Micro freezes

Hi Guys

Today I started getting these micro freezes, noticed these before but they were hardly ever. Now it's every lap and sometimes they last long enough to destroy your race if you are in a corner.

There's also been a drop in fps and loading time's take much longer now.

All my other games are perfect, drivers and everything else is up to date, using SOL and Custom Shader Patch with Content Manager.

Tried everything, different settings, no difference. Tried Google but there was no real solution.

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction, thank you!

Page edit:

I deleted the Assetto Corsa folder in documents, this solved the fps and graphics issue. Loading times were still very long. Deleted Sol and shader patch, nothing.

Deleted Content manager and loading times were back to normal.

Deleted the Assetto Corsa folder in documents again, then reinstalled shader patch with sol.

Something in the Content Manager and AC file that caused this, no clue what but now everything looks and works perfectly again.

ASUS ROG Strix G17 Ryzen 9 5900HX | RTX | 32GB RAM | 2GB SSD | Dell Monitor

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I've read a lot about people having the same or similar issues on the the net with little to no real solution to solve the problem.

I'm not saying what I did will work for everyone but it made a huge difference for me.

Still don't know how overnight with out changing anything I had a massive change in fps, loading times and overall quality. Is this from the constant changes with Sol, Customer Shader Patch with Content Manager I don't know but doing what I did made my game run like new even with all the track and car mods.

Back up all folders mentioned below before you follow this process.

You will lose all your settings and saves if you don't back up these folders.

- Back up Assetto Corsa folder in documents
- Back up AcTools Content Manager file in users\...\appdata\local\AcTools Content Manager
- Delete Assetto Corsa folder in documents
- Delete AcTools Content Manager file in users\...\appdata\local\AcTools Content Manager
- Delete/Uninstall Custom Shader Patch
- Delete/Uninstall Sol
- Restart PC
- Launch Assetto Corsa vanilla and exit when done (creates new AC file in documents)
- Reinstall Content Manager
- Reinstall Custom Shader Patch
- Reinstall Sol
- Launch game with Content Manager

This worked for me and hopefully will help others. I still recommend doing this because my game feels and looks much better now.

N.B. Remember that you can copy back all yours saves, wheel settings, controller settings, custom previews from Content Manger or anything else that you need from the files that you backed up before.

ASUS ROG Strix G17 Ryzen 9 5900HX | RTX | 32GB RAM | 2GB SSD | Dell Monitor

Last edited:
I had very similar looking issue couple of weeks back, it turned out to be a windows "fault tolerant heap" thing. Can be fixed by accesing windows registry editor ( windows +r , run , regedit) look for Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH , if theres an entry adding acs.exe in \state subfolder, delete it; also add acs.exe to ExclusionList entry. After rebooting issue should be solved. btw. backup your registry before editing it in case you mess things up

Hi ClimaxF1. Can you please explain it a little bit more precise? How can I delete Custom Shader Patch if I've deleted AcTools Content Manager first because then it won't start anymore. And which files do I have to copy back? The whole folders? Tried your solution but still have micro freezes. Thanks

Hi ClimaxF1. Can you please explain it a little bit more precise? How can I delete Custom Shader Patch if I've deleted AcTools Content Manager first because then it won't start anymore. And which files do I have to copy back? The whole folders? Tried your solution but still have micro freezes. Thanks
Just to mention: kb5005033 (august patchday) can cause freezes and frame drops.

Climax, I just want to say thank you!

In the last few months I got these damn micro freezes and tried a lot to get rid of them. You method seems to work. First turn @Nürburgring was always horrible. Now it's smooth again and I have >300 fps during hotlapping and 100 - 120 during a race against ~ 20 AI maniacs. :) CSP 1.77 P1 gave me first an tzdata error which could be fixed in global CM settings. (Content Manager/General/Testing Access) and allow 'Update to non-tested versions'. Found this solution on gtplanet there.

One thing to mention for copying the backup files in the new 'documents' folder. If someone wants to have the screenshots in chronological order again then it's better not to use windows explorer for that. FreeCommander XE, for example, keeps the original date of the file during the process of copying. Or you use Windows Explorer and let 'Attribute Changer' correct the date.

Climax, I just want to say thank you!

In the last few months I got these damn micro freezes and tried a lot to get rid of them. You method seems to work. First turn @Nürburgring was always horrible. Now it's smooth again and I have >300 fps during hotlapping and 100 - 120 during a race against ~ 20 AI maniacs. :) CSP 1.77 P1 gave me first an tzdata error which could be fixed in global CM settings. (Content Manager/General/Testing Access) and allow 'Update to non-tested versions'. Found this solution on gtplanet there.

One thing to mention for copying the backup files in the new 'documents' folder. If someone wants to have the screenshots in chronological order again then it's better not to use windows explorer for that. FreeCommander XE, for example, keeps the original date of the file during the process of copying. Or you use Windows Explorer and let 'Attribute Changer' correct the date.
I do this on a regular basis, it keeps AC running smooth all the time.

I had very similar looking issue couple of weeks back, it turned out to be a windows "fault tolerant heap" thing. Can be fixed by accesing windows registry editor ( windows +r , run , regedit) look for Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH , if theres an entry adding acs.exe in \state subfolder, delete it; also add acs.exe to ExclusionList entry. After rebooting issue should be solved. btw. backup your registry before editing it in case you mess things up
i was looking for solution for soo long, and this one helped me. Thank you my man

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%