Mika Häkkinen

I watched Finnish documentary about Mika's way to twice world champion. I have watch many times Michael Schumacher and Mika's fights on tracks. Michael has said Mika was the best opponent for him. Mika's DTM seasons were nice to watch also. I think this first namesake for me "Flying Finn" needs own thread.

Interesting thing that you started this thread now. I was watching the 1993-1995 seasons recently, and I was never aware that he used to be so shocking at being lapped. Whenever a leader tried to lap him, you could almost guarantee a full lap behind the Finn.

Perhaps I never knew it because I only remembered his races where he almost lapped everybody else. He was just immense when he was on it...

+infinity for this thread! :) :) :) :) :)

I am still speculating on which team to like more: Mercedes or McLaren.

I became a Silver Arrows fan after Hamilton left McLaren.

I base my team loyalty on Hakkinen's ties.

I even have my router's password based off of him.

What was so great was in 2001, a couple of weeks after 9/11, he made me very happy when he won his last race at the U.S. Grand Prix. :) :) :) :)

Anyway, Mika Hakkinen is a spokesman for Mercedes, yet, he associates with McLaren.

I don't know whether to like one or the other or like 'em both. I went over this on a thread in the past, but, I didn't clarify further till now.

EDIT - Sadly, I didn't get to watch him in DTM. :( :( :( :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back