Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

WE HAVE A WINNER....

Congratulations to Michael Watts who battled through the loss of a wheel a little over half way through, stiff competition, pit bugs galore, and some quality talent to win the first Xbox One / Project Cars League Series here at Race Department.

Michael is perhaps the best blend of natural talent and determination. As has been proven by my third place finish, sometimes you can just "show up" and get a podium, but it takes more to get the Series win. And it's not just speed, but dedication. Great job Michael...and thanks for being such a consistent and valued driver. And thanks also for sticking it out. One day, I'm sure we will have more pummeling to look forward to once you get that wheel you love.

Also great job Eric. Thoughts go back to the Grid Autosport Series, where Michael came in like a lamb and out like a lion. It still boggles my mind how you had a very legitimate shot at the title at the last race, considering your early races. Most improved is an understatement.

Thanks also to Peter Hooper for Co-Directing this league and the Railer Cantrell for Stewarding. Peter, you are simply a rock...and your calm demeanor and willingness to go outside of your favorite discipline (quite often) is so refreshing. I could not have done it without you, as there were many times the game itself seemed to conspire against us. And Railer, we miss you buddy. I know you would have finished much higher if you had been able to make them all, but we know you were there in spirit. The Oil Sheiks were quite happy with a team #2. Too bad that promise of 40 virgins for a win was not to be. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with them anyway.

So many others I can think of made this Series a blast, like boothy, Nic, Chips, and Queso. And there are so many more...thank you all for helping make this often maddening ("Great idea Rob...let's be the Guinea Pig league for the first console SIM") title turn into a bright shining star...once a few patches sailed in. Hope to see you all in future races.

Final Standings:
1. Watts - 177
2. Eric - 163.5
3. Robert - 112
4. Chips - 110
5. Matthew S. - 68
6. Ceaser - 62
7. Peter H. - 60
8. Railer - 58
9. Dylan - 37.5
10. Dan - 37
11. Peter E. - 36.5
12, Alex - 27
13. Boothy - 26
14. Nic - 12
14. Rob P. - 2

Best Always,
Rob W.

Last edited:
AND THE WINNER IS....
Gustavo!!! Great job even with the late entry handicap. Can't say I'd blame you for wanting some more competition besides Peter, but open wheel is the main event next time. Not only was it nice to have another North American in the game, but your real life racing experience and friendly practice sessions lifted us all, I think. For me, it was your wheel setting advice...it was like magic, as I had been looking so long for that "feel" in the TX. Also, the support series was sort of an afterthought, but you and Peter really made it go, as did boothy. Thanks to all who participated and congratulations to Peter in securing the #2 spot. :cautious::sick:

@Ben Milden

That would be your 2nd change. Two changes going into the 7th round out of 20. If you want a 2nd change, it should be more than a qualifying ban.

I have no idea what happened at Zolder. You guys said you were racing and now it's been rescheduled due to one disconnect? That doesn't make sense, and to add to that we have no rules on what to do when a disconnect happens. If we are making rules up on the fly, we got to stop. This league is being ran like F1 2015.

Couldn't've said it better myself

Andrew you helped make the rules don't be thick

@Lance Loomis it was eventually rescheduled due to you @Jelani Patterson @Dominic Ollivierre not having the update and me not being able to join.

Also I'm still waiting for ONE of you to answer me about whether or not you've received the update!? A bit of help from your side wouldn't hurt

Also a few drivers felt it not right to continue so the race became a farce!

This was the best alternative I'm afraid

@Adam Morris can you make clear the rules for disconnects and if a certain amount of drivers are unable to race due to updates thanks

Last edited:
Yeah think this is abit of an outrage to be honest. Aston is going to be stronger on the circuits what are coming up

I Disagree Mate Check The Car Test Aston is the Slowest Out Off The Cars Ginneta was Faster on Standard Setup and Aston is Very Hard To Set Up Compaired to The Rest The Mclarens and The Mercedes Will Be Stronger than The Aston Same With The BMW'S So With that Said @Ben Milden will be moving to the Aston Martin and @Adel Elsayed will be Moving To Ben's M3 Both are Banned from Qualifying at Spa

Last edited:
@Ben Milden

That would be your 2nd change. Two changes going into the 7th round out of 20. If you want a 2nd change, it should be more than a qualifying ban.

