Mick Schumacher wins in his first Formula 4 weekend

Mick Schumacher.jpg

Mick Schumacher, son of seven-time F1 world champion Michael, won in only his third race in ADAC Formula 4 at Oschersleben on Sunday.

The 16 year-old showed reasonable form during testing in the midst of huge media attention, and finished 9th and 12th in the first two races of the weekend over Saturday and Sunday.

The third race saw Schumacher start from 2nd thanks to reverse-grid rules and he led throughout, managing multiple safety car periods well to win by just over half a second from Van Amersfoort Racing teammate Joey Mawson. This puts him 5th in the overall standings and the top rookie with seven meetings left in the championship.

Still, Schumacher and his management are maintaining a modest public profile, understandably so given the pressure which could arise with Mick being son to Michael, one of motorsport’s most successful figures, plus with the ongoing aftermath of Michael's skiing accident in late 2013.

Mick has "No interviews, no appearances at press conferences, no profiles on social networks," German newspaper Die Welt reported. Even a spokesperson for Deutsche Vermögensberatung, a long-time sponsor of Michael and now sponsoring Mick, insisted: "We expect nothing from Mick. No results, no appearances with our company logo, nothing.”

The German was very happy afterwards: "I'm ecstatic, of course! My first race weekend could not have gone better! We had a good start, because my tyres were still fresh, and it went well from then on, apart from at the end where things were close again. I was not too unhappy about the safety car.

"All in all, I'm really pleased with this start to the season and look forward to the next set of races."

I replied to the Vettel-F4-patron thread. But not many cared...
Definitively interesting races to watch! Mick does have a great race pace. Not quite like Felix Rosenqvist in race 2 in Silverstone (pole taken away, started from last spot), but rather close. Going from 17 to 9 or 20 to 12 I think.
Without a safety car he probably wouldn't have won (tire pressure or management), but who cares?
The media hype is annoying. German channel Sport1 put up his broadcast like some kind of Mick-Schumacher-infomercial/paid programming...
After the race he gave an interview to Sport1, but guess that's normal and no breach of own policy. Sabine Kehm was watching closely though.
@Jordan Adcock do you speak German? As you regularly read Die Welt?

Can someone tell me where i can find these races to watch?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back