Michael Schumacher

No, and nothing to do with F1 at all. But if you or anybody is able to watch bbc iplayer then I suggest you watch it. It's about patients being on "the edge of life" due to the likes of cancer or brain injuries. It was really terrific, and I couldn't help but relate what I saw to Schumacher's situation at the moment. So here's the link. You gotta be from the UK to watch it though unfortunately, unless anyone knows another way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0403s1n/Louis_Therouxs_LA_Stories_Edge_of_Life/

Has anybody watched this yet?

Its frightening silent with the news surrounding the condition of MSC.

Its six months now?

Its because the Dr's know they can't fix him but are still playing their part to appear to keep trying. I dare say they're getting paid quite well to keep trying too. Lets face the reality, after this much time, he may never even wake up. Its sad, but the window of opportunity to help him has closed.

10380997_10204074854858155_8913960564080125515_n.jpg

At first i remember we heard jokes how he beat the rock :( and now this... no, it can't be and it won't
We must stay positive

I will be majorly surprised if he doesn't turn out to be a vegetable by now, sorry to be so blunt but I think if he ever had any chance of coming back fully recovered or even close to it, it would have had to happen several months ago.
That's me trying ot be realistic, not pessimistic.

This is a horrible situation. I have first hand experience of a relative that had a severe brain injury. We as a family spent months in the hospital and spoke to many other relatives (and recovered victims). There are things patients have in common, but, each individual is a unique person.

My relative was a smart, 31 year old at the time. Doctors said he was brain dead. Without going into too much detail so many people we didn't even know but had gone through the same thing, said to never give up. Some said they were in a coma for almost a year and recovered.

We don't know about MSC, but I personally think they should hold on unless it's unequivocaly clear (like a severed brain stem for example shown through a scan) that there is no chance.

I just hope the Schummacher family are gifted another opportunity at life, like we were.

Reactions: Dux
There are things patients have in common, but, each individual is a unique person.
Yup, each case is a separate thing and you never know what to expect.
A couple of years ago my dad fell down some stairs and he was diagnosed with cerebral hematoma. The doctors weren't sure he would make it through the night, but he did and after a couple of days he even regained consciousness, although for the following month or two he remained pretty much a conscious vegetable...
And then, for some reason, he started getting better and soon he was fine enough to walk visitors out to the exit of the hospital, while talking and everything. It was like nothing had ever happened to him.
But THEN he caught some (pretty serious) infection and he was fighting for his life again. He got better eventually and after a couple of months he was released from the hospital, but he never got back to the form from before the infection. At first he was barely able to move (again) and communicate, but after a year or so he started moving around the house on his knees. He's more or less ok now, but his mild feet paralysis never went away...

So yeah, head trauma is a serious injury and you can never know for sure what's going to happen next. Sure, Schumacher's case isn't exactly the same, because he's been in a coma for months, but back in 2006 we didn't think my dad would be able to talk again and now he's (almost) fine. Maybe, when he wakes up, Michael will be able to AT LEAST communicate - right now even that would be a success... :unsure:

The longest coma that anyone woke from is 19 years. Guy was in a car accident and has now made a decent recovery - he cant walk but can talk and remembers stuff.
If Schumachers brain cant repair itself (which is what its trying to do in a coma) then he will never wake up. But he will when he is ready - and that could in all reality take many years.

Now what is worse? Induced coma or natural ? Isn't natural ?

10433084_492676024195925_2875856050525279898_n.jpg

Whenever i see photos of him like these, active in sports, it makes me really sad :( and the words of Senna keep ringing in my head, how in a second all that you have known all that you have become can be lost, you can get hurt very badly or even die ... how one small moment can change you and your life forever. I just really hope he gets back... and give us his authentic smile, like ... "one rock cant beat me!"

Last edited:
10433084_492676024195925_2875856050525279898_n.jpg

Whenever i see photos of him like these, active in sports, it makes me really sad :( and the words of Senna keep ringing in my head, how in a second all that you have known all that you have become can be lost, you can get hurt very badly or even die ... how one small moment can change you and your life forever. I just really hope he gets back... and give us his authentic smile, like ... "one rock cant beat me!"

And this should be a reminder to cherish every day no matter how bad you think it is. If you have family and friends, always remember today could be the last day you ever see them again. Its a hard truth that we all take for granted.

Uhm...

a) not official and the rumour was there since a few days, heard of it, too.

and why bad?

It would mean he is out of life danger?

Of course not that, but that he might be in permanent vegetative state, how is that good? How is that good, that moving him on rehab ward meant - no improvements expected? To me is not good at all and that he will survive, i dont wanna even think of that, of course he is.

And as far the concern is Schumi and the latest news, i think on this page 90% are not rumors, on the contrary i think they write what has been only true, also i see the date is from today.

Uhm...

a) not official and the rumour was there since a few days, heard of it, too.

and why bad?

It would mean he is out of life danger?

I guess that's one way of looking at it, but his life wasn't in danger for a while. he's been stable for a few months now. What it means is that they've given up on him making a recovery and are now just letting him occupy a bed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back