Milwaukee Mile_Rex Mays Classic 150

Tracks Milwaukee Mile_Rex Mays Classic 150 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I Really like what you have done so far with the Oval track. Sometime you may want to look at your pit road section and re-name those track surfaces "Pit" names so that the pitting/servicing features work ok. There is a SURFACES file that goes in the DATA folder that characterizes the different track, grass, kerbs, etc I added one just to get a little more grip on the main track. In the Surfaces file there is a KEY category called PIT or PITS, that allows bringing up my highlighted pit stall and sets a limiter speed going down pit lane. Right now all your track surfaces and pit surfaces I think are called ROAD, Your Bridge is a great graphic by the track, real life track doesnt have a bridge that close, But I like the Bridge - it adds to the track. I have gone to that track to watch the Indy races in the past many times. Keep up the great work. I have done a few Indy car races on your track with my added SURFACES file, and the track is fun to drive and race on. take care.

Dave, this is exactly the feedback I need. the software I use doesn't generate those folders, I have to do it manually. So much, so much to know when building....I know it isn't dead-nuts on a lot of the objects, the track is dead on. I will PM you, so I can get more detail. It's hard to get detailed help.... I appreciate you offering this information.
ET

You are getting there slow but sure on your track. You have the main pit road classified as PITS and working but you also need to classify the surface area where the cars pit stalls are also PITS for the Pitting Feature to fully work. If I come into the pits the car reduces speed which is great, I see the pit stall I need to go to, but when I enter my pit stall the red highlighted boundries disappear-they should still stay visible. I hope you understand what I am saying..

Just one other thing I have noticed while doing RACE mode with my VRC F1 indycar mod with 15 AI cars, Your fast line.ai and Left Side line are very tight to the inside walls and small grass sections on the track. The AI are not as smart as us humans and had several incidents mainly in turns 1 and 2 of the track every time I ran a RACE. I created a new fast lane and left side line and brought them out farther on the track to give the AI some breathing room. Even though I brought the fast lane.ai out some, they still will come close to the inside walls when bunched up. I get a few incidents once and a while, but not as bad as before. Kind of a experimentation when doing AI racing. take care.

You are getting there slow but sure on your track. You have the main pit road classified as PITS and working but you also need to classify the surface area where the cars pit stalls are also PITS for the Pitting Feature to fully work. If I come into the pits the car reduces speed which is great, I see the pit stall I need to go to, but when I enter my pit stall the red highlighted boundries disappear-they should still stay visible. I hope you understand what I am saying..
Yeeeessss…..….. I added the separate track for pitboxes, to make pit area larger, and I don't think I named it in KS Editor...ah ha!!!! Thanks for this, I was wondering why the full feature didn't work.

Just one other thing I have noticed while doing RACE mode with my VRC F1 indycar mod with 15 AI cars, Your fast line.ai and Left Side line are very tight to the inside walls and small grass sections on the track. The AI are not as smart as us humans and had several incidents mainly in turns 1 and 2 of the track every time I ran a RACE. I created a new fast lane and left side line and brought them out farther on the track to give the AI some breathing room. Even though I brought the fast lane.ai out some, they still will come close to the inside walls when bunched up. I get a few incidents once and a while, but not as bad as before. Kind of a experimentation when doing AI racing. take care.[/Q
I'm glad you were able to tailor it to your liking, though I will check all AI lines. I thought I made the left-side right on the border of the grass line. I do however like my fast lane, which is the line I take which is as close to the apex as I like..…. when the AI take this path, it gives me more of a challenge. I usually never run the AI personally, so your fine tuning input is much appreciated when considering the AI aren't as aware as real drivers.

Yeeeessss…..….. I added the separate track for pitboxes, to make pit area larger, and I don't think I named it in KS Editor...ah ha!!!! Thanks for this, I was wondering why the full feature didn't work.
Excellent! I was able to name the PIT box section and now it's fully functional. Thanks for the tip!!!! I have tweaked the surface appearance, moved the pit garage deeper inside the track, added guiardrail, tailored the terrain height for flatter surface. now the laborious duty of creating new KN5 files for both tracks. Now it will be fully functional for online server lobbies. I will leave all AI lines as is, personal choice, as my target is for optimizing the mod for online multiplayer.
Thanks again!!!!

