EU MINI Challenge @ Hockenheim - Friday 23 Nov 2018

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006

With the winter arriving fast we are ramping up for a new season of the highly acclaimed RD MINI Cooper Challenge. Before launching the esport series we are warming you up with some exciting racing club events featuring this little beast of a car. Join us for some casual fun on Fridays

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a (mini) challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

How to connect to an Automobilista server: click here
Server and Teamspeak Passwords: click here
Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Cars: MINI Challenge
Track: Hockenheim National
Setups: Open

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race 1: 21:00 GMT (15 minutes)
Race 2: 21:25 GMT (reversed grid,15 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Mike McGeer
  2. Ross McGregor
  3. Bram Hengeveld
  4. Sven-Arne Andersson
  5. MapoUK
  6. Lars Johansson
  7. Jopamir (maybe)
  8. dmatika
  9. Steve Le Gallez
  10. Mark Breslin
  11. Fatalist88
  12. Leonardo Tuma
  13. Stefan Hiller
  14. xnorb
  15. jayjfinn
  16. Arkoudadis
  17. praxtonio
  18. Johnny Stathoros
  19. Daniel Nieto
  20. Free slot
UTP #44

Last edited by a moderator:

paulbee058

100RPM
Sep 24, 2018
Can you register me as a maybe? Hope to download AMS later this week and test it out.
Thanks
Paul

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
After weighing the arguments after last week's race with regards to the MINI being too hard to control with fixed setups we have decided that Friday's race will have open setups.

It's not that you can tweak much on the MINI but some tyre pressure adjustments will make the handling of the car a lot better.

MapoUK

100RPM
Jan 28, 2013
I like fixed setups, level playing field and then it's all down to the driver :D

Manuel Alves

50RPM
Apr 18, 2017
After weighing the arguments after last week's race with regards to the MINI being too hard to control with fixed setups we have decided that Friday's race will have open setups.

It's not that you can tweak much on the MINI but some tyre pressure adjustments will make the handling of the car a lot better.
The Mini default setup is a lot of fun to drive and very easy. I was hoping the RD Mini Challenge was going to be fixed setup. It's the same for everyone. With fixed setup it's just driving. I'm not an engineer, I just like to drive.

Ross McGregor

2000RPM
Premium
Dec 18, 2008
Adjusting the mini setup from default only gained me tenth or two per lap in the last season of the RDMC. Adjusting tire pressures often helped with long run consistency, but didn’t seem to affect anything too much. For me, that was the beauty of this championship, as I didn’t have time to muck around with multiple setup options like ARB, dampers etc.

Tyre pressure, brake pressure and wing level shouldn’t take too long to adjust to your preference, and I don’t think there’s anything else you can change on the Mini. For example, all I did last time out was keep wing at 1 or 2 and take a little pressure out the rear tyres, and nothing else.

I’m happy with fixed or free setup options, i don’t believe it makes a big difference.

Jopamir

"CarryOn Racing Team"
Premium
May 14, 2016
Hello guys (Hallo @Bram Hengeveld , JP here ;))
Out of AMS for a long time and not sure if I can do it this friday but please put me as maybe:)
Cheers