RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First race for me here on RD was fun....started 4th in 1st race but made a mistake in T3 i believe...touched Ross (sorry for that)...back to 23rd place :(
Made my way back to 8th pos :) and on pole for the 2nd race....That was good!! had a nice fight for 1st pos with 3 Honda's....half way made it to 2nd place...good fight with Ross again for the 1st place...in the last round, bumber to bumber... 3 corners to go and then a...... minidump...DAMMNNN :(....

Good race...enjoyed it very much :)

ahh my races was soo :thumbdown:, spin, blocked blocked blocked, then second race was going ok and someone hit me out.
I hate superpole now cuz was going to drive then noticed i have not fuel enaught and pressed esc.....:mad:
feels now like not gonna race anymore..

Don`t be daft.
Fuel, thats your fault.
If you have a problem with a racing incident then report is as per the instructions by bram/staff.

Mabe worth looking at your replay as sometime you can see its not some else fault as first thought?

Don`t let it stop you racing, especially with the new scoring system, brilliant! :wink:

Both races were way too rough, back it down a little and it would have been awesome fun. Pushed off to many times in race 1 which ruined a good result. Race 2 was pretty good until i made a small error in the last lap.

Great fight with mr Morse in race two, excellent!

Conclusion: TDI's do not consume much fuel, but no tyres left after 3/4 of the race :)

Thanks Yves for setting this up :thumbup:

What a great race to get my club racing back up and running :)

Practise - 2nd

Did a PB in my first lap and couldn't better it, was beaten by Jari.

Qually - 2nd: 1:24:9

Was really hoping I didn't bottle it as I usually did, and was shocked to find myself less than a tenth of Rickard. Promising for the race!

Race One - 2nd (AGAIN! lol)

Got an average start and got side by side with Rickard but didn't want to risk sending us both into the barriers so kept it safe and settled for second. Going into turn 4 I got a shunt from Remco which knocked me down to 6th. I fought back passed Ollie, Barry and was luck enough to find Caramidaru in the gravel, so was promoted to 3rd. I then had a 5 second gap to close down David and Rickard for the lead so set about qually style in catching them. However Rickard made an error so I moved up to 2nd. We both then got in line and tried to catch David. We got the gap down to 2 seconds until I realised my tires were gone! I had to defend my 2nd position and eventually crossed the line with very worn out tires!

Race Two - 1st:

Was very even off the start as the top 8 were all Honda's! Got an average start and got up to 5th. I had a nice battle with Ollie and got by him and the same with Rick Kay (I closed the door a bit tight on you, sorry mate!) I then jsut had Mark and Remco to catch. Luckily they were battling so I caught them pretty quickly. I sat and watched them for a few laps. After a slight mistake by Remco I could get second which left only Mark to beat if I were to win. He had pulled a slight gap from me for a couple of laps but I slowly slowly reeled him in and passed him at the penultimate corner. I had Mark and Remco in my mirrors until about 3/4 distance where Mark dropped off, leaving just me and Remco. I had preserved my tyres a bit better in this race but they were still a handful as the laps went by. On the final lap, he was right on my tail. I thought he was going to try to pass me on turn 4 so I protected me line. He then disappeared off my screen, i still don't know what happened him??? Anyway I crossed the line to win my first RD race in ages :D

Thanks to Yves for setting it up and thanks to all I battled with :)

Great racing tonight guys, I really enjoyed it. I also think it went quite well for such a toight like a tiger circuit.
I had great fights with many drivers and enjoyed all of them.
Thank you all again..great racing.
:)

mostly good racing guys, especially for this track. i was expecing wreck city on lap 1! Few good battles just a shame about a couple of incidents which saw me fighting further back. Still great racing mid field! Well done all, even the ditch lovers (come on, who didnt end up in there at some point during the meeting!?)

Race 1: qualied in the top ten, had a reasonable start but had to back out a bit due to cars in front and a couple of cars got by. Settled into the race and watched a few up ahead start taking to the grass. Now coming upto Bram who just had an off but got back on track just in front of me. As we approched the next corner I thought I anticipated Bram braking as I did brake a little early myself but that Seat tractor must have air brakes & I just touched Bram but he seemed to just take off and as I watched thinking I need to wait Bram was doing somersaults & I myself ended up on the other side of the track. I could no longer see Bram so got back to racing but found myself a lap down and the rest they say is history.

Race 2: starting from the back I took it easy for the first few laps and let those ahead duke it out. As I started to head up the rankings I had a few nice battles along the way until I ended up in 9th spot. Better race and enjoyed it a lot more.

Sorry Bram for the tap & ruining both our race and to those I might have got in the way. Thanks to all I raced against in race 2, nice driving by all.

Thanks to Yves for staging the event and of course RD for the hardware. Thanks to all that showed up tonight and grts to all podium finishers.

P.s. this is a great track but I can see why they only race bikes and club races round it as its a bit to tight for 24 touring cars.

rd1..jpg
nice battle in race 2 -see loads of room :tongue:

Huhh, that was tiring...
I realized at the first race, that how bad the BMW basic setup was for this track. I had 4 sec gap to the leaders. When Bram overtook me I tried to follow him, and in the first bent corner that he was absorbing smoothly, I flew out of the track. After this I've decided that 1:29:xx-1:30:xx lap times are enough for me.

Race 1: Very bad start, after that contact with Kennett, let him go back in front of me. Had some running wide, 1-2 other contacts, all together very bad first half. I pulled myself together after that, could do consistent laps, watched for the overtaking leaders.

Race 2: From 20th position, good start, but couldn't step forward because of the narrow track. Had a smal contact with one of the Seats. After this I've gained a lot of positions in a few laps, overtook spinning, sliding, crashing drivers. A few of them overtook me later. Like Rob at least 3 times :tongue:
Tried to stay out of trouble, the car provided enough fight for me. Oversteer-understeer constatntly...
Made one mistake at one of Rob's passings. He was passing on the inside, and I let the car run wide, and the tires reached the grass. No coming back from that...

Summary: Although it was tiring, I enjoyed this event, good experience, andlove this track...

What a great race to get my club racing back up and running :)

I had Mark and Remco in my mirrors until about 3/4 distance where Mark dropped off, leaving just me and Remco. I had preserved my tyres a bit better in this race but they were still a handful as the laps went by. On the final lap, he was right on my tail. I thought he was going to try to pass me on turn 4 so I protected me line. He then disappeared off my screen, i still don't know what happened him??? Anyway I crossed the line to win my first RD race in ages :D

I did wanted to pass you in every turn it was possible ;)
Had a minidump in the last corners :(:(
Sorry for the first race mate....couldnt avoid you ...my mistake

Hehe good to hear times are improving, will fiddle some more and do time attack as well and try to improve.
The bump before the bridge I usuall let throttle go for a sec or so steer in touching grass on left and floor it ! :p
With the long straights drafting will be a cool factor as well.

And as for the 6th gear...longest I would make it is with a top of about 247...any higher and you will loose to much power in the lower gears/revs overall imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back