I have no idea what happened at Zolder. You guys said you were racing and now it's been rescheduled due to one disconnect? That doesn't make sense, and to add to that we have no rules on what to do when a disconnect happens. If we are making rules up on the fly, we got to stop. This league is being ran like F1 2015.

The Reason the Race was Rescheduled was because Yourself, Nic, Jelani and Ben couldnt Join so that's 4 drivers unable to Race which wasn't their fault, When We tried to Run it with Just the Drivers Available 2 DSC the others left as didn't know what was happening was Me Andrew And Gareth Left So We decided to wait untill you guys can race as well again to keep it fair And To make it Clear No Rules Here Are Made up "On The Fly" They Are Discussed Between Organizers and also the Drivers Before We Add Or Change Anything So Dont Worry Guys Everything Here Is Under Control.

Well for One we Had Rules to Start Off With Which We have had to keep changing as people wernt happy with them TC/ABS then The Weather so we did what we thought best for the League and went back to what we had altering the Weather to Suit Everyone and shall stay that way.
In Regards To Disconnect Rules ect Here You Go
.The Race Can Be Delayed for a Maximum of 10 Minutes for Anyone that's late Making the lobby.
.If 3 or More Drivers are lost During Qualifying and unable to join the race for whatever reason the session can be restarted as per Organizers Request.
.If The Majority Of the Field Disconnect The Session will again be Restarted.
.As It Seems All Project Cars Updates come on a Friday we decided that if another Incident Occurs when the updates drop and the 4 drivers are unabale to download it in time to race it will then be postponed to the following week to allow everyone the chance to Race Keeping it Fair to all.

Car Changes
I Had Already Posted About this After the last changes but here it is again.
.For The First Season All Drivers will Be Allowed to Change cars there is no limit including you @Lance Loomis to allow people to find the car right for them but the Penalty for doing so Is a Qualifying Ban for the Next Race This is only for the first season As We Are Still Growing As a League after that it will be re-designed to keep 1 car all season.

Thank you For Your Questions Lance We Want you all to voice your opinions If Ever Need Anything Answered Just Ask Myself or @Ben Milden.

First off a huge congratulations to Michael on the title, a well-deserved victory for sure and some really good drives throughout despite the problems endured at various times. Top notch buddy. Same for Matthew on the win at this circuit, very impressive :thumbsup: and great job Eric on the comeback from the first corner off. Solid race too from Robert and Nic who I had a bit of fun with in the opening laps before things took a turn for the worse for me.

Overall a horrible session for me from quali through to the race. Only got one lap in the quali session as I spotted Craig had messaged me so dove into the pits and spent the rest trying to get him into the lobby but probably would have only moved up a place or two anyway as the frame rate issue was still very apparent for me and getting into the 1:55’s was probably the best I could have expected. The race was pretty horrible from the off although there was a chance for a bit of racing with Robert and Nic until the game became more or less unplayable for me. The choppy graphics around the corners making it very difficult to get any decent feel for what the car was doing and resulting in more spins than a DJ at an Ibiza rave. I gave it as much time as I could but after about 10-12 laps and almost messing things up for the lead bunch after another moment spinning around on the exit of one of the mid sector right-handers I was done with it and gave up the ghost frustrated and not enjoying things at all.

I spent a bit of time Sunday trying to work out what the cause of the problem was and trying out the various cars to see what differences I could find and I think I was probably right with my earlier assertion that the mirrors in the Aston were causing a bigger hit than any other car. One thing which I also neglected to take into account and which compounded matters even more was that the Aston also has a very nice looking LCD display in the cockpit which basically is another mirror showing what’s going on behind and therefore taking even more processing (no way to turn that off as far as I know either). Not sure if any other car has that but those I tried did not and I found when going from the Aston to the BMW for instance that there was a very noticeable difference in framerate, especially through the corners. The BMW btw was also a very nice car to drive, felt very stable and smooth even on the default setup.

