Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
What steps do you think the league should take to create better racing for Season Two?
A: Haven't thought of anything yet

Q: Is Spa-Francorchamps your favourite circuit on the calendar?
A: No it's too long for me and harder to get the prefect lap in

Q: Which car do you think will be suited to the Spa circuit?
A: Aston Martin

Q: Where do you aim to finish this weekend?
A: Not in a barrier at the top of Eau Rouge

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
What steps do you think the league should take to create better racing for Season Two?
I think it isn't that bad right now. One idea I like is two shorter races with the first 3 from the first race starting at the back
Q: Is Spa-Francorchamps your favourite circuit on the calendar?
Probably
Q: Which car do you think will be suited to the Spa circuit?
Difficult to say anything with grunt and handling heard the Audi is good
Q: Where do you aim to finish this weekend?

Podium but being the first race with the Aston Martin it will be a bit of a learning experience

Race #3 Circuit de Spa Francorchamps, October 21st 9pm EST
7655712_orig-5530ea5dabbe1.jpg
Lobby starts at 8:45pm EST
Comms: Party Chat** If we have more than 12 Then Two Parties will be formed. GT-Pro in one Party Chat and GT-Am in the other.
Practice: No Practice
Qualifying: 30 mins
Warmup: 10 mins
Laps: 40 laps
Start: Standing Start!!!
Weather: Clear-Light Cloud-Light Cloud-Clearing
Assists: Forced Real
View: Any
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for October 18th at 0900 Local time with x5 Time Progression. Weather will be corresponding to location and time.

Drivers Entry List
1. Lucas Gortman / x Taco Lover XX / BMW Z4 #84 GT-Am
2. Brian Batiato / SpiffPF2 / Aston Martin GTE #92 GT-Am
3. Bryan Milioti / MillsLayne / RUF RGT #41 GT-Am
4. Mike Daro / mDaro / RUF Porsche Project Cars #48 GT-Am
5. Daniel DiMaggio / crazyspeederdan / Ruf RGT-8 #10 GT-Am
6. Joe White / bigdaddvx2005 / Audi R8 LMS #?? GT-Am
7. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 #83 GT-Pro
8. Michael Watts / MichaeI Watts / BMW Z4 #82 GT-Pro
9. Robert Waddell / Octoberdusk06 / RUF RGT-8 #76 GT-Pro
10.Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / BMW M3 #14 GT-Pro
11.Nic Worsfold/ EpilepticToast / Aston GTE #37 GT-Pro

Last edited:
Race #4 Circuit de 2.4 Heures du Mans, November 4th 9pm EST
5879797_orig-5530ecd7ea386.jpg
Lobby starts at 8:45pm EST
Comms: Party Chat
Practice: NO
Qualifying: 30 mins
Warmup: 10 mins
Laps: 36 laps
Start: Standing
Weather: (Real weather for location on October 31st-November 1st will be used)
Weather will be tested according due to New Patch Glitches.
Assists: Forced Real
Force Manual: Yes
View: Any
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for October 31st at 1300 Local time with x10 Time Progression. Weather will be corresponding to location and time.
Driver Entry List
2. Michael Watts / MichaeI Watts / BMW Z4 #82 GT-Pro
3. Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / BMW M3 #14 GT-Pro
4. Lucas Gortman / x Taco Lover XX / BMW Z4 #84 GT-Am
5. Sean Fleming / Prometheus360 / Audi R8 LMS #18 GT-Pro
6. Joe Zarkos / JoeZarkos / BMW Z4 GT #98 GT-Am
7. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 #83 GT-Pro
8. .Chris Chavana / docholiday600 / Audi LMS ultra #4 GT-Pro
9. Marcio Jesus / PRT marcioj / Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 # GT-Am
10.Railer Cantrell / HRH Racing / Mercedes SLS #47 GT-Pro
11.Joe White / bigdaddvx2005 / Audi R8 LMS #3 GT-Pro
12.Nic Worsfold/ EpilepticToast / Aston Martin GTE #37 GT-Pro
13.Alex Hinton / tha Sup3rN0va / Aston Martin GTE #22 GT-Pro

Last edited:
Car Change Announcement
.As U May Or May Not be aware @Ben Milden will be Changing To The Aston Martin V12 GT3 From Spa Onwards So He Will Be Banned From Qualifying And Also @UpwindThree078 is our Newest Member and has Chosen The BMW M3, Now After a Discussion We Decided that after Spa Is Over There Will Be No More Car Changes Made Keeping it Clear For Everyone which is how we Originally set It and will stay that way, Nows The Chance to Change so If u Have had an issue car wise u now have option to move Vehicle will stop everyone jumping from car to car also.

.Before Its Mentioned Yes Theres A New Aston Martin V8 GTE which has been added into the GT3's Class but before anyone jumps the gun so to speak It will be Ran Through The Same Test As The Bentley was If Its Found To Be Overpowered in any way it shall be banned Otherwise it will be added to the Car List For this Season Same as the rest to keep it fair to all Drivers i ask that no Inputs are made On This Matter Until The tests have been Completed @Ben Milden will Record And Post the video for you all to see, i will be the Driver to keep it fair following the Previous test's.
Results:The Test Video Should Now Be Available to view Via @Ben Milden
YouTube Channel will be linked on the forums some point today, Our Test Show that The Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE Is Not Overpowered by any means and will be Added to Our Car List for anyone who wishes to use it.

.Finally The Rules Will Be Made clearer for Everyone as Requested But ive been delayed lately due to work it will be completed before Fridays Race.

Thank You
Everyone
@Ben Milden @Jelani Patterson
@Andrew Holmes @Dominic Ollivierre
@Thomas While @Adam marks
@Benjamin McCluskey @Adel Elsayed
@NuminexHDX @NL-Jos
@UpwindThree078 @Ronnie Dewey
@Gareth Williams @Lance Loomis

Last edited:
Definitely a very worthy winner of this inaugral series on Project Cars and it's been great to have been able to be see Michaels progress from that initial Grid Autosport race at Okatuma.. I remember it well as I had him filling my mirrors for some time before getting past me towards the end. Great accomplishment Michael and there is certainly nothing wrong with achieving by dint of work ethic buddy, if anything it's actually more impressive because you have to put in much more effort to reach the pinnacle, thats exactly how I would prefer to do it. CONGRATS CHAMP!!

Last edited:
One other thing that I feel has to be mentioned and it's been a bit remiss of me to not do so sooner is to congratualte a certain somebody on their own achievement in this series and also subsequently races in other forms of racing. A certain Mr @Robert Waddell has made a very significant step up in perfromance since the release of Project Cars and having been watching a number of videos of his recently I am amazed at the level of improvement he has achieved in a very short space of time. His pace and consistency have become all too apparent in the GT and GP3 series just finished and the Historic F1 series that is just starting but also unknown to some on here I am sure is how well he is currently doing in F1 2015 with some very impressive drives at Spa, Monza and Suzuka. All the while of course this very impressive improvement has been made against the backdrop of organising and administering the Project Cars series which is no small undertaking and also trying to get some form of online racing going with F1 2015.

Well done buddy. Looking forward to watching more of this rise towards the upper echelons of sim racing over the coming months :thumbsup: I'll be trying to hang on to your coat tails as you go ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years