1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Mini Challenge @ Cadwell Park - Friday 01Dec17 [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 01-12-17
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,041
    Mini Challenge.jpg
    Welcome to the Automobilista racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
    Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
    (Updated!)
    Incident Reporting: Click here

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU FRI
    Cars: Mini Challenge
    Track: Cadwell Park

Friday 01/12/17
    Practice:
    20:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 20:30 GMT (15 minutes)
    Warmup: 20:50 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race: 20:55 GMT (20 minutes)
    Break: 21:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race: 21:25 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List

1. alexSchmurtz (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
    2. Gasper Zupan
    3. ARG1980 (maybe)
    4. Ingemar Petersson
    5. Mike McGeer
    6. Yapci (Maybe)
    7. Steve Le Gallez
    8. Sven-Arne Andersson
    9. dmatika
    10. TTupsi
    11. gasoline12
    12. Martin Fiala
    13. CMGARAGE (maybe)
    14. Destroy72
    15. Matt Le Gallez
    16. josecar_fr
    17. Manuel Alves
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
    1. Free slot
    2. Free slot

UTP#52 SLG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +855
    YAY!!! Mini Friday's are back!!

Can't make this one but if there's another one next week I'm in for sure!!!

Any chance the mini challenge league will be back anytime soon?? :whistling: it's been almost a year since season 10, having withdrawals!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Foxtochop Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    Sign me in please!

4. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +472
    Possible to change track and add the Metalmoro/porsche to the available cars?
    Why the 2x20 format again, so much time wasted between the races until we get going again.
    Both AC and AMS clubraces are incredible stale these days.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan
    Troyan Donut Automotive Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Sign me up please.

6. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +472
    @Matt Le Gallez I mean yes we had 30+ drivers signing up for mini friday running unheard of 80 min last year, everyone left :thumbsup:
    Why cant people vote for track/car and lenght? How can we influence the decision whats car/track combo we run next week?
    A new patch drops, whats stops RD from hosting a casual race the next day or a fun practice session?
    I would love to host a server for fun (a perk for being premium member lol)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,592
    We are listening to feedbacks, thanks for giving some. But let's give us a bit of time to get use to a new beast before jumping in a club race where we should first have fun. We are not all as skillful as you…;) Multiclass races are great too and we should do one at some point, yes; but here that would be a complete change and not a Mini Friday anymore. This is as much (if not more…) about chatting on TS than racing, a friendly and social evening. Even if the typical Mini Fridays were one long race, let's see if we can revive the magic first! Of course it will not be to everyone's taste, and it does not seem to work so far… But it was so long since the last Mini race that it seemed a proper time to try again! At the end of the day, we do look at the number of people that showed up when deciding events. :) We have the new turbo model to try too...

You're on pole on the list Gasper!

I should be there too. Let' see if we can get back some pillars of the Mini Fridays! @Mark Breslin @Paul Watkins @PicoBp @ARG1980 @kamackeris @Slalom823 @CMGARAGE @Mike McGeer @Jimlaad43 @Craig Patteson @Steve Le Gallez @Matt Le Gallez @Paul Le Gallez @Paul Le Messurier @Ian Le Messurier @Alen Terzić @Mike Frost @Yapci @Dennis Phelan @Sven-Arne Andersson @Fabrice Bourguignon @dmatika @KoshaPashkin @Joseph Wright @PurgerUK @Qazdar Karim @Gasper Grebenc @Ingemar Petersson @Bram Hengeveld @Theo van den Brink @Nobkins @Ross McGregor @Jazz Forsberg @Rob Milliken @Allan Ramsbottom

Sorry for the massive tag, some of you did not race with us recently so not sure if you're still premium… but would any of you be interested in a Mini Friday revival, at least for one shot? :inlove: Btw @quicksilver384 are you around this friday for a formation lap spin, or still stuck behind your truck wheel? :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. Matt Le Gallez

Matt Le Gallez
    AMS Club Race Organiser Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +317
    This was bound to happen eventually. 80mins is way too long for a Mini race and people simply got bored of that.

Speak to us, we don't bite. If there's something specific that you want to drive/race, let one of us know with plently of notice. Sometimes, these events are planned weeks in advance, so we're very unlikely to change something once it's been published. We're more than happy to listen to suggestions from club members, so please, feel free to PM either me or @Ross Garland.