So choice of car definitely should be looked at very carefully in these closed cockpit cars as it seems there is a definite advantage \ disadvantage (and much frustration) to be found due to the extra strain things like mirrors and LCD’s cause to the system when rain is brought into the equation. Shame we have no framerate counter to get a definite indication as to what we are working with with each car.

First off a huge congratulations to Michael on the title, a well-deserved victory for sure and some really good drives throughout despite the problems endured at various times. Top notch buddy. Same for Matthew on the win at this circuit, very impressive :thumbsup: and great job Eric on the comeback from the first corner off. Solid race too from Robert and Nic who I had a bit of fun with in the opening laps before things took a turn for the worse for me.

Overall a horrible session for me from quali through to the race. Only got one lap in the quali session as I spotted Craig had messaged me so dove into the pits and spent the rest trying to get him into the lobby but probably would have only moved up a place or two anyway as the frame rate issue was still very apparent for me and getting into the 1:55’s was probably the best I could have expected. The race was pretty horrible from the off although there was a chance for a bit of racing with Robert and Nic until the game became more or less unplayable for me. The choppy graphics around the corners making it very difficult to get any decent feel for what the car was doing and resulting in more spins than a DJ at an Ibiza rave. I gave it as much time as I could but after about 10-12 laps and almost messing things up for the lead bunch after another moment spinning around on the exit of one of the mid sector right-handers I was done with it and gave up the ghost frustrated and not enjoying things at all.

I spent a bit of time Sunday trying to work out what the cause of the problem was and trying out the various cars to see what differences I could find and I think I was probably right with my earlier assertion that the mirrors in the Aston were causing a bigger hit than any other car. One thing which I also neglected to take into account and which compounded matters even more was that the Aston also has a very nice looking LCD display in the cockpit which basically is another mirror showing what’s going on behind and therefore taking even more processing (no way to turn that off as far as I know either). Not sure if any other car has that but those I tried did not and I found when going from the Aston to the BMW for instance that there was a very noticeable difference in framerate, especially through the corners. The BMW btw was also a very nice car to drive, felt very stable and smooth even on the default setup.

So choice of car definitely should be looked at very carefully in these closed cockpit cars as it seems there is a definite advantage \ disadvantage (and much frustration) to be found due to the extra strain things like mirrors and LCD’s cause to the system when rain is brought into the equation. Shame we have no framerate counter to get a definite indication as to what we are working with with each car.

This is very interesting. I'm sure it will help many not only understand what may be happening better but in making their car choices. I know it will for me, and I'm glad you seemed to have worked it out, because that just kills the game, based on your assessment. The Alpine has no mirrors, but a fairly fancy dash. I'm be sure to look more closely while in other cars. I wonder why this was not there for you at other tracks? Do you think the rain may have pushed it over a limit?

Can I beg of the organizers to consider allowing more than 4 of the same cars. I wanted to be in the m3 and couldn't have known that Adel & Ben were exchanging. I figure, If we Are going to allow car changes all season with qualifying ban penalty, can we at least have access to all the cars? I don't believe it would be too unrealistic to have a lot of the same cars on the grid, and besides with the allowance of changing cars all season drivers will clearly change cars dependent on track mesh and this will also keep the race interesting with drivers like Ben coming from the back. just a thought. #keepingfairforall

Last edited:
Car Changes
I Had Already Posted About this After the last changes but here it is again.
.For The First Season All Drivers will Be Allowed to Change cars there is no limit including you @Lance Loomis to allow people to find the car right for them but the Penalty for doing so Is a Qualifying Ban for the Next Race This is only for the first season As We Are Still Growing As a League after that it will be re-designed to keep 1 car all season.

So you are going against the post you have on I believe in page 5 of this thread that says you and Ben agreed on allowing one more change? Basically what you are saying is you can change car for every round and only receive a Qualifying ban? Stupid. I don't see teams switching manufacturers in real life.

I just think it's sad that I'm having to hold the organizers accountable for the rules, which they created.

So you are going against the post you have on I believe in page 5 of this thread that says you and Ben agreed on allowing one more change? Basically what you are saying is you can change car for every round and only receive a Qualifying ban? Stupid. I don't see teams switching manufacturers in real life.

