Micro-stuttering

Michael Nelson

#118 RMI Motorsport (RDLMS)
Hey guys,

Bit of a strange one here. My game has just recently started micro-stuttering, about once a second the frame will freeze for a little bit.

It happens across all stages, and all settings. As well as vanilla RBR. It doesn't affect other games. The only thing I've installed since the latest club rally (last week, running fine) is dropbox, which I've closed, and still get the stuttering. There's no processes clogging up my CPU.

I've tried resetting my PC, updating my graphics driver, disabling camhack, all to no avail. I've also tried forcing v-sync via my graphics drivers, no help.

So, any ideas? :p

Thanks

Took another attempt at finding the problem, and managed to find it. Posting it here in the off chance someone else has the same issue, with the same solution.

The stuttering was caused by a program called F.lux.

Since F.lux directly interacts with the display, it seems a bit obvious that I should have checked it earlier, but I've had it installed for a while without problems, so didn't suspect it. Turns out it was set to auto-update, and must have done that at some point before I started noticing my problems.

Took another attempt at finding the problem, and managed to find it. Posting it here in the off chance someone else has the same issue, with the same solution.

The stuttering was caused by a program called F.lux.

Since F.lux directly interacts with the display, it seems a bit obvious that I should have checked it earlier, but I've had it installed for a while without problems, so didn't suspect it. Turns out it was set to auto-update, and must have done that at some point before I started noticing my problems.
I have registered just to be able to thank you for this. I have been so frustrated with the stuttering and tried everything. Cheers from Slovakia, much appreciated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back