AC Mini and Alfa @ Donington 1938 - Wed 21 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
MINI.DONINGTON 1938.png

Yes we are back at Donington 1938, why so soon? because it is a superb track that we all loved, she also gave us all bags of fun, but this time round, we are all armed with more track knowledge. We will be driving something a little different, two superb "mod cars" both cars play very well together, each car has its - and + points, this will be a very interesting battle, with bags of FUN I am sure.

ADVANCED - INTERMEDIATE - BEGINNER - EVERYBODY IS VERY WELCOME TO JOIN

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on your forum profile. Painful I know, but it is the only way of knowing who you are (on the servers)

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Handy guide to setup teamspeak: click here
Handy guide to install non AC content: click here

Incident Reporting: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU PRACTICE CLASSIC #04
Race Server: Racedepartment.com EU RACE CLASSIC #05

Cars:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ V1.2 (Download) - See helpful notes on second page.
  • 64 Austin Mini Cooper S (Download)
Track: Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 1.0 (Download)
Layout:
N/A
Track Temps: 22c
Track Condition: Clear

Highly Recommended Apps For AC:

Schedule (EU): Wed 21 August 2019
Official practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:40 UTC (22 minutes)
Pee break: 20:02 (3 minutes)
Race 2: 20:05 (22 minutes) Reverse grid top five

azWC9xt.png

Entry List :
  1. [B][COLOR=#b30000]Denis Betty[/COLOR][/B] - TZ
  2. Ronnie Böhme - TZ/S
  3. Kek700 - S
  4. Allan Ramsbottom - TZ
  5. Stig Bidstrup - S/TZ
  6. JeroenH - S
  7. Raresch - S
  8. [COLOR=#b30000]Craig Dunkley[/COLOR] - S - Host
  9. Sasha Black - S
  10. Joe Cannarozzo - S
  11. Lucas Gerlach - TZ
  12. BP -TZ
  13. Murat Erdogdu - TZ
  14. HF2000 - TZ
  15. Ivan Vejarano - S
  16. Esdeath420 - S
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

PRACTICE SERVER IS ONLINE

UTP# 02 -CD

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ V1.2 - Helpful info:

When you download this mod you will be presented with two cars, the road version and the race version. One will not work without the other, so to make things simple for yourself, just install them both. (we are using the race version)

Or if you are feeling a little adventurous? and only want to instal the race version for this event, open the ui_car.json in the ui folder (notepad) and delete the line "Parent" then one will work without the other and means you only have to instal the race version

Just so you know those 2 cars are quite different pace. Maybe it will even out with such a long straight but my guess the Mini will still be too fast. Aphidgod is going to work on "historic version" physics which we will balance with the other 60's racers in that group (Fulvia, TZ, GTA & 718 RS60.) This Mini can do 59's IIRC at Monza Junior where the GTA, which is the fastest in the 60's group at that track can do about 1:01 flat and the other cars mid 1:01's.

Shame my premium has run out :redface: otherwise I would have joined the fun.

I do have an update coming soon™ which should bring a bunch of graphical improvements and some physics tweaks to bring it more in line with the GTA. Probably better to leave that until after this to prevent version mismatches for this race?

The old version is in line pace-wise. Obviously it varies from track to track. It is definitely one of the more difficult cars in the group though :)

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium

I do have an update coming soon™ which should bring a bunch of graphical improvements and some physics tweaks to bring it more in line with the GTA. Probably better to leave that until after this to prevent version mismatches for this race?
Do you have a Donate button some place Brian?

Here's some lap time data for old (current release) version TZ. Not proper hotlap times, I've gone a few tenths faster on RSR/SRS for some of these combos but all there or there abouts I think. TZ is probably the hardest car in the group so might be slightly misrepresented in these 5-10 lap comparison stints.

0e59e045f689f4bdecd800f92de8039e.jpg

Sorry for OT Craig, I'll stop now :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000