RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was really glad for a long race!
My quali was poor so I exited the game to clear it and run from the rear end. When I tried to get back in, grid was full and couldn't enter. A quick chat with Dave got me it, whew! Nice clean start, got to watch the old Omer learn to fly! Most of the race was letting faster guys by. I bumped Linus off track, sorry, and waited. Drop outs moved me up. Watching Milke Bell was a riot, wobbling around on his worn out tires, lol!

Thanks RD, Dave!

Well I sucked big time tonight..............Stop n go Race 1, then eff up the pit menu entering to confirm and having that first damn stall.

R2 Get a great start but go wide T1 to avoid collisions.
Lap 2 I totally blow up the car! musta looked like a refinery fire out there! Maybe i'll cobble up a vid of the grenade going off as it should be pretty huge ball of fire.

Watched some really great racing on the monitor though and thats some consolation.............

C yall soon! and thanks for racing at the American Racing Club!

I was surprised I qualified 8th as I don't know how to go fast here. Even with Keith's setup for the 407. Not that I had any illusions of keeping up with the speedsters.
Evidently I don't know how to get off the line fast with this car, either. In both races, I had lost 4-6 spots by the second turn. It's only through other's misfortunes that I managed 10th and 13th respectively. I have to say, though, that there was some good side by sides going on. That's part of knowing who's besides you. That's the great part of this "brotherhood" of racers, being confident that, while we may rub door handles and trade bumper paint, we're going to race pretty clean. Hat's off to everyone out there for some great racing! :doublethumb:

During practice I saw that I was maybe 5 tenths down on the guys up front so that put me in the midfield which I was happy with as you get some good battles there.

For qualifying I decided to 'cheat' and just set my camber and tire pressures for maximum grip. Got blocked on a 1:34.9 but that open qualifying I guess so I settled for 7th with a 1:35.1.

Got a mediocre start and wasn't helped by the person in front getting an even worse start so I lost a couple of places initially but got them back by turn 5. I braked a little early to get a good run into the straight, a little too early as I got tapped and lost a place. Got tapped again by the same guy later round turn 8 but in both cases it was partly my fault, i.e. not giving enough room and braking early so no problem there. Pitstop was okay, but with a 4 tire preset, I lost out and ended up 9th. Was gunning for Stefan in 8th, but I kept cutting corners so I had to lift off everytime which ruining my progress. Someone dropped out though I think so 8th it was and pole for the next race :redface:

I was too busy drinking my lukewarm tea I made for R1 so I got a crummy start and didn't manage to block the BMW. Gave Stefan a touch round turn 2, pushing him wide a little bit (sorry) but I made up for it in the S-bend holding my line perfectly giving us both space to go through. Doing so let 4th overtake me but he then touched Stefan, spinning him into the wall and giving me 2nd with the pack breathing down my neck. Got a tap from someone into turn 5 which allowed Keith to get past at which point I was thinking to myself "Well you have cocked this one right up :rolleyes:" Wasn't too bothered because once again I held my line round the hairpin even though I could have eased him wide as he was going round the outside. I then get duffed by Ryan into 11 (tight hairpin) and lost places. He waited so all is good. Manage to catch up to the pack, with a few iffy moments but I then got hit again by Ryan into turn 3 (first of S bend) which spun me into the wall and into last place with my backend screwed. He waited again but my car was done for. Wouldn't brake or turn properly so that was it, last place and I had to take an extra pitstop. Was just a case of not getting a DNF.

I must be cursed, in the second race of every touring car event I have done, I have been duffed up resulting me being last and having broken suspension. But it is such a great track, some great battles to be had and it is nice to race in USA time. Get to compete against a totally different set of drivers with different skills and tactics. Look forward to racing with you all again soon :)

I'm truly sorry James - I couldn't believe it when I hit you again!! (although we were in some tight traffic). The first time I was just a little too aggressive on the brakes - braking normally instead of allowing for a speed difference - totally my fault - the second time there was some mitigating circumstances but I could have perhaps avoided that also. :(

Why not go to a simple yet fun little track for these cars? Yeah it's probably your first MINI track ever in a public server back in the day. But it will be waaaay more fun now with your friends from RD!

Why yes it will be at least DAMP for this race as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back