I just think it's sad that I'm having to hold the organizers accountable for the rules, which they created.

No mate we arnt going against that post as it was later changed again due to more complaints we had due to this with people not enjoying the cars they had choosen so we made a way to help people with that by also Penalising them for Changing we had a party open where a good few drivers agreed to this and thought up the Quali Ban part But it seems people dont like this idea and if so Alternitives to make it better?

looks like there is some confusion caused by the fact Andrew and Adam set the rules then I took over from Andrew. Instead of attacking us try to remember this league exists because of our hard work and determination created for people like you! Its negative comments that bring down leagues and I will be damned if this one will end!. Adam **** the driver changes all stay in the same car from now until the seasons end.

I'm on holiday abroad and have had to come on to sort this cheers fellas :devilish:

looks like there is some confusion caused by the fact Andrew and Adam set the rules then I took over from Andrew. Instead of attacking us try to remember this league exists because of our hard work and determination created for people like you! Its negative comments that bring down leagues and I will be damned if this one will end!. Adam **** the driver changes all stay in the same car from now until the seasons end.

I'm on holiday abroad and have had to come on to sort this cheers fellas :devilish:

Sorry if upholding the rules is negative comments. If you guys change something, simply post it in an Announcements thread. All drivers have to be informed of changes. If it was re-posted again that there wasn't a limit on car changes, none of this would've happened. We can't use PSN as the primary form of communication.

Sorry if upholding the rules is negative comments. If you guys change something, simply post it in an Announcements thread. All drivers have to be informed of changes. If it was re-posted again that there wasn't a limit on car changes, none of this would've happened. We can't use PSN as the primary form of communication.

To be fair you were the only one missing from the conversation because you were a reserve at that time and didn't race. I think Adam and Andrew who despite his comments knew of this got confused . I agree with all drivers being made aware of changes sorry but with sign ups people leaving points tables abandoned races things have been mad

What's done is done guys. Perhaps we move forward with solutions only? I'm happy to help administratively if need be.
Solutions:
*Make updated amendments officially to rules & regulations thread so all drivers are aware of any changes

*create a thread for the open forum of all drivers to voice their opinions on rules and regs, with their suggested changes for the organizers to assess and make a formal decision on

*avoid any changes being made in a party. It's quite annoying finding out later that something was agreed upon by the organizers in a party that only holds 8 people on psn. How about we avoid that and have all discussions here formally.

*forget what was said and who said why said. It's as it is now. Organizers! Make a final decision and post it formally to rules & regulations thread, remind all drivers to keep checking the thread for any asr's.

What's done is done guys. Perhaps we move forward with solutions only? I'm happy to help administratively if need be.
Solutions:
*Make updated amendments officially to rules & regulations thread so all drivers are aware of any changes

*create a thread for the open forum of all drivers to voice their opinions on rules and regs, with their suggested changes for the organizers to assess and make a formal decision on

*avoid any changes being made in a party. It's quite annoying finding out later that something was agreed upon by the organizers in a party that only holds 8 people on psn. How about we avoid that and have all discussions here formally.

*forget what was said and who said why said. It's as it is now. Organizers! Make a final decision and post it formally to rules & regulations thread, remind all drivers to keep checking the thread for any asr's.

Thanks Dominic it's being sorted as we speak. We already thought of a drivers voice page and will use it for ideas for next season.

lets all calm down here hehe

We are calm
image.jpg

This is very interesting. I'm sure it will help many not only understand what may be happening better but in making their car choices. I know it will for me, and I'm glad you seemed to have worked it out, because that just kills the game, based on your assessment. The Alpine has no mirrors, but a fairly fancy dash. I'm be sure to look more closely while in other cars. I wonder why this was not there for you at other tracks? Do you think the rain may have pushed it over a limit?
Yeah the rain was the big factor in all of it it seems. In the dry it seemed ok and I felt I could push to get times up there with anyone else but once the rain was introduced it was a different ball game. I could get down to the 1:54's on occasion but with no consistency of lap times at all and very prone to offs due to the problems in the corners. This was exacerbated by the lack of FFB meaning the visual cues which are so crucial without it were completely off due to the stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back