Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

First race for a while and had a great time made all the more enjoyable with Teamspeak.
I was surprised that I qualified 4th and thought it was too good to be true.
Andres was slow off the line at start of race 1 so i had to dodge round the outside of him, that let Sven up the inside at turn 1 and Warren was all over the back of me. Sven ran wide at the right hand turn 3 on lap 2 which put me back to 4th.
On lap 8 I slowed for some reason and Warren and Gundars slipped up the inside at turn 1. Trying to chase Warren enthusiasm overtook skill and I went wide at the right hand turn 3 and jut missed the tyre wall, that let Genci, Brian and Andrew passed, down to 9th. I tried to catch Andrew but it didn't happen so a very poor finish, 9th from 4th on the grid :(

Race 2 I qualified 6th.
Gundars in front of me on the grid pumped the start then stopped so i had to jink round then I passed Manuel into turn 1 to move up to 4th. Andres ran wide so up to 3rd:D However Andres re-took the position at the right hand turn 4 and Manuel passed just before the last turn so back down to 5th. All that in the first lap!
Finished the race in 5th.

Thanks to Andrew for organising the races and thanks to all my fellow competitors for some good clean racing especially as I am new and you therefore don't know my driving ability (or lack of :whistling:) :)

Could only do Race 1 but boy, that was a lot of fun!

Somehow managed to be 3rd after Practice which was very surprising for me but only qualified in 7th.

Once the race started, I was following Dave for the first few laps. Had to pass Sven on the outside after he went wide and then lost a spot to Gundars. For some reason, Dave then slowed down at the first turn while Gundars and I were going full throttle which made things a little interesting but thankfully no contact. Soon Gundars went wide at turn 3 meaning I was now in 4th position.

Gundars got very close a few times but I managed to hold him off each time and had him on my back for the last 10 minutes of the race.

All the while I managed to keep my concentration and focus while there were some people on Teamspeak wondering what shade of brown their pants need to be :D:D:D

Was great racing!! For me, this was my best performance by a mile. Normally, I stuff up somewhere and then its a case of hotlapping on my own. One very happy bunny.

Great car on a great track! Bring on the Opalas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%