F1 2013 Microsoft xbox 360 wheel

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anyone else had a problem with the xbox wheel. When I turn the wheel past a certain point it goes all loose and the car understeers.
I have yet to use my wheel on this game because i am unfortunatly in Canada where it has been delayed, but it sounds to me like maybe your steering wheel lock has broken? Can you rotate your wheel more than 290 degrees? The FFB will stop after a certain point and will make driving very difficult as you won't know when the steering limit is.
I have a wheel that does this, i have not tried to fix it yet as i have 3 spare wheels.
These wheels aren't the best, but they are more durable than many others at the same price point.

Fact is, lots of people can't afford $300+++ for a wheel. These wheels are good and can still be found used in good condition for as little as $30-$40

Last edited:
You can buy top quality wheels for a whole lot less than 300 dollars. Some good deals on Ebay, Amazon and hopefully soon here at RD as well.

There is really no need to kill the racing immersion with a crap wheel even if you have a small budget to spent.

Nothing wrong with the Microsoft Official wheel and it in no way kills the immersion, far from it. I have heard and read of so many problems from owners of wheels like the CSR that have really put me off laying out the money they go for. At the end of the day some really quick guys use some of the cheaper wheels out there.. the Madcatz MC2 for instance which although not the most inspiring looking piece of kit is excellent value for money (I use mine for around 18 months).

The wheel doesn't turn past 290. Yeah it is a crappy wheel so I've decided to buy a Thrustmaster 458 racing wheel. I'm pretty sure that none of the 360 stuff will work with xbox one though.
If the wheel lock is still working could it be that your are just turning the tyres too far and losing grip with the road? Oversteering through the corner, and thus understeering and sliding through the turn
I guess i'm just having a bit of trouble understanding what the problem is exactly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%