Michael Schumacher

Any news you heard ? Read some very bad things but did not wanted to post them here, just to check out if you guys have anything :/

Keep praying!

Nope. Nothing. Twitter would've been all over this, had it been the case, but there's nothing bad.

The only thing trending for today is how he is apparently losing a lot of weight, which is normal for his situation, as muscles don't get used.

Just read this statement from His Manager - Link to full story provided below :

"We are and remain confident that Michael will pull through and will wake up. There sometimes are small, encouraging signs, but we also know that this is the time to be very patient.

Michael has suffered severe injuries. It is very hard to comprehend for all of us that Michael, who had overcome a lot of precarious situations in the past, has been hurt so terribly in such a banal situation.

It was clear from the start that this will be a long and hard fight for Michael. We are taking this fight on together with the team of doctors, whom we fully trust. The length of the process is not the important part for us.

It is heart-warming to see how much sympathy his family is shown and I can say that the family is extremely grateful for it. However, it should not be forgotten that Michael's family is dealing with an extremely intimate and fragile situation. And I would like to remind all of us that Michael has always actively kept his family out of the public eye and consequently protected their private lives.

We try to channel all the energies we have toward Michael and we firmly believe that this will help him. And we believe that he will also win this fight."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26541565

No? Was it about MSC?

No, and nothing to do with F1 at all. But if you or anybody is able to watch bbc iplayer then I suggest you watch it. It's about patients being on "the edge of life" due to the likes of cancer or brain injuries. It was really terrific, and I couldn't help but relate what I saw to Schumacher's situation at the moment. So here's the link. You gotta be from the UK to watch it though unfortunately, unless anyone knows another way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0403s1n/Louis_Therouxs_LA_Stories_Edge_of_Life/

I had severe concussion 5 years ago.... lost three weeks of my life, no memory. Haven't been the same since.....apparently, quieter and moody. Still get head pains and numbness down the left side of my face.

Wasn't in a coma, so I am lucky to be here still - alive. Others have been worse off.

@Harry Westwood i want myself to believe in that, that they hold him for this long just in order to be sure his brain will rest and return to the most normal situation. I am no doctor i dont understand much of brain injuries, but i believe and have faith that a 7 time world champion, around which best world doctors for that sort of injury are taking care for him, i just cannot believe that anything bad is happening to him now for taking this so so long. All i think and pray is that, somehow, this is the best thing they think it would be for him so finally sometime in the future he wakes up in better condition :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%