F1 2018 Microfone on!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys!
I have a problem with voice commands in F1 career offline.
I started my career without microphones, but I found an old headset with a microphone. The headphones have two jacks (pink and green) for microphones and audio. When I insert the mic jack, I recognize it and it works perfectly (I tried it with cortana), but when I start the game the icon for the voice command is red and of course the microphone does not work. How can I activate the microphone? There are no microphone settings in the option game, but only for the output sound.

Did you find the answer ? as I would like to know as well. I set a button for voice but all that happens in race is a pop up and choice of commands such as driver ahead and then the pit man tells me who is ahead. I think it is semi manual voice, not mic voice. It's a False Flag :)

Hi guys!
I have a problem with voice commands in F1 career offline.
I started my career without microphones, but I found an old headset with a microphone. The headphones have two jacks (pink and green) for microphones and audio. When I insert the mic jack, I recognize it and it works perfectly (I tried it with cortana), but when I start the game the icon for the voice command is red and of course the microphone does not work. How can I activate the microphone? There are no microphone settings in the option game, but only for the output sound.
To the OP, I you should go to the bottom right corner of your taskbar and right click the speaker icon. Select Sounds. Go to the Recording tab, find your new headset in the list, right click, set as default communication device, and set as default device. When you start the game next time, it should recognize the microphone.
Did you find the answer ? as I would like to know as well. I set a button for voice but all that happens in race is a pop up and choice of commands such as driver ahead and then the pit man tells me who is ahead. I think it is semi manual voice, not mic voice. It's a False Flag :)
As far as I know it's just the symbol that means 'communicate with your crew' and has nothing to do with in game voice. I thought the same thing as you at first.

Last edited:
Hi guys.
I didn't solve the problem, but when I start the game I get an error from the game lower left. The error says that the language is not compatible (?). I'm playing with the Italian language. The whole game is Italian, from text to radio messages. I have surrendered now. I tried to reinstall the game, but nothing to do. I will wait for the 2019 f1...

To the OP, I you should go to the bottom right corner of your taskbar and right click the speaker icon. Select Sounds. Go to the Recording tab, find your new headset in the list, right click, set as default communication device, and set as default device. When you start the game next time, it should recognize the microphone.
Isn't a problem of PC/Headset. I bought a new Headset and it's work perfectly with all others game (online/offline). Only with F1 game there is this problem. Bah! XD

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back