Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

After weighing the arguments after last week's race with regards to the MINI being too hard to control with fixed setups we have decided that Friday's race will have open setups.

It's not that you can tweak much on the MINI but some tyre pressure adjustments will make the handling of the car a lot better.

After weighing the arguments after last week's race with regards to the MINI being too hard to control with fixed setups we have decided that Friday's race will have open setups.

It's not that you can tweak much on the MINI but some tyre pressure adjustments will make the handling of the car a lot better.

The Mini default setup is a lot of fun to drive and very easy. I was hoping the RD Mini Challenge was going to be fixed setup. It's the same for everyone. With fixed setup it's just driving. I'm not an engineer, I just like to drive.

Adjusting the mini setup from default only gained me tenth or two per lap in the last season of the RDMC. Adjusting tire pressures often helped with long run consistency, but didn’t seem to affect anything too much. For me, that was the beauty of this championship, as I didn’t have time to muck around with multiple setup options like ARB, dampers etc.

Tyre pressure, brake pressure and wing level shouldn’t take too long to adjust to your preference, and I don’t think there’s anything else you can change on the Mini. For example, all I did last time out was keep wing at 1 or 2 and take a little pressure out the rear tyres, and nothing else.

I’m happy with fixed or free setup options, i don’t believe it makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 368 28.1%