Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Mini 1275S (Download)
Track: Edmonton Airport (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (5 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (15 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Warren Dawes
  5. Peter Van Zanten
  6. Bob Hutchins
  7. Ross Garland
  8. Stuart Pocock
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Well, that was the most fun I've had in a while! It was also my best two results here on RD. In practice I was running 10th fastest and qualified 7th, but for the race I tried the setup Bob uploaded for Stuart. Given my lap times it clearly made a big difference. Cheers Bob!

Race 1, I got a good start and gained a couple of places. For the next few laps I had to defend against a feisty Senad while trying to remain as close as possible to Bob and Stuart in front. After a number of laps involving very close racing, I finally managed to pass Bob in the long right-hander before the last chicane. I was able to stay with Stuart but not able to make any significant attempts at passing. Senad and Bob were all over me too. Towards the end of the race Senad disappeared somewhere, freeing Bob up to devote his attention to me again. More close racing ensued all the way to the finish line, over which I was just a couple of metres ahead of him. I was 3rd, my first RD podium. :)

Race 2, and another good start got me from 5th to 3rd after T1. This time the fun and games were with Senad, with whom I was battling constantly for practically half the race. Eventually he fell back slightly into Neil's clutches, and their battle allowed me to put some distance between them and me. Concentrating on trying to catch the leaders, I managed to I gain on Roland and yet another fantastic battle ensued. Full credit Roland... you made your Mini VERY wide indeed! I came close to getting by on a number of occasions, but just couldn't quite pull it off. This went on all the way to the finish line where he finished just a couple of metres ahead of me. Another 3rd place which I was more than happy with. :)

These Minis are cracking little cars. I'm already looking forward to racing them again! Hopefully the replays have come out ok this time as I think both races could do with a video if I have time.

A very good night's racing for me. Some immense scraps with Dave (twice), Ross, Hutch, Neil and (I think) Senad.

I'm glad the Minis seem to have received universal thumbs up....and so is Hutch.

Keep your eyes peeled for further 1275S based developments, coming soon(ish).

but for the race I tried the setup Bob uploaded for Stuart. Given my lap times it clearly made a big difference. Cheers Bob!
It did indeed. My feistiness was because I thought I was a bit faster :D
Damn you Bob and your good willed and sharing nature!

I was using Warren's Mini setup, as usual, so thanks to him again.

Towards the end of the race Senad disappeared somewhere, freeing Bob up to devote his attention to me again.
Bob and yourself were side to side through that turn 2 chicane. I was coming up too fast behind, so had to brake more for the following right-hander. Braked too hard, locked, went off (who knew it was possible). Rejoined around Warren and David I think.

Ooh :eek:

Good racing night indeed! Found I could join last-minute, with only my tuesday nights 2 test laps under my belt.
Default setup felt quite OK, but I decided to try how well one of Warrens default-Mini setups would translate to these. And Whoa!, within a few laps I found myself among the best of practise laptimes! This works way better than I expected!! Come qualy I squeezed out even a quicker lap which actually got me on pole!!! :)

R1 start was good, held the lead and managed to slowly pull away while the guys behind kept each other occupied in some fun battles (I assume..). As these cars are easier to control compared to say, a Boss302, I managed to complete the race without errors and win! Albeit without real racing action as well.:rolleyes:

For Q2 some came better prepared than before, as I quickly found out. My Q2 lap was slower than before which still got me P3 behind Warren and Senad, who both expressed their concern about their starting capacities. My R2 start was great again, so I sneaked into the lead, this time followed closely by Bob, who at some points clearly was quicker. Somehow I could not match my R1 pace in this race, and it wasn't long or Bob found a way past. Tried to hang on, but soon Ross came knocking. He too found better speed than me in some parts of the track and I had to put up what may be my toughest fight in clubracing ever to keep him behind. Great stuff Ross, you sure came close a few times. Still I finish 2nd, and wíth plenty of racing action this time!:)

Grats to both podiums, especially Bob for R2 win, thanks to Stuart and RD for a fun event and to all others, especially Ross who made me work really hard:D Those video's would surely be worth watching I think! Sorry to hear about your misfortune Warren, but thank you for your Mini setups! And welcome StuartP, glad you enjoyed it, hope to cy around.

It'd be fun to have some Mini racing action from time to time, I just can't say (yet) if I like these better than the default or the 970 ones.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%