Milwaukee_Rex Mays_ GP_Custom_Circuit_personnalisé

Tracks Milwaukee_Rex Mays_ GP_Custom_Circuit_personnalisé 005

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi ForumulaET
I seem to be getting different lighting on the tracks with the 2 versions of GP. I am viewing this through VR headset. Seems with the normal direction GP, the lighting seems to turn on and off when I look at the bridge as I move my VR headset around, does it to other items also. Reverse direction doesnt do that- seems to look fine. I need to check that again tomorrow. Also in your picture of night lighting you show all the "lights on the poles" around the track lit up, but they are dark when I view them - the track is lit up. Need to check the extensions again if they are placed correctly. take care, Dave
It sounds like an fps problem.... I don't have these issues, but since the bridge is not a real object there, I will remake the lghts. Its a gruesome process.... since you are keen to the extension makeup, you may delete what appears to be bridge objects.
On the other hand there is probably too many light sources that are sucking up fpd. Light and their parameters have been quite an undertaking to tune, let alone what exactly they effect.
Trust I will simplify the lighting in the future.
I don't use VR, so that may be why I don't have that effect. I have seen the on and off symptom you spoke of when I had a ludicrous amount of lights on the track. But these versions don't show that problem.
Not sure if its how powerful our PC's are could be a possible reason.
VR may need more optimum fps to function so maybe that is showing the shrtcomings of the lights as of late.

Not sure if it is a fps problem. I have not dove into doing track lighting myself, other than getting tracks that have it. The bridge is fine far as fps for the track doing daytime racing - i have a pretty good computer and GPU. So not sure why I dont get the same lighting you do in your picture. I am sure you are running the latest SOL 1.3.1 and shaders patch. Anyway, thanks for your reply and you are doing a great job just for us to have these tracks. take care, Dave

Yes am running the latest SOL and shaders.. I was half awake when I first replied. Having re read ur message, so I understand... the reverse lights work fine, the GP they oscillate; on and off.
Yep it may be a design variance between the two. Not sure, but I am earnestly trying to use same layout for both layouts, however there is something awry.
I will get on this tonight and start investigating.
Glad to hear the Reverse works.
As you can understand, I have tested dozens of times while I modify. Something got missed, obviously.
Disregard FPS, irrelevant now that I understand the issue you've discovered.
Thanks for kind words! That's what keeps me going. Make no mistake, you have been essential to these mods... the feedback I get only helps me get in to the solution.
Complaints keep me in the problem; frustration.
Anyhoo, I will investigate. And if I find a solution I would like to get a rough cut in your hands, let you do a shakedown and if you concur, only then I will release it as an update, or part of more tweaks.
Thanks,Dave
ET

To add: the Reverse- was done more recently... hence the GP may have been neglected.
Ahhhh...now it hits me. The upcoming Clarksville update shares EXACT same files apart from eachother.LOL
You know...... a quick fix would be to take the Rex Reverse, clone it, re configure the direction, make AI's.......boom.
It'll take a little time in KS Editor as the object names that default, will be different than in the Reverse layout. As long as the lighting parameters are the same in each track lighting .ini, we should be good to go

This will also give me the opportunity to do 2 things
- combine all 3 layouts in one package for zip download, for consistency

- include 'AI Standard' and 'AI Super Lead' choice for each track in the zip file. That way you all can alternate between AI configurations.

Not sure, but there may be a way to select....... I could double up on the tracks so AI can change. Wonder if there is a way to preselect AI before loading the track....hmmmm

It looks light there is a definite difference between the lighting files. I have tuned Reverse more than the GP. I didn't transfer the newer numbers.
Give me a couple days and I will have an update, which will hopefully eliminate the problem plus both layouts' lighting should match after that.
Thanks again for keeping informed as I try to get these out quickly with excitement, that I may overlook something.

no problem. take your time with doing the changes. I dont think there is a way to select different AI with Assetto Corsa. All the tracks I have collected usually have one Fast_lane and one Pit_lane file per version of the track. I know Content Manager has allot of features, but not sure if it can do multiple AI within one AI folder. If it can, it would be news to me. hehe.

I dont know if you have plans to tackle any new tracks after you have these 3 great tracks you are currently doing far enough complete, but there is one Oval that no-one has done yet for Assetto Corsa which is the Gateway Motorsports Park (Oval) in Illinois which also held Indycar racing. Only game I have it in is the older Nascar 2003 game which is a 15-20 year old racing game.

take care,
Dave

no problem. take your time with doing the changes. I dont think there is a way to select different AI with Assetto Corsa. All the tracks I have collected usually have one Fast_lane and one Pit_lane file per version of the track. I know Content Manager has allot of features, but not sure if it can do multiple AI within one AI folder. If it can, it would be news to me. hehe.

I dont know if you have plans to tackle any new tracks after you have these 3 great tracks you are currently doing far enough complete, but there is one Oval that no-one has done yet for Assetto Corsa which is the Gateway Motorsports Park (Oval) in Illinois which also held Indycar racing. Only game I have it in is the older Nascar 2003 game which is a 15-20 year old racing game.

