Might have found something

Hello there!

I'm really curious about this.

So, last night I was turning in some laps on nordschleife tourist online with a car that I'm used to.

I always have all assists turned off. So I made 3 laps and to my surprise I was 4 seconds better than my previous best, on all laps. And they didnt feel like especially fast laps, although consistent.

After that I entered another server cause this one was almost no people in it. I felt the car really lacked grip and wondered why, checked around in the pits and saw it was set for 97 % grip. It really made me noticably slower.
So I went out to find a 100 % grip server. Found one and I was back to my best previous time, that I had before that day.

So I really came to wonder where did those 4 extra seconds on the first server come from? I tried replicating it with different track settings and stuff offline hotlapping. I'm consistently 4 seconds slower than on that server.

What can it be?

I thought of that too, but I'm not faster with higher ambient temp offline.

Another possibility could be that the server used very long sessions and green track setting, and that the rubbered in track exceeded the optimum grip levels. But I dont have the time to try this.

I've posted and asked the devs on assettocorsa.net about this too.

Not actually answering your question, but admiring this sim.

When you actually think and ask yourself "what, why and how happened this and that", even if you're improving (not knowing why or how you did), is when you realise how far Kunos is reaching to deliver a Mr. Race Sim.

*fanboy mode off*

Now, on the topic: I'm with the weather thing, maybe is tweakable in server config (don't know really).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%