Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I definitely feel you there. These new cars we are running are a bit tougher to feel and diagnose setup issues without FFB, mainly because no assists, you can't feel the car braking loose or locking up the brakes, until you can't turn or you are turning too much. I can't drive FM6 with the spider wheel at all. The cars feel like crap. I'm much better with a controller as I can at least feel the gas/brake rumble.

picked up forza 6 today, went online with there leagues new thing, was surprised how good the servers are, I Think the most amount of people in a lobby i saw was 17, no lag no jumping no pcars twitch, the rain lobbies were actually really good fun.
i saw peters comments about a sunday drive, i wonder if thats just the slower cars that are in the demo, in the indy car it was prob the first real 60 frames holy **** im going fast ive had on this current gen.

First time in 4-5 years ive enjoyed racing public lobbies

I have nothing to complain and have respect for the organisation.
I understand between the lines that this chamionship is Just in testing for more (serious) chamionships in the future.
It's so easy to say things from the sideline but It's not easy to make everybody happy.
I know it, because i have twice organised a chamionship with gt6 and there are always people who wants to do things on them own way.

picked up forza 6 today, went online with there leagues new thing, was surprised how good the servers are, I Think the most amount of people in a lobby i saw was 17, no lag no jumping no pcars twitch, the rain lobbies were actually really good fun.
i saw peters comments about a sunday drive, i wonder if thats just the slower cars that are in the demo, in the indy car it was prob the first real 60 frames holy **** im going fast ive had on this current gen.

First time in 4-5 years ive enjoyed racing public lobbies
I also got to drive the Indycar in the demo, it wad one of the rewards for completing something but not sure what it was lol. That was definitely better but in all honesty I've always had the same feeling with Forza, it's always just somehow lacked the real feel of speed and racing for me. It definitely looks really good though, can't deny that but just doesn't have the depth or atmosphere that pCars does.

I also got to drive the Indycar in the demo, it wad one of the rewards for completing something but not sure what it was lol. That was definitely better but in all honesty I've always had the same feeling with Forza, it's always just somehow lacked the real feel of speed and racing for me. It definitely looks really good though, can't deny that but just doesn't have the depth or atmosphere that pCars does.

I've had 4 and 5 but not 6. So, I can't really comment on 6, but I resisted getting it because I don't think I would play it much at all. I love some things about it, like the seamless graphics Dan mentioned and the rock stable lobbies. Sometimes even the racing can be fun...and they certainly have pretty deep tuning. But I've always felt, like you Peter, that it lacks that grittiness, shake, and, most importantly, wheel physics, to be any competition for Codemasters or pCARS. Then again, Dan, I think you were really stoked about the lobbies not crashing and the picture quality. Can't argue there...and for sure they have improve their physics from 4 to 5, but I was never convinced they ever felt accurate on a wheel. I think they have a business model and that includes their "essence" so to speak. Of course, this means that those with a controller, like Michael said, would probably enjoy it more. Then again, if your lobby crashes every time you try to play, sometimes it makes the rest a moot point.

Does FM6 have better tire wear? How about the ability to change anything in the pits? Is fuel consumption anywhere real? Have the tracks become less artwork and more working raceway? pCARS remind me of actual racing. Some small detail in the track, that "weathered look" being especially important, and of course all of those fantastic options that usually crash your game. lol.

I have nothing to complain and have respect for the organisation.
I understand between the lines that this chamionship is Just in testing for more (serious) chamionships in the future.
It's so easy to say things from the sideline but It's not easy to make everybody happy.
I know it, because i have twice organised a chamionship with gt6 and there are always people who wants to do things on them own way.
Thankyou For That mate :)

I've had 4 and 5 but not 6. So, I can't really comment on 6, but I resisted getting it because I don't think I would play it much at all. I love some things about it, like the seamless graphics Dan mentioned and the rock stable lobbies. Sometimes even the racing can be fun...and they certainly have pretty deep tuning. But I've always felt, like you Peter, that it lacks that grittiness, shake, and, most importantly, wheel physics, to be any competition for Codemasters or pCARS. Then again, Dan, I think you were really stoked about the lobbies not crashing and the picture quality. Can't argue there...and for sure they have improve their physics from 4 to 5, but I was never convinced they ever felt accurate on a wheel. I think they have a business model and that includes their "essence" so to speak. Of course, this means that those with a controller, like Michael said, would probably enjoy it more. Then again, if your lobby crashes every time you try to play, sometimes it makes the rest a moot point.

