RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Keith Barrick said in an event thread over at the American club that the Vectra is not necessarily unbalanced... it's just that you don't need to do as much to make it quick. I can vouch for that - I can do much the same times in any other car as the Vectra, but I have to work a lot harder to get the others to go as fast... But if it's been removed for the time being, I suppose I'll go back to my first love, the Alfa. :love:

Vectra removed from car list for the time being as it seems a little unbalanced currently.

Chev 2007 vs Vectra 2007

Max torque: 283Nm vs 270Nm
BumpStop Front L&R: 4.00cm vs 4.25cm
BumpStop Rear L&R: equal/same
Wheel Track: +8.5cm wider on Vectra
Diffuser Downforce: +0.6% more Downforce on Vectra
Oversteer: +0.46% more on Vectra
CofG: +1% more to the front on Vectra
Fuel Tank Position: 2cm lower on Vectra
Front wing downforce: equal/same
Rear wing Downforce: equal/same
Body drag: equal

Seat 2007 vs Vectra 2007

Max torque: 277Nm vs 270Nm
BumpStop Front L&R: 5.50cm vs 4.25cm
BumpStop Rear L&R: 5.50cm vs 4.00cm
Wheel Track: +1.5cm wider front on Vectra, +0.5cm wider rear on Seat
Diffuser Downforce: +2.5% more downforce on Seat
CofG: +1% more to the front on Seat
Fuel Tank Position: 3cm lower on Seat
Front wing Downforce: +2.7% on Vectra
Rear wing Downforce: +5.7% on Vectra
Body drag: -4.3% on Vectra
Oversteer: +6.5% more on Vectra

So, you can see that the Vectra is under powered compared to the Chev and just to the Seat. Wider wheelbase to Chev, but ~ the same as Seat. ~ same downforce as Vectra, more and less in different areas vs Seat. Much more oversterr than Seat and ~ same as Chev.

I think that if the Chev was the "new" car and more drove it, the Chev might be looked upon in the same light at the Vectra.

The Chev has the power and only loses out on wheel track. The Seat loses on wing downforce, but get helped by more diffuser and less oversteer...

I wonder if I used the exact physics of the Chev it would still be seen as unequal?

I'm not saying that I won't look into this more but, try some Vectra setups on the Chev and see how you go...

People just jumped on the vectra because it was a new car, so there was alot of them on the grid, it was never more powerful or unbalanced. The most unbalanced car is the honda which is the easiest and fastest car to drive, but that doesnt get removed???

Its a shame as i love the vectra just for it looks.

I agree with Adam plus it stopped there being grids of nothing but Honda and SEAT Leon- I miss the events where you had to select a car from the list- ensuring every type of car was used.
I like to swap around but mainly drive the Audi for the looks and sound - how suited the car is to the track doesn't come into it.
With a decent setup any car can challenge for the win. It's not like public servers which include the WTCC 87 cars- where they clearly have an advantage

Anyway,there is one thing that i can't understand at all....why people say that being diferences between cars is a problem.....the diferences between Vectra and others are the same like between Chevy and others and are the same like between BMW and others and so on.....if it's like that,make it singlemark car.....and this thing nobody will like....

Every car has his avantages and desavantages.

I think a Chevy can be faster also Ryan.Depends on setup and driver.Did anyone maked a test where the same driver drived the Vectra and Chevy on the same track with 2 very good setups(or defaults)?....anyway,you might be right,i was just asking :)

Can you sign me up please?

It will be my first race in a Formula Masters, and im running on a laptop which is only just on the borderline of running the game. If i decide that it is too slow to run the F Masters (which it may well be) then i will most probably withdraw. (So any reserves, keep an eye out during Practise!!).

It's not just the evidence here - I've seen it in the ARC events too. Just seems to have a small advantage. I love the Vectra's looks too and I have nothing against it, and I have plenty of experience matching up performance with differing attributes after doing the Touring Masters mod.

Anyway,there is one thing that i can't understand at all....why people say that being diferences between cars is a problem.....the diferences between Vectra and others are the same like between Chevy and others and are the same like between BMW and others and so on.....if it's like that,make it singlemark car.....and this thing nobody will like....

Every car has his avantages and desavantages.

got it spot on :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back