Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Thank you guys. I am really hoping by the time the race rolls around this won't be an issue anymore. I am a transplant survivor, I had a transplant over 10 years ago, so my health is a bit up and down, but I usually manage.
My wife was just diagnosed with 2 separate and very serious Heart issues. She is basically in Congestive Heart failure, so when her pulse goes up too much for too long, I have to get her in the car and drive her to the ER. In the past 4 months we have been there over 30 times.
Twice it happened during a race (not here, but at iRacing, which is good because no one cares there). I'd hate to make a commitment to race and then having to bail out without notice. That's why I haven't been racing much in the past few months.
This is, ultimately, a game (despite how seriously some people take it) and you shouldn't let it be a stress. Sign up if you feel like racing, and if you have to jump out because of real life important situations, that is perfectly fine, I don't think anyone in the club would hold that against you (and if they did, they'd be jerks anyway). This is for fun, not to feel like a chore. You're welcome any time.

Hey, those were great races but I think I'm involved in the second race's 1st corner incident :(
I really apologize, my mistake entirely, arrived too fast in the first right hander and that was it for the car in front. I felt pretty bad for the rest of the race even though it was pretty epic.

Hopefully I'll drive more safely next time, anyway, thank you to all, it was great fun!

This is, ultimately, a game (despite how seriously some people take it) and you shouldn't let it be a stress. Sign up if you feel like racing, and if you have to jump out because of real life important situations, that is perfectly fine, I don't think anyone in the club would hold that against you (and if they did, they'd be jerks anyway). This is for fun, not to feel like a chore. You're welcome any time.
Thank you, I appreciate the thought and I agree: it is a game, especially compared with the crap life throws at you.
Nevertheless, sometimes I think it is one of the few things that keeps me sane.
The greatest thing about racing, simulated or not, is that only the next turn is important, the next pass, the next race. It helps one detox from the stress of daily life where so many things have to be managed at once (few of them pleasurable).

I tried quitting simracing so that I wouldn't feel guilty for playing while my wife was suffering in bed. I eventually realized that a) I am not a doctor, there is little I can do, b) depriving myself of fun does not make her better, and c) I need a way to abandon real life every once in a while and live in a world where things are more under my control.
So if it is Simracing, watching a movie, reading a book, play tennis, I am not being egotistical as long as I can still be there for her and I can be a good father, husband and man in general.

At the same time, a lot of us, including yours truly, spend a considerable amount of time practicing and preparing for these races and we count on each other to make sure that time is not wasted.
A 20 car race is excellent, a 10 car race can be fun, a 3 car race, when 20 people signed up, is a bummer. So if I sign up I want to be reasonably confident that I can show up on the day of the race.
Thank you again for the nice words.

@Davy Vandevenne it's alright, "**** happens" was the motto of this race (and many others)

Man, that second race was a turmoil of emotions. Got past 5-6 cars on the start before the first corner, got hit by Davy and dropped all the way down to the bottom, and then finished 7th after a great fight with Toby.

@Julian Dietz I just saw the replay of race 2 and I got tagged from behind putting me into a spin at the esses part, and disadvantaging you. I didn't see that during the race, and there was literally nothing I could do to stop the collision after being hit. I saw you wait, and I wasn't sure who was who in all the chaos. So, thank you for waiting and playing it safe despite it not being your fault :thumbsup:, I'd have let you through again right away if I had known, but basically we were both the victims in the incident. Hope you still enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%