Every night of the week RD hosts club races... for fun. Why not try joining in the conversation on Teamspeak, it really does add to the enjoyment! (some people are really crazy :sneaky:)
    Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss any further! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs

Ratings:
    +855

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Take that back!!!

80 minutes of mini racing is Sim racing euphoria!!! Seriously though it's the freaking best, but.... Probably better suited for the mini challenge league that I'm sure will be returning soon :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs

Ratings:
    +855
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +472
    I already gave most of this feedback back in march via the contact button below. Its a fact most people that did race last year left for whatever reason. I don´t understand why RD is not actively reaching out to those who left/stopped racing and gather feedback (questionnaire), there is no communication on anything really just looking at the winter start time "discussion".
    Just a simple vote on track/car/lenght is great pointer to what people are interested in.

Yes its natural that an event gets less traction over time (thats why i stopped even back in january and started AC), thats a question every active member has to answer (shorten race, start time later/earlier .. is that a problem?!, add a 2. faster car, try a new car)

Racedepartment is a huge website we shouldn´t struggle to fill up a single server, or maybe simracing is that small?!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,041
    Longer races can indeed be great fun, but our policy is to keep the regular club events to a total of 90 minutes or less, which includes a practice session, qualifying session, and the race(s). This allows the vast majority of people to attend, including those with less time available due to family commitments or whatever else.

That's not to say there will never be longer races because we can and do run occasional special events, but the regular club slots will generally follow the above rule of thumb. :)

A lot has changed since March, including new staff, a new management structure, and new RD policies. Just because you don't see what's going on behind the scenes it doesn't mean nothing is, and any feedback from 6+ months ago is no longer relevant.

We do. Again, just because you don't see what's going on doesn't mean nothing is. As Matt suggested, half of the discussions we have happen on TeamSpeak during events, so feel free to jump on and join in. It's also worth pointing out that most of the staff have a lot of experience in both sim racing and RD itself has been going for more then ten years. We have a pretty good idea of what works for the vast majority, and what doesn't.

That's not going to happen because when you ask 100+ people to vote 100+ different choices, you will never get a consistent answer of any value. That's why we have race organisers. The question of race length I've answered above. As for tracks, as Matt said, we are just a PM away. Don't post your suggestions in the threads because they will be missed. If you have a track suggestion for the Caterhams, PM Matt. If you have a track suggestion for the F3's, PM me. Simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,086
    Oh I can't this Friday :( I am out on bi-weekly basis and this weekend is one of them. Ill join MINI's for sure when i can :inlove:

• Love Love x 1
  14. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Foxtochop Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    • Love Love x 1
  15. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX

Ratings:
    +386
    In with a maybe

• Love Love x 1
  16. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Ingemar Petersson Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    In:devilish:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,592
    So sorry Óscar! You have your pole back!
    Your post and Florian's one were so long, I did not see the small important one in the middle...:speechless:
    Next time we'll have to make sure we choose the "good" week-end! :D
    Sure! :thumbsup:
    Excellent! It would not have been a real Mini Friday without Billabong! :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Mike McGeer

Mike McGeer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +106
    Sign me up

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +260
    Ummmmm miniissss! I think i can do it this Friday (and I really miss racing here!) Put me up as a maybe and let’s see how week goes on.

I suggest:

1. Longer race or no stop between races (no warm up etc).
    2. Mix classes. That makes different people to jump in, even if they are not pair (i mean, in Le Mans you have LMP1 and gt cars...).
    3. Maybe put race half an hour before. It’s just in the middle for hour changes that screw it all.
    4. Or Maybe do less practice and start the race before.
    (Or something similar).

It’s seems to me that the hour change is affecting (for me personally it is) the amount of people involved. And the Copa cars that are less appealing than others i feel.

And for me it would be awesome to throw in some Metalmoro, Mcr200 and some Mini’s. Add to it some of Patrick mods like Barcelona (more known tracks) and you got a crazy, funny and full race! Plenty of overtakes, plenty of laughs on Teamspeak and a car that suits for everyone for sure.

This year league should involve the MCR2000...they are popular in here. Easy to drive, hard to master, little setups to make.

• Like Like x 1
  20. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +908
    Sorry mate i am working. It would have been good to drive the mini again too :-(

• Love Love x 1