take care,
Dave
I kinda sorta remember that track. Near St. Lewey Missouri just over state line, I could be wrong.
That has a nice inner section.
I honestly have been working on a localized road course from where I live, Palm Baeach International, and wish to make Salem Speedway, which is another local track that ARCA races on.
No one has done Nazareth, PA. either, which is a surprise.
Since I am limited to my use of tools for 3D, I think its logical to prohect doing many tracks. I only use RTB. Which is scorned in this community, though I have no complaints. I am not anal about getting every rubber patch or grandstand exact.... As long as the track feels good.
Funny you mention Illinois.... I grew up in Hanover Park and Schaumberg until Dad moved us down to Louisville, Ky. I live just across from there, now, on the Indiana side of the Ohio River.
I also need to fix the pit box line on the Rex Reverse. If you sit long enough, there is a taper in the terrain, and the car eventually rolls into the garage... LOL
Gateway looks like an exceptional idea. I looked and I know I've played this on PS2.... Pro race Driver... me thinks... been awhile... but I always remember the different radius of the turns.
Santa Fe Speedway in Chicago, not buried by houses, was a dirt track we would go watch motor cycles at.
Ontario in California was an older Indy Car track worth resurrecting.
You mention video games.... I think I made the conscious decision to teach myself how to road race when F1ROC came out on Nintendo..... like, Man, I really need to know how to do this..... its been a serious hobby ever since. Hence the AI Super Lead mod..... I see the need for a moderate AI path, but to have my personal line in a given track seems to make sense. I don't care if it sweeps out to the boundary L and R lines, its more of a challenge. I got a suggestion by a member who said he liked the AI path and words to the effect of it is easy to get by them...…. well now they will have the option to load either or from the zip file. If I contain it within the zip, everyone can switch back easily by installing either folder via drag n drop into AC directory.

I will probably do the GP tracks Saturday when I have more energy. weekdays at night I am pretty spent from working during the day.
Thanks for the idea about Gateway, I think that is wise choice... I may dig up the PS2 to see more of that track on Pro Race Driver game LOLOLOL

Ok... install this. This is what I have for the GP.....way different than what is contained in the download. The pathway is assettocorsa / extension / config / tracks / loaded/ rex_mays_gp.ini

Replace the exisiting file with this one I sent... should be good to go.

Attachments

• rex_mays_gp.ini
    3.3 KB · Views: 104
In a sense it is an FPS problem...…… generated by too many light sources throughout. But the root cause is the file I included in the download is defunct. Error on my part for not double checking.
Sorry for that, and I think you will be most happy with new config for the lights....enjoy!

As always, clue me in to any issues. We can then manipulate the values in that file; tune the lights per say

Thanks for the info on what you are doing. Sounds Great. Giving you a link to a facebook group I found that are doing Nascar Oval Tracks(about 20 of them) and one of them is Nazareth. There are more Ovals to come that they are working on and are not there, Dover, Homestead, and Fontana California- not sure when available. Also not sure if they will ever do a Gateway.

You are filling in a Oval missing track which is now Milwaukee plus the GP track I didnt know about till you made your track version of it.

Here is the link to the facebook page below.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495/ this is my joined link
If that doesnt work for you look for "Assetto Corsa Nascar mod Facebook"
Joining group is free and the track downloads are free. Very good tracks, but just Ovals- 1 Watkins Glenn Road track.
The tracks are in their "Announcements" section . Not sue if you really have to join to get the tracks. I joined just to post messages or ask questions.

take care,
Dave

Thanks for the info on what you are doing. Sounds Great. Giving you a link to a facebook group I found that are doing Nascar Oval Tracks(about 20 of them) and one of them is Nazareth. There are more Ovals to come that they are working on and are not there, Dover, Homestead, and Fontana California- not sure when available. Also not sure if they will ever do a Gateway.

You are filling in a Oval missing track which is now Milwaukee plus the GP track I didnt know about till you made your track version of it.

Joining group is free and the track downloads are free. Very good tracks, but just Ovals- 1 Watkins Glenn Road track.
The tracks are in their "Announcements" section . Not sue if you really have to join to get the tracks. I joined just to post messages or ask questions.

take care,
Dave
When possible, keep me in the know on their projects, as I do not do facebook. Please let me know if that file helped the lights.
I will be trying to update all Milwaukee and Clarksville this weekend.

Tested your new config file you let me try. Looks awesome now, great job. All the light posts are lit up for me and can drive around the track without really needing headlights other than going into the pits. I like it now where the bridge is not lit up, just a black shadow of a bridge in the background. Buildings look great with your lighting. take care FormulaET.

Tested your new config file you let me try. Looks awesome now, great job. All the light posts are lit up for me and can drive around the track without really needing headlights other than going into the pits. I like it now where the bridge is not lit up, just a black shadow of a bridge in the background. Buildings look great with your lighting. take care FormulaET.
Yeah Coolbeans, it seems that was a test config.... I did heavy lights tuning for Reverse and didn't follow through replacing ini file for GP when coming to a close

AAARRGGHHH so this is the place where you can find all the ovals!
Locked and hidden in a Facebook group which you have to join.
I thought there must be more somewhere than the ones i have collected,
given the popularity of Assetto Corsa. But, oh boy, i fear these tracks are
out of reach for me, not because of the necessity to join a group but....well,
why Facebook, of all things? :cry:

Hi FormulaET,
Both versions of the GP track look great day and night-fun to drive the track. The only little cosmetic thing I see is Barcelona on a couple of objects, no big deal to me. Structures themselves look great. take care,
Dave

AAARRGGHHH so this is the place where you can find all the ovals!
Locked and hidden in a Facebook group which you have to join.
I thought there must be more somewhere than the ones i have collected,
given the popularity of Assetto Corsa. But, oh boy, i fear these tracks are
out of reach for me, not because of the necessity to join a group but....well,
why Facebook, of all things? :cry:
That is kind of what everybody does nowdays is create a facebook group and post their downloads there. Let me know if you want to try any of the Ovals and will give you a link to a track on my google drive. All are public tracks anyway, just located on a facebook group.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 328 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%