Mid Ohio shortcutting

Good you advertised it. Just had a GTR 2 class race recently with one guy (a Gamepad/Keyboard user OF COURSE) who consequently crossed the pitlane exit each lap. Only this made him able to hold his 2nd position, cause he was not that good at all. No one else did it or even felt seduced to try it...
This is what upsets me most: The sheer ignorance, selfishness,total lack of sportsmenship, fairness and the resulting pathetic social skills of these kinda people....
Its not the first time watching this kinda *fill with a word you like for them* online
I watched another one of these "artists" (watching replay/obviously gamepad/keyboard user) online at WTCC Zandvoort. He absolutely had no regard for any other driver out there, had to fight hard to hold his line, while kicking everyone off who came in his way...(many, many years ago I was using a joystick so I know how it is but thats no reason at all to wreck others) ....

I really, really urge Sector 3 to take measurements to seperate noobs, beginners, wreckers, gamepad/keyboard idiots (who resist learning to drive in a decent fair way) from those who want serious, fair racing that results in fun for everyone.
Accidents can always happen but thats not the point....

Cheers

I really, really urge Sector 3 to take measurements to seperate noobs, beginners, wreckers, gamepad/keyboard idiots (who resist learning to drive in a decent fair way) from those who want serious, fair racing that results in fun for everyone.
Accidents can always happen but thats not the point....

Cheers
I'm sure it's not only pad and keyboard users that behaves bad on the track.
And not all pad users are bad drivers..
But this behavior should get them penalised!

I don`t want to generalize but during my observations I often saw that typical nervous steering of the frontwheels combined with hectical maneuvres due to a lack of decent driving skills ;)

The guy at Zandvoort was heavily lagging too (by all means!)

I have nothing against gamepad-or keyboard drivers in general - as long as they exactly know what they're doing. (An old friend of mine is unbelievably good at driving with keyboard)
And of course everybody can have a bad day causing a collision..

But you're right, there are still a lot of over-ambitioned wheel-drivers around trying to win a 20min race at first turn...and should know it better, actually. .

Btw. : I personally wasn`t much concerned by these drivers...I always observe my opponents anticipating what comes next..staying out of trouble...got lucky so far.
Nevertheless it bothers me to watch a brilliant online race with good drivers and a lot of action, heavily disturbed or even completely destroyed by a bunch of mindless idiots.

This must end (with dedicated servers at last)...

Last edited:
Cory, ask for licence and wait (I hope not too long) for dedicated servers and club races here on RD, as I am waiting :). Public servers are, sadly, not a place for any kind of serious racing.

I`ll do, depends on my time schedule...had a bad accident last year which resulted in having a lot of free time (to drive RRE) during convalescence...:)

Normally, I can take the "wrecker-issue" with humor mostly `cause on the other side the ignorance of some can cause hillarious situations...I`ve seen start accidents that are actually impossible to create - I thought up to this day :D :D...true artwork :)...or one driver urges all others to keep cool at T 1 via chat which automatically seems to result in a double-chaos promptly...things like that...

Last edited:
one information for you guy's in the nationwide series that race at Mid-Ohio using the pitlane at T1 is allowed if you look at the video around 25 minutes into it you will see drivers taking the pitlane at T1 and i can assure you that they don't received a penality for doing it as i watched the race. so my guess is that they have copied that rule so thats why there is no penality when cutting T1.

Thx.....its just good to know that BEFORE starting a race (and the guy I mentioned is dismissed because he believed it to be the normal racing line)....but as Peter reported it to S3 it might not been meant that way.

I totally agree regarding the sportmenship but imho it's allowed to cross the white line at the pit exit when coming from the fast lane. The pit exit line is intended to prevent that cars exiting the pits go directly onto the fast lane. In general a white line is still part of the track while kerbs are not and you are allowed to cross these track limits as long as your car not fully crosses these edges. Please correct me if iam wrong.

I totally agree regarding the sportmenship but imho it's allowed to cross the white line at the pit exit when coming from the fast lane. The pit exit line is intended to prevent that cars exiting the pits go directly onto the fast lane. In general a white line is still part of the track while kerbs are not and you are allowed to cross these track limits as long as your car not fully crosses these edges. Please correct me if iam wrong.

Depends on the track and/or the sanctioning series, some allow more track cutting than others. I've been to Mid-Ohio several times and I've seen some series allowed to cut across pit lane and others that weren't allowed to.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%