AMS2 MINI Challenge @ Buenos Aires #15 - Friday February 10th 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
MINI.jpg

MINI FRIDAY'S ARE BACK ON RACEDEPARTMENT :inlove:

Previously hosted for years with iconic sims such a RACE The WTCC Game, RACE 07, GTR Evolution, Game Stock Car, Stock Car Extreme and Automobilista 1 it's now the time for Automobilista 2 to take over one of the oldest types of racing club events done on RaceDepartment.

Open to both beginner and more experience simracers the easy going MINI John Cooper Works is one of the coolest cars to race online with a full field of opponents.

Are you new to simracing and want to race with more experienced simracers who will show you the ropes and help you as much as they can during a casual fun online event, don't miss out and sign up today! Experienced drivers, seasoned veterans, are of course very much welcome as always!

You will not get any faster or skilled by not racing online, you will only get faster with online practice and resistance with other real drivers surrounding you. Especially when these drivers are your friendly fellow community members who are happy to assist you with driving tips, techniques or even setups. Simply join us on Discord during the event and chat away. We don't bite, I promise :)

Do you want to become a better pilot, take your chance now and start your online sim racing career here on RD with the amazing MINI Cooper JCW and sign up in the comments below. :)

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Server Password: Click here
Server Settings: Open
Track: Buenos Aires #15
Cars: MINI Cooper JCW
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

Practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 CET (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC / 20:45 CET (45 minutes)

Entry List

1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. Bjorn de Haas
  3. James Skinner
  4. Kryztov
  5. Monkified
  6. H_Belane
  7. Des Bain
  8. speedychris
  9. Dave Stephenson
  10. Boukâh
  11. Reefabus
  12. Davy Vandevenne
  13. The Almighty Snark
  14. superpef
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot

Last edited:
I'm afraid I must withdraw from tonight's race, I managed to break my 3d printed Brake pedal base last night, and didnt manage to get one printed in time for tonight..

A real shame, because, having never driven it before, I now LOVE Buenos Aires Layout #15 in a Mini, what an awesome track for it.

Anyway, sorry I won't be there, I will try my best to make the grid for the next race. Thanks.

Man, that was fun! Unexpected, but pure fun for shure!

Practiced a decent amount of laps this afternoon, did a few 2:10’s which I was very proud of :cool::geek: but couldn’t get it right in quali, happy enough just putting a number on the boards.

What a wicked race! Had some spins but not too many, luckily.

And then it got colder, darker, low hanging sun, straight into my eyes, forgot my sunglasses… And of course some rain, never done that before in any car, let alone a fwd (which I’m still learning to drive somewhat properly) on slicks. Have I mentioned the darkness yet? Oh well, the sun set. No headlights, no lamp posts. And I’m on a single screen 24” and my desk is lit. Luckily I could do the corner turn in’s by memory. Most. I think.

Again, great fun, one learns quite quickly this way, thank you Bram :cool:

Thanks guys and thanks Bram for organizing!

Last edited:
Nice event!

I rode the Mini for the first time. I don't play AMS2 that often either, although it's a great game. Everything went well until the pit stop. I switched to rain tires after the first raindrops and forgot to switch them back after the rain. I then drove the last 10 minutes with rain tires. Result: plus 15 seconds per lap. :confused:

Nevertheless great event. I will join again. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back