Michael Schumacher at 50

It’s quite ironic saying asking for a statement is disrespectful to the Schumacher family while making assumptions and educated guesses based on zero to none information. Which to me is way more disrespectful to the Schumacher family.

Stop making assumptions which by the way could only be cleared by a statement (oh the irony...).

We just should celebrate his legacy and for what he have achieved in his career. That would do right to the families whishes and likings. Cheers to that!

It’s quite ironic saying asking for a statement is disrespectful to the Schumacher family while making assumptions and educated guesses based on zero to none information. Which to me is way more disrespectful to the Schumacher family.

Stop making assumptions which by the way could only be cleared by a statement (oh the irony...).

We just should celebrate his legacy and for what he have achieved in his career. That would do right to the families whishes and likings. Cheers to that!

Well it's safe to say that if Micheal had made a complete recovery and was skipping about at home we would know about it by now.....
The fact is he hasn't, he most likely won't ever... so why do the family need to roll out a statement to people who have no commonsense.
It's terribly sad for any human to suffer with anything, but lets get some sense of perspective, maybe it's easier for a 15 year old living at home with Mummy and Daddy to allow all there emotions out onto some guy they never met or know at all, but for many of us with kids etc this modern day out pouring of grief and sadness over people we don't know goes on for far far too long.
Yes it sad for Micheal and family but these posts become a race to the bottom of who can be the most sad and reminisce about some race they once saw on cable........

Maybe his family want privacy because they actually have him as a father / husband and not just some bloke they once saw race a car around.....
I think it's a bit more real for them yes?
Frankly it is a bit weird to be so obsessed with it all.....

Heading into his 50th year, all at RaceDepartment continue to send our best wishes and thoughts to Michel Schumacher as he continues his fight back to full fitness.​

Personally I don't think he is fighting to get back to full fitness and that is a just a leap of faith on RaceDepartments behalf. But I really do wish there was no secrecy to his well being. Happy Birthday Michael if you are reading this.

I don't think they are 'ashamed' of a disabled Micheal, just don't think the world needs to see him in this situation as i doubt he has any mental function left so what would be the point? He can't do or say anything so just keep him comfortable and let us remember him from before...seems to the families logic and i can';t blame them.
Pretty reasonable post.
As it is now we remember Schumacher as he looked and did function in interviews.
And not as some more or less ‎vegetable-ish in a wheelchair.

Happy Birthday Michael

and to those that think the family owe the fans a statement of some kind on his condition, the family owe you nothing, Just respect the family's privacy and remember what Michael achieved in his career, when and IF the family are ready/want to give out a statement, then they will, until then, stop asking.

On a sidenote...
schumacher-50th-bday-jpg.284292

two brothers fighting hard together in this fierce F1 battle. @@
Reminds me of those two legends

Manfred von Richthofen:
ae4b3de28d35cd7221368261b3600b2e.jpg

Lothar von Richthofen:
8d4bf8e1db4e6c83b3eafca901476f36.jpg

Manfred always fly in RED plane and his little and less successful (by their kill number. sorry guys but that was a war time) brother always in YELLOW.
Just a coincidence or what ? :)

That was a total downer Paul... you better have news of Reiza's new game now or something similar to follow with. Jeesh..
Sorry, I can't agree with that.
The message from his family was clear in this regard:
“Michael can be proud of what he has achieved, and so are we… we want to remember and celebrate his victories, his records and his jubilation.”
This is what we must do here, remember and celebrate his life and keep sending him our good thoughts and hopes.
Happy Birthday Michael !!!!!
We are with you now and forever. You live healthy and strong in our memories and we hope to see you smiling again. You are a great champion and you could win this battle. :thumbsup:
Keep fighting, Michael

There's a bunch of contents on youtube about Michael that popped up the last 2 days and I don't know why. I didn't watch any. So he's 50 huh? Okay...

Michael is an amazingly gifted, but