Tracks Mid Ohio with chicane [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very heavy on performance. I get nearly double my usual CPU load around the whole track, and the frame rate drops significantly (10-15 fps) towards the end of the pit area and on most of the back section.

Edit: Did some testing. The original track have the same problem in the same spots. I do find it more prominent in this version though. Just to be sure, I double checked that it isn't the dreaded "false fullscreen" bug that's at play and got the same results. CPU loads are consistently higher than normal, spiking in some places. Fps drops range from an average around the track (beginning at turn 2) to a massive 30-35 around turns 5, 11 and 12.
This could be related to reverb effects as those latter turns are all close to bridges or walls but I didn't notice any spikes of FMOD usage so I can't say for sure.

Last edited:
I still have the old Mid-Ohio, which I had downloaded on RD some time ago.
It had been deleted cos it was an illegal conversion, it seems. (this time, you do have the authorization, right?)
The textures were very low definition but I liked the colors and shaders more.
Could you try to make the track a tiny bit lighter and the colors a bit more saturated like this? =>
Screenshot_ks_praga_r1_midohio_23-3-117-13-58-47b.jpg

Other than this, I agree with people saying that it's very bumpy.
I tried a lap with the Praga R1, and it was very hard to keep it on the road. lol
The original was the same though.
No problems with performance on my side.

This is such a nice surprise. A beautiful circuit, so realistic, even more so than some of the AC tracks.

Seems mad bumpy but that may be the case. A joy to throw the URD Indy cars around this.

10/10

The textures were very low definition but I liked the colors and shaders more.
Could you try to make the track a tiny bit lighter and the colors a bit more saturated like this?.

The best thing about it is it's natural tones and saturation. It doesn't need to be made look like a Reiza track, it is perfect as is.

The best thing about it is it's natural tones and saturation. It doesn't need to be made look like a Reiza track, it is perfect as is.
... Reiza tracks are great.:confused:
Also, here's a picture of mid-ohio in real life :
MidOhio06-McNishGara-674.jpg

I'll never understand people who think that desaturated colors and low contrast = realistic...
It's like these kids who work on Sweetfx settings for games and they call it "real-life filter!!!" while it just lowers the light and colors...

... Reiza tracks are great.:confused:
Also, here's a picture of mid-ohio in real life :
MidOhio06-McNishGara-674.jpg

I'll never understand people who think that desaturated colors and low contrast = realistic...
It's like these kids who work on Sweetfx settings for games and they call it "real-life filter!!!" while it just lowers the light and colors...
That pic looks a little oversaturated to me tbh

"road phisycs ok" :|
bumps feel so repetitive/lacking randomness and too exaggerated as pointed out already

also:

INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] DIRT_ADDITIVE STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] IS_VALID_TRACK STILL USING OLD VALUE: 1
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] BLACK_FLAG_TIME STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] SIN_HEIGHT STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] SIN_LENGTH STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] IS_PITLANE STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] VIBRATION_GAIN STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0.1
INIReader: content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini > ERROR: MULTIPLE KEY FOUND IN FILE content/tracks/midohioch/data/surfaces.ini [SURFACE_0] VIBRATION_LENGTH STILL USING OLD VALUE: 0

Last edited:
Awesome conversion, despite other users i like a lot the bumps, driving with the 787b the car bounces all the place and seem to collapse in pieces!
Please, convert all the amazing stuff from VLM team, Fuji Historic will be a must!

Have you converted all textures to dds? I´m running with my pretty low-tech "machine" just over 24 fps, where as I get up to 50 with Kunos tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back