Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

I don't know why but I was so slow today, 3 seconds slower than the same setup last night when we were practising. I just couldn't get the rhythm. I think I was just too tired after all. :/

Thanks all for racing, will see you on Monday.

Thanks gentlemen and congrats to the podium!

Didn't manage to get a good q-lap so started 9th. Managed to get through the chicane unharmed, but the on the S-curve there was a yellow car sideways in a cloud of smoke, and I had to spin out to avoid it. Survived with minor damage and dropped to the last place (or close). Ended up 7th after serial spinning -- too much effort, no smooth rhythm. Fun though.

I had a similar experience than Yuri, just a couple seconds per lap slower :D Good fights for a couple laps, I had an excursion avoiding somebody in the hairpin, then lonely drive just catching people that were going off.

All in all, 8th, not very fast but lapping like a clock. I was so zoned I almost did not want to pit, the car felt as good with more than half race on it.

@Andrew James Could we try a 2x / 3x tyre wear for these events? I guess with that you could choose to drive smooth and pit once or throw it around and pit twice. Here you could abuse the tyres as much as you like, they would hold much much more than half a race.

I had an ok race I guess. everyone seemed to get through the first few corners pretty well, but coming out of the "s" on the first lap, I hit @Tal Segal I believe. I waited for him to let him by (which cost me a back seat to the rear of the pack. I was dissapointed in myself after that mistake and I began saying "my fault, my fault" on teamspeak. Then I heard someone say "don't worry dean, move on." I appreciate that comment, thank you. I moved on but I continued to worry about it because I felt bad for making a mistake when everyone made it through clean on the first sector of the first lap. After that, I made some more mistakes that were self inflicted. It was a shame because I felt like I had a competitive car today to at least compete in the middle of the pack, but I let myself down by not concentrating and staying focused and forgetting about everything else. I qualified 11th, and finished 9th out of a good turn out of 16 drivers. But it was like finishing in last place because the remaining 7 drivers found themselves out of the race due to damage. Another way to look at it is I managed to finish the race. Well done on the win by Yuri (we had some close moments in practice! really fun), and to the podium finishers. Overall, I had a good time. Thank you @Andrew James for this great Saturday event and for showing up after your very long day. Until next time gents.

...and sorry Tal for racing you when you were lapping me. I thought the blue car was Alberto, and the blue flag appeared so late I thought you were behind us two. None of my cursed plugins showed me proper info at the time! In case of Yuri, the blue flag appeared right on time, and even my robot spotter was awake and warned me about it, so I swiftly gave room.

I know I said I would do a video of the race on teamspeak... but it was pretty uneventful most times for me, so I shan't. Unless you lot insist.
I had two proper overtakes, but other than that (and the start), it was just trying to lap consistently.
@Jyri Kettunen - I was kinda pissed at first when I saw you weren't giving in, but then I thought to myself "He's gonna make me fight for it" and I kinda liked it. Was a good bit of fun in an otherwise uneventful race. Don't kick yourself too much about that blue flag.

@Dean Solomon Don't be too hard on yourself, **** happens. Important thing is you waited and followed it with an apology (even though waiting for me to pass you is apologetic enough)

I qualified 11th, and finished 9th out of a good turn out of 16 drivers. But it was like finishing in last place because the remaining 7 drivers found themselves out of the race due to damage. Another way to look at it is I managed to finish the race.

Do not underestimate the feat that is finishing, last or not, I think keeping it together for one hour is not easy.

You were really close to not be the last, but I don't know what you did when you tried overtake me, with a bit more patience you could have passed me half a dozen times because you were beating me a second per lap or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%