Mid-Field Raceway (Gran Turismo)

Tracks Mid-Field Raceway (Gran Turismo) 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Psy185 submitted a new resource:

Mid-Field Raceway (Gran Turismo) - A classic GT track made for Assetto Corsa

I recreated one of my favorite tracks from the Gran Turismo series. Although I have the best memories of it from GT2, I tried building it the way it is in GT6 for a more modern look.

View attachment 451561

Recently I learned using Blender a bit and I decided to finally start this project. It's a lot of work and I would rather take my time and never finish it, than rushing it and get it wrong. So for now don't expect a polished track, but it's already pretty fun in my opinion...

Read more about this resource...

This is a very nicely done track. Thank you for making this and sharing it with us. It's a great contribution to make AC even better.

My feedback would be that the grass is far too green, and bright green at that, it seems a bit cartoonish. As there's quite a bit of grass around it brings down the quality of the track somewhat which is a pity. I tried with and without Grass FX in CSP.

Lovely job! That RTB 'Phileas Fogg' cartoon balloon needs shooting down though. Feel free to grab these GT-themed ones if you want. Or not! :)

Last edited:
My feedback would be that the grass is far too green, and bright green at that, it seems a bit cartoonish.

Thanks for the feedback! Would you mind taking a screenshot? Sometimes it looks different on different systems, depending on the settings. What was worse, with or without Grass FX? Or was it the same?

Edit: after having a critical look at my video, I agree... :D or does it look different on your side, compared to my video?

Lovely job! That RTB 'Phileas Fogg' cartoon balloon needs shooting down though. Feel free to grab these GT-themed ones if you want. Or not!

Haha, I didn't even remember it was there :D I guess it's the last relict of the rFactor conversion I originally started with, before starting over from scratch. Well okay, plus some of the spectators in the grand stands as well :)

I will definitely add those to the track as they are matching perfectly! Have you got anything else? For example I tried adding some low poly cars to the parking lot next to the pits, but they were all crappy :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! Would you mind taking a screenshot? Sometimes it looks different on different systems, depending on the settings. What was worse, with or without Grass FX? Or was it the same?

Edit: after having a critical look at my video, I agree... :D or does it look different on your side, compared to my video?

Haha, I didn't even remember it was there :D I guess it's the last relict of the rFactor conversion I originally started with, before starting over from scratch. Well okay, plus some of the spectators in the grand stands as well :)

I will definitely add those to the track as they are matching perfectly! Have you got anything else? For example I tried adding some low poly cars to the parking lot next to the pits, but they were all crappy :D
Try this for the grass texture:

If you want I can look at adding some patrolling choppers, balloons, blimp, distant planes as the track develops and you refine things. Drop me a PM nearer the time.

Last edited:

On my side, your video looks an even brighter green than it is in-game.

Edit: it was really bright green with and without Grass fx

Last edited:
Try this for the grass texture:

If you want I can look at adding some patrolling choppers, balloons, blimp, distant planes as the track develops and you refine things. Drop me a PM nearer the time.

Thanks, I will try that within the next week, as I will be pretty busy the next days.

On my side, your video looks an even brighter green than it is in-game.

I will try to optimize it for the next version :)

This track mod is fabulous in my opinion, even though previous posters have mentioned the 'cartoony' look of the track
I think it adds to the charm of the mod .
The trees in particular are outstanding and also the draw distance is great too.
It runs very well on my system so shows great optimization.
Looking forward to any more mods you produce
Fantastic !

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%