Does FM6 have better tire wear? How about the ability to change anything in the pits? Is fuel consumption anywhere real? Have the tracks become less artwork and more working raceway? pCARS remind me of actual racing. Some small detail in the track, that "weathered look" being especially important, and of course all of those fantastic options that usually crash your game. lol.
I hate both forza and project cars for doing this, Project cars in the perfect game(i agree with all you say about pcars and forza) but the servers are the worst ive ever experienced for racing games even beating codemasters. where as forza lacks so much ;racing stuff' but for online racing leagues ect the most important thing is servers and i still ten races in online racing with between 10-20 people and the servers are flawless

Welcome Everyone

This Will Be Where You Can Post All Your Thoughts and Ideas u May Have to Help Make Season 2 On-wards Better For The Good Of The League, All Opinions Are Welcome
images

.Towards the End Off The Season We Will take Everyone's ideas with our own and Post A Rough List Of How Next Season Will Be for You all to Check threw allowing you to Give Feedback before any Decisions are made.

@Andrew Holmes
@Dominic Ollivierre
@Adel Elsayed
@Lance Loomis
@Ben Milden

@Jelani Patterson
@Thomas While
@NuminexHDX
@Adam marks
@Ronnie Dewey
@NL-Jos
@Benjamin McCluskey
@Gareth Williams
@OllieRixon
@UpwindThree078
Thank You Everyone

I hate both forza and project cars for doing this, Project cars in the perfect game(i agree with all you say about pcars and forza) but the servers are the worst ive ever experienced for racing games even beating codemasters. where as forza lacks so much ;racing stuff' but for online racing leagues ect the most important thing is servers and i still ten races in online racing with between 10-20 people and the servers are flawless

Very true. It makes you wonder what kind of inside information M/S is sharing with Turn 10 (or money) or what kind of resources 3rd party makers have available or wish they had available. The 3rd party software makers are in a tough spot, because they need Microsoft to make money, yet they probably know M/S withholds access to various tools that could make their product run like Forza. Or...is it simply 3rd party makers being lazy? I doubt it's the latter, but don't really know. I think that's why gamers typically are in the dark about the real reasons for a bad multi-player experience. First off, Microsoft should know better. They have been in trouble all over the world for anti-trust violations. If the software is truly independent of the machine, and Microsoft intentionally withholds information that would allow software makers to better utilize their hardware (like the Internet Explorer issues the feds used against them in the 90s) for the express purpose of monopolizing the proprietary information for profit (we all know Turn 10 has inside stuff, I think), then it's a massive liability. And any 3rd party software maker knows not to discuss this for fear of alienating Microsoft. Add to that the individual connection issues, and connectivity can be a real pain to diagnose.

Great video Michael, and congratulations on the championship! Pushed me all the way, we had a great battle over sector times! The Mclaren was very good on its tyres which is why I think I was able to gap the BMWs who I think actually had more pace than me over the one lap. I don't think I'll be able to make the first few events as I am moving but I hope to be back for the GT4 opener. I'll also probably be using a controller for a few weeks until I can get my wheel to me which should make things interesting for me!

Last edited:
Everyone have 3 cars to use. (GT4 or GT3, not Both classes)
15 events and this with 5 different circuits wich we're visit three time.
Each car May used once on an circuit.
The choice when you use a special car is up to you.
The worst two result wil be delete at the and off the season.
And twice you May use a joker.
Wich means double points for you that race.
Ofcourse if you told someone in secret before the race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years