RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Eric and Yves, I was watching your brake points, and I noticed you both brake much later than I am. Yet I can not slow to make a corner if I brake any later. I know I stab the pedal too much. Are you doing anything else different though? I couldn't really tell if you were using the engine to slow you down any more than I do.

I don't know the track but I know later breaking sometimes will require trail braking and I'm sure these fast guys are doing that. So.... do you employ trail breaking?? That'll help get these cars turned in a bit better.

Both of those will help, but can be tricky to master, theres some reading material here for you -> http://flyingpigpedia.wetpaint.com/page/Driving Techniques

It doesn't say a vast amount about setting up the car to aid with that but introduces the thought process of thinking of tyres as hhaving 100% grip split several ways eg, 80% braking force, 20% lateral grip, and trying to balance these through a corner to achieve maximum adheision and therefore speed. That's why rear brake balance will help you get the car in as it will remove some lateral grip from the rears allowing it to slide slightly without completely loosing rear grip.

Anywya the trail braking stuff is at the bottom of the page, although most of it is good reading if a little short on depth.

I have just been putting together a wee video of race 2 and I would like to thank, Chris Sykes, Andrew Bridle, Jelle van der Knaap & Dan Allinson for the best racing I have ever had in race 2.

If Dan had not lost the back end under braking I do not think race 2 would have been as exciting as it was :thumb:

Yes, that was great fun! Figgered with the fast pace ahead, defence would be the best option:tongue: Too bad for the bump at the chicane. I thought he hadn't passed me yet, so I parked:wink: And there you both disappeared into the sunset:tongue:

Well it's been a while since I last raced on a sunday morning but it was as good as it was back then, nice job Dave.

Right now the report, qualied in a really close group with Bjorn & Bob in close attendance. Got of the line well but Bjorn beat me to the first corner. Settled in and had a cracking duel with Bjorn but unfortunately I tag him as I seemed to be a bit better on the brakes. Waited, of course, and we resumed out battle but the incident cost us a few places. I now followed Bjorn for some laps pushing him hard and we were making progress on the guys up front. Then just when I was going to see if I could get by this time without incident I went and put a wheel on the grass at T5 and spun. This put me down the order but I managed to get a couple of places back and finished 9th just behind bucko. (Thanks for the great racing Bjorn & sorry for the little tap)

Race 2, for some reason someone decided to create mahyem at T1 which put a few driver out of the mix. After getting though with out incident I found myself in a little train of Honda's, Bjorn in front followed by Bob M & then me. After a few laps Rhs tried to join the party but kept falling back at times. As Bob M tried to get by Bjorn & me looking to take any advantage this allowed Rhys to keep in touch. This carried on until the pitstops & I thought I would stay out a bit longer than Bjorn & Bob M to see if I could get ahead of either. 2 laps later I stopped & I also noticed Rhys had stopped aswell which led to us both fighting it out down to T1 which I won by having the inside. Meanwhile Bob M had got past Bjorn & I was now on the tail of Bjorn with Rhys in close attendance. This went of for a few laps with Bjorn defending his position but I just kept up the pressure. As Bjorn made a mistake I tried to capitalise on it but this just led to Rhys getting by me but I was able to get by Rhys before the end of the lap as he to made a bit of a mistake. I now made 1 last effort to chase down and pass Bjorn as the race was getting toward the end when this time it was him that went off at T5, just like me in race 1, and through I went. Ryhs had 1 last go at trying to get by me with a late braking manover into the final chicane but I was able to hold him off. I think I managed to bring it home 5th or 6th but can't remember now but what I do remember is I had a great morning racing with some top class racing dudes.

Thanks Mr B for bringing this back and for all the effort you have put in, grts to the podium and thanks to Bjorn, Bob M (Lesbos) & Rhys for making this a memorable sunday morning club event, grt racing all you guys with total respect for your fellow competitor. Hope to see ya all next week.

Remco,Michael was saying something about a test with Bram with that mod for more cars on a server than 25.

I saw his post, but he also mentioned it need heavy testing...
So, if we do some testing with it we are very time limited now, as the event will start within 2 weeks. As it need heavy testing we can almost be sure that there are bugs, and i hate bugs.... in either way :)
It is to short notice to my opinion and it would be a big big shame if the event crashes or whatever due to a bug with a mod that is not trust worthy.

Therefore we only race with the default content and possibities the game provides, in this way we can be sure the event will be a succes :)

Dave is loosely referring to the theory of the "friction circle" this is one of the most basic concepts you will ever need to understand the theory of going fast in a car and when you have exceeded the limits.

here's the friction circle. Prettyy easy concept to understand when yo use it visually.

Attachments

• friction-circle.jpg
    friction-circle.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 212
Remco heavy testing was maybe a bit over the line but yes it would realy need to be tested with the gridsize we intend to run
then. let say we would rise the grid to 33 +2 slots for broadcast and comentator we need to do a test with 35 ppl on the server
in all 3 sessions to be sure all work as it is ment to work a short 2 lap race would be enough for it to make sure there is no lag
coused by the mod and that the start lights will work
and even we only rise it to 26 so a comentator can joun this would have to be done, so yea maybe stick with 24 for now and lets do
the test befor the next enduro where everyone who sign up for has a mandatory show up at the test race

Please guys, that mod has been tested here before and I entered a number of events when using that mod a while back. And tbh it didn't seem all that stable. Ask Eric K about it...he organized an enduro event on road america if i'm not mistaken with that mod and the event got delayed because of numerous server troubles. In the end we ended up re-running it on another date without that mod.

yep Ivo i rembered we had trubble with the startlights but forgot the exact track. anyway if iam right STC runs a 64bit server too and there it works
atleast it worked the last 2 seasons this season seams a bit messed if its teh grid mod or the stc car mod is atm not clear so it is maybe worth to
do again a test for the next one

Yeah the start lights didnt work and cars didnt show up on track.
Dont know of the STC uses a 64 bit or RD does. But if i remember correctly the both use different ones. Thats why it works at the STC and not on RD.
I am more fan of a default grid. Because the Race Series is just made for modding things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back