AC Mini and Alfa @ Donington 1938 - Wed 21 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just watched the replay, i can see you were re-living your youth Craig, baring accidents you
would have got a podium, i could not have done much about an overtake, all i could do was follow.
:thumbsup:
:):):)

Just watched the replay, i can see you were re-living your youth Craig, baring accidents you
would have got a podium, i could not have done much about an overtake, all i could do was follow.
:thumbsup:
:):):)

Thanks for those words Ernie, I regard you as a fast driver, so it makes me happy ...I love driving a car with "lift off oversteer" you basically steer your car with the gas pedal. The Ferrari in ACC gives you "lift off oversteer" hence why I also love that car (default setup) my accident happened because I came of the gas pedal for too long :(

Hi guys :)
I'm so envious, your posts are describing so much fun :D
Could anyone be kind and post a replay of the race? wetransfer.com link will be great :thumbsup:
See you all on Monday;)

Victor, sorry but I can not help you ...race one will be overwritten unless someone happened to save the media file before race 2 ..Sadly I only lasted for a short period in race 2 :(

Hi guys :)
I'm so envious, your posts are describing so much fun :D
Could anyone be kind and post a replay of the race? wetransfer.com link will be great :thumbsup:
See you all on Monday;)

My problem is that I am away from my PC for a few days, if you are still interested, by Sunday I can if possible get replay 2.
As I am a PC “numpty” cannot promise that I can manage that, will try wetransrer.com.
Some one else may step up and oblige by sending
you the replay.:)

John. if your PC boots, or you can get into the bios, it will not be your motherboard ...if it is? it is a fairly easy task to replace it ...just make sure you purchase a compatible board. If you are not into overclocking? you do not need anything special, should cost you around £80 ..if you need help? I can help you all way via private message.
Thanks for the kind offer Craig, I saw your post earlier but I was rushing trying to fix it.

Got a 60 quid motherboard, arrived this morning but has taken me all day to fit it:roflmao: My son has talked me through every step, at least x5 times over, by Skype, Messenger and carrier pigeon :laugh:

It'll do for now though I'm 2 usb2 ports short - new one replaced them with usb3 and can't get them to work, will have a look tomorrow.

Btw, when I took the old motherboard off, the board plug from power unit to CPU was burnt out... bit concerned something else might have caused that - unless I didn't fit it properly when replacing the CPU a few months back:whistling:

Once again, thanks for your offer of help buddy, really appreciated.

Can't believe how not being able to race hit me!:rolleyes:

My problem is that I am away from my PC for a few days, if you are still interested, by Sunday I can if possible get replay 2.
As I am a PC “numpty” cannot promise that I can manage that, will try wetransrer.com.
Some one else may step up and oblige by sending
you the replay.:)
Thank you :) But if it is too much trouble, don't worry.
I appreciate the intention.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind offer Craig, I saw your post earlier but I was rushing trying to fix it.

Got a 60 quid motherboard, arrived this morning but has taken me all day to fit it:roflmao: My son has talked me through every step, at least x5 times over, by Skype, Messenger and carrier pigeon :laugh:

It'll do for now though I'm 2 usb2 ports short - new one replaced them with usb3 and can't get them to work, will have a look tomorrow.

Btw, when I took the old motherboard off, the board plug from power unit to CPU was burnt out... bit concerned something else might have caused that - unless I didn't fit it properly when replacing the CPU a few months back:whistling:

Once again, thanks for your offer of help buddy, really appreciated.

Can't believe how not being able to race hit me!:rolleyes:

I pleased for you John and if you are not overclocking you really do not need a fancy motherboard ...happy that it all ended well for you :thumbsup:

board plug from power unit to CPU was burnt out.

I would assume the burning was from the PSU being inadequate, and that the heat at the PSU's connector blackened the MB connector...are you sure your PSU was not overclocked? this would of course generate more heat. It could also be that you are/where using cheap extensions...this could well be why your motherboard failed.

I would assume the burning was from the PSU being inadequate, and that the heat at the PSU's connector blackened the MB connector...are you sure your PSU was not overclocked? this would of course generate more heat. It could also be that you are/where using cheap extensions...this could well be why your motherboard failed.
Not overclocked Craig, the power supply is a Corsair 550 - dunno if that's any good. As for the extensions I have no idea:( I do have a spare power supply (replaced years ago, for a wrong reason) which is 700w, though I don't know the make, if you think it's best to have a higher W I'll swap them. Don't know if it's important, but the motherboard was 12 yrs old.

Not overclocked Craig, the power supply is a Corsair 550 - dunno if that's any good. As for the extensions I have no idea:( I do have a spare power supply (replaced years ago, for a wrong reason) which is 700w, though I don't know the make, if you think it's best to have a higher W I'll swap them. Don't know if it's important, but the motherboard was 12 yrs old.

The higher the better, but quality is also very important. You can work it out, your required wattage. Everything you add to your motherboard requires a certain wattage, a display card alone can demand between 110 and 270 watts from the power supply. There are sites online that will give you a good idea on what your are using currently. It is very wise to buy a good quality PSU, not something you should try and save money on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back