I'm going to defend Milestone, I have the proper Sims i.e (AC, Automobilista and Rfactor2) to race with but when I just want a bit of fun I will play a Milestone game like MXGP 2 or WRC 6. Why do all racing games have to be taken so seriously. Plus the new game sounds like it will be alot of fun too, so I personally am looking forward to this game.

Yes thanks. Tried it, find it very difficult but more importantly it doesn't offer me enough content (tracks, bikes, visuals, AI) to keep practicing...

Wouldn't mind his physics in Milestone's environment, for sure.
The lack of content is partially alleviated by the mods, but I assume you tried the mods too.

Yes, would be nice to give GPB a better graphics engine. Usually, I don't care much about that aspect, but Piboso's sims look very dated.

I'm going to defend Milestone, I have the proper Sims i.e (AC, Automobilista and Rfactor2) to race with but when I just want a bit of fun I will play a Milestone game like MXGP 2 or WRC 6. Why do all racing games have to be taken so seriously. Plus the new game sounds like it will be alot of fun too, so I personally am looking forward to this game.

I can relate to your opinion bengoldring - but problem with Milestone is not that the games are arcadish - I have NO problem with that. The problem is that they spit out game after game - and never fix the problems with them. They could make GREAT games, so much potential, but they just don´t deliver the final touch to make them really good.

I love offroad games, but we have a little too many being released as of late. Project Cars 2, Dirt 4, of course the WRC games. The focus on offroading is great, but we still want the classics back such as the BTCC. This looks like a good game, but I personally won't buy it until someone brings back something so many people have asked for over the years. Bring back the classics. Milestone's career modes are my favourite, and if they implimented this into the BTCC category, instead of yet ANOTHER offroading game, I would walk hand in hand with them through development. Until then, bye bye Milestone.

Silly name... I'll launch a game called Rocks...
Just do it.
I'm quite deep into my own project, not in state yet for Steam Greenlight but still pretty far, I think I'll name it... *loud drums in background* TARMAC(TM).
Tbh, that's not final title, having some second thoughts... *drums, again* GRASS(also TMarked) is my second option.:cautious: Whaddaya say? :geek::rolleyes::laugh:

Sad joking aside, I would really love to see some big developer clinging on to this ...type of game, you know... real off road games. To make it as good as those "regular ones" like Assetto, AMS, rF2, F1 2016 and Dirt Rally we have already are. Milestone, although sweet and nice company, is not that level, sadly.

I would also vote for a Dakar rally type of sim. What great fun it would be to be able to drive through South America (never getting close to Dakar though...) facing all the challenges they do in real life.

They could even make it a game split in three parts - so you could buy the car-version, the Truck version an the Motorcycle version of Dakar...

I would buy all three parts myself... Darn what fun it would be.

I love offroad games, but we have a little too many being released as of late. Project Cars 2, Dirt 4, of course the WRC games. The focus on offroading is great, but we still want the classics back such as the BTCC. This looks like a good game, but I personally won't buy it until someone brings back something so many people have asked for over the years. Bring back the classics. Milestone's career modes are my favourite, and if they implimented this into the BTCC category, instead of yet ANOTHER offroading game, I would walk hand in hand with them through development. Until then, bye bye Milestone.
Rallying is not off-roading.

It's that genre off games, which is what my point was about. I mean an open world game like this seems great, but track racing hasn't been a focus for many companies as of late.
There is not a single decent rally simulation out there, let alone an off-roading one, so I'm not sure how can you be saying that developers are only focusing on these things.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back