Thats Great FormulaET you have the pits working now, Look forward to next update of track. I also tried your GP track also and is very good. I had to look online to see if this was a real track and it is. I went to Milwaukee races before they put these GP track sections in. I do notice for the AI people for offline racing, turn 1 always causes incidents with the AI cars cause of the race lines you have given them. No big deal. There are ways to fix that. The rest of the GP track the AI do very good. take care.

Thats Great FormulaET you have the pits working now, Look forward to next update of track. I also tried your GP track also and is very good. I had to look online to see if this was a real track and it is. I went to Milwaukee races before they put these GP track sections in. I do notice for the AI people for offline racing, turn 1 always causes incidents with the AI cars cause of the race lines you have given them. No big deal. There are ways to fix that. The rest of the GP track the AI do very good. take care.
Honestly, I just assumed there was a road course by looking at overhead picture. Not sure if they use most of the oval like I incorporated. I was thinking giving it an Indianapolis GP type layout. It turned out pretty cool I think.
The AI line could be wider at the sharp right hander, but again, I mainly want to target for online multiplayer.
Glad you like it at any rate!! Motivation for me to keep refining it.
I published it so soon, not only to get help building it, I was inspired and excited to share it with others. I love this layout using top notch F1 cars. The 'flow' of it, has moments of great satisfaction, if taken properly. Though it is small, collectively it has all varied corner speeds that in my view, make up an enjoyable 'road race' experience.

All of this interest in open wheelers was spawned from me because of my exposure to it through my Dad... I was only 7, but cried when Swede Savage died later from injuries at Indy. My Dad finally brought me to Milwaukee 1975 race when I think Mike Mosley won.
I gravitated to F1 totally when I read Jacques was testing for Williams back in '94-95'.
Met Danny Sullivan's Mom earlier when I worked as a cable tv tech.... he is from St Mathews in Louisville, Ky.

Great - looking good, Thanks for the working pits now. I know you are designing the track more for online operation. People will have to play around with the AI part. It varies from car to car physics how they handle the corners on this track. This is the same for any track. Keep up the great work on The Milwaukee Mile.

Last edited:
FormulaET - On the pitting for WEEKEND mode with AI cars, your pit lane.ai line has to start on the fast lane.ai go through the pits like you did, but must join back up with the Fast Lane.ai line after leaving the pits. If you dont join lines, the AI cars will never leave the pits. I found that out the hard way. hehe. take care.

FormulaET - On the pitting for WEEKEND mode with AI cars, your pit lane.ai line has to start on the fast lane.ai go through the pits like you did, but must join back up with the Fast Lane.ai line after leaving the pits. If you dont join lines, the AI cars will never leave the pits. I found that out the hard way. hehe. take care.
copy-that, thanks.

Thanks Dave, got the wisdom on AI functioning. Added small update for oval track this morning. Just uploaded the GP circuit with proper AI...… many thanks. You've been a big help for me.

Love your track. Downloaded almost every version of it, it's getting
better and better. Already one of the better ovals for AC (i own nearly
all of them). I have a blast with my beloved NASCAR 1971 mod, the AI
is fine enough (on 100%), not perfect but hey it's AC;). Only weak
point in my opinion is still the stubborn refusal of the AI to leave the pits
in weekend mode but judging by the comments above maybe the next
update is going to fix that. Nice that someone with actual knowledge is
helping you. When this is sorted out your track clearly deserves 5 stars
without any doubt. Good work:thumbsup:

Thanks for the praise!! I know how a track should feel, and have made extra effort to depict this track.
I like that it's not banked, but yet increased the grip of the track to serve as a happy compromise due to it's near flat surface.

I did upload an AI Remedy yesterday morning, which should fix the AI leaving the pits. I got feedback from some other members and have done my best to rectify the problem. Here is the link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-remedy-for-milwaukeemile.28384/

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
ET

Love your track. Downloaded almost every version of it, it's getting
better and better. Already one of the better ovals for AC (i own nearly
all of them). I have a blast with my beloved NASCAR 1971 mod, the AI
is fine enough (on 100%), not perfect but hey it's AC;). Only weak
point in my opinion is still the stubborn refusal of the AI to leave the pits
in weekend mode but judging by the comments above maybe the next
update is going to fix that. Nice that someone with actual knowledge is
helping you. When this is sorted out your track clearly deserves 5 stars
without any doubt. Good work:thumbsup:
see my response above...LOL

Latest News