Milwaukee Mile_Rex Mays Classic 150

Tracks Milwaukee Mile_Rex Mays Classic 150 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

FormulaET

PAF SHREDD3R
FormulaET submitted a new resource:

Rex Mays Classic 150_MilwaukeeMile_BETA_ONLY_LOL - Milwaukee Mile, PAF SHREDD3R

Just a sample...WIP, do not enter pits... surfaces not matched

However....the oval is worth ripping on. Built with RTB/Google API terrain and height to get exact, or close to exact, track bumpiness where is was known for. Easy into to turn 1 or you may oversteer. Taken properly, well..... just enjoy this cool historic 1 miler.
Not expecting rave reviews, I just am so inspired I wanted to share what you all have helped me with.
Peace, regards
FormulaET; Eric​

Read more about this resource...

Any of you experienced modders, please give me some feedback. I still need to learn how to create my own 3D objects; billboards, grandstands, etc.... Also modifying the track color and areas for tire marks, Blue walls with fencing.... Still scratching the surface of track building.

Hey man, I played around with the newest version (.007) and observed a few issues. (Using CM, CSP, and Sol)
  • Cars spawn on top of each other in the pitlane when loading a race weekend
  • Cars go five and six wide at the start into turn one resulting in a large pileup (10 attempts at watching the AI start a race, 10 identical crashes)
  • I watched two cars clip through the outside wall between one and two before they both drove near the billboards
I'm really enjoying the track though, even to just run solo. Thank you for all your work! It's not going unappreciated here.

Yes I found the AI to be faulty as well. A common problem with new builds, I'm told. I will have to remake the AI lines, and spread the pit lane distance to see if that remedies the problem. This is the feedback I need.
Glad the track is enjoyable! That's the main thing that I took a lot of time ensuring a realistic response from the car when you drive on it.

I will look into the AI, and test a race weekend to ensure I corrected the problem.
Thanks for the feedback, that is.....appreciated.

Regards,
Eric

Nico,
I checked the track and yes AI is an older pathway, that's why cars stacked up. I will re do the AI lines, plus there are a few bumps I will smooth out in the pitlane and track.

Bare with me, its a learning process. A lot of time and know how is required.
Once I have time, I will correct the AI problem asap!
Thanks, again.
Tweaks to it will make it better overall.

FormulaET updated Rex Mays Classic 150_MilwaukeeMile with a new update entry:

AI Remedy

AI follows track boundaries now. Just fine during a race, in fact bitchin'... Still some to do about the cars stacking in the pit... reduce the number of opponents when you set up your lobby, this is just a quick fix. I will check back into it when time permits.
Probably something easy....LOL
Few cosmetic details refined.
More to come, however.​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Holy gosh guys, track not operable at the moment. Will have AI, surface, and cosmetic tweaks ready by this evening EST. Thanks y'all for your patience.
SHEDD3R

Many apolee logees!!! I discovered this morning as well.
I will jump right on it his afternoon and rectify. Excited.....AI acts proper, added a few cosmetic tweaks.
I was rushing before leaving for work and promoted a file error.
Thanks for your paticience!!! Plus your feedback.
New update later today.

regards,

Eric

"Track not found" Assetto Corsa
To add an anecdote..... I raced the AI last night. I oversteered in the first corner, didn't spin completely, and was confident to get back with the pack.
I found myself driving my a** off to catch up..... it took 10 laps.

Set AI between 90 - 100% and you will have a fight on your hands.
Was using the VRC 2018 Indy Car road kit

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing