RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm racing in the Seat (ugliest one out there) and can offer a setup upon request... and if the secret password is given along with the secret handshake. It was good for a 1.18.3 in a quali offline practice race.... and I'm not bragging or complaining... i don't have any idea if that's good or not!!!

Drivers ranked numbers 56, 7, 3, 14 and 64 will be in this race. Plenty of points to be had for us lower ranked guys if we have a good showing.....

A podium tonight would be an accomplishment seeing as how there's plenty of heavyweights in the field. This is going to be great!

This is a great track and some fun cars. Like I said in my pre race post, a podium would be an accomplishment.... I had a good not great first race... One mistake and got 3rd on a pass by Eric N with 2 laps to go. Race 2 was a disaster for me. An incident in lap 1 or 2 with Glen and then a few laps later dodging a spun car, I accelerated too early and spun and hit the wall doing huge damage. I raced the rest of the time way way off pace. 3rd and 9th... Oh well, off to the GT cars now.

I had never raced the DTMs before so I didn't know what to expect. I also didn't know it was meant to be Audi/Merc only so I went for looks over reliability and chose the Alfa.

Setup turned out to be alright but for the first race I was quite careful so I wasn't that fast. Got a good start and gained a few places, then a few more when someone went flying through the first turn. From there my memory is a bit sketchy, I think I was in third until Eric Nelson passed me. Then I was by myself until the end. Stefan was catching up all the time but he made a mistake somewhere I think so I kept 4th.

Second race was very good fun. Start was decent and going into the first corner I drove between Glen and Stefan to take 2nd. I later passed Phil I think it was for first. I then had Yves all over me for a lap until he got past at turn 5. At that point I thought I would hold for second but for some reason I kept my foot in. I then noticed that Yves wasn't getting away from me as down the straights I kept closing up. So I followed him for a while, kept putting the pressure on at T5 as he was shortshifting up the hill from what I could hear so I kept closing up. He had an iffy moment in the chicane but held it and I couldn't quite pass. I finally fluffed it round T3 putting the power down a little too much and dropped to 4th. Stayed there till the end.

Found out that the Alfa's engine started going off on lap 7 of each race, even with my ducts at 4. Must be the hill that caused it (it's probably just the Alfa doing what it does best - not working), full revs in 5th up there can't be too good. On another note there was a lot of cutting going on and speeding in the pitlane which was rubbish. I think I'll try another event to see how it goes but if it isn't being knocked off, it's people cutting/speeding in the pitlane and I am getting tired of it to be honest.

Oh and I made a short video of my race 2 start, as it made my night :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline