MID-OHIO race, final decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it seems there are teams that are not satisfied with the points distribution for this race, I will follow what we use to do with WAR and ask TS about it.

Hope you decide in name of fairness and not in name of your own team interests.

The options are this, as organization we don't have the schedule to repeat this race, specially when it run for around the 60% of the distance.

Thanks.

Half points is always the way to go, we need to treat this incident like a "Red Flag" situation like in Moto GP or Formula One. The final result goes back one lap to the lap before the incident (in our case, the server lag) and the race in given half points. It's not ideal, but it's the fairest thing to do.

Is it possible to show what positions everyone was in when points will be rewarded? I know it will be hard for some teams not to vote for points when they was in very good positions, but with no option to re-schedule the race for another date, then I don't think many of us will want to vote no points no race, even though for us that would be a bad thing, but I guess it would be still be better then no points.

Is it possible to show what positions everyone was in when points will be rewarded? I know it will be hard for some teams not to vote for points when they was in very good positions, but with no option to re-schedule the race for another date, then I don't think many of us will want to vote no points no race, even though for us that would be a bad thing, but I guess it would be still be better then no points.

It will take a lot of time to determine positions, so I will do it only if necessary.

Again, decision shouldn't be taking depending on how many points do you get, but on what do you think is the best decision thinking global.

I think the easiest opion is to do half points.

This was a track that was going to help the smaller less powerfull tracks (help us get alot of points, which wont happen now)
So i would like to do a re run, but it's not an option.

In my view it isn't just the server crash we should be thinking about here. It seems to me that the whole race was compromised, many people loosing positions from lag incidents, people retiring because of it. Awarding any points just doesn't seem like the right thing to do, as far as im concerned too much of it was down to a lottery of how lucky drivers had been with lag. Personally speaking I think the best thing to do is scrap the race and move on to the next one.

Then the issue will be is the same thing going to happen again? Its getting to the point of damage limitation, whats the backup plan? Try changing server - what if thats not the problem? I don't like to say it but knowing these problems are occuring and then trying to race again next week with a live broadcast and drivers ready to race, for it then to go wrong again I feel is damaging for STC. I don't know if there is an alternative solution, but perhaps a discussion on how to move forward from here?

Then the issue will be is the same thing going to happen again? Its getting to the point of damage limitation, whats the backup plan? Try changing server - what if thats not the problem? I don't like to say it but knowing these problems are occuring and then trying to race again next week with a live broadcast and drivers ready to race, for it then to go wrong again I feel is damaging for STC. I don't know if there is an alternative solution, but perhaps a discussion on how to move forward from here?

There is a B plan.

We will totally change server (machine) for next race, running in another machine with a clean install. If that doesn't work, we will change provider. I will also try to have a backup server ready to go next week.

Cya!

There doesn't excist a system to give fair points.
Guys going on a 2 stop strategy with soft tyers will profit if point are given before their pitstop, those going on hards with 1 stop will have a disadvantage, they start to profit near the end of the stint/race.
Guys droping out because of the lag won't be happy, those they didn't made up places because of it.
So in the end you will get happy and unhappy people. But it will never be fair.

I have asked this before, is this a dedicated server ? Are you sure nobody else is using it at the same time ? For instance it could be there is a FPS game going on at the same time on the same server. If it isn't dedicated, TGH has no control what about how active the server is thurday evening.
It could prefectly be that the server runs fine every other day of the week.
The flatout TGH server is not dedicated, we never had issues, but then again we don't have this kind of grid.

maybe a bit late now but with the closed qualifying lag does not come into it so if this happens in the future then maybe half points should be based on the qualifying positions, it puts extra importance on that one lap and would mean for those that practiced hard for any event would at least have something to show for it.

In order that Gaetan lost his position at the start of the formation lap (hope it's caused by a lag) by a contact from the rear. His race was ruined directly at the start, for this reason he made a early pit stop, who penalyse him a lot after 20 lap standing. So we want to drop the result and the race.

I agree with Mike, since the start the race was conditioned by lag / differents stategy / luchy if the lags accourred when far from other cars.
I think it is the best to scrap this the race.

Ahh that's hard luck for us, we were certs for a 1-2 (screw you STC :D) but I suppose it is fair, with Ben dropping out due to lag and others colliding with lag, will the race be re-scheduled or will we just race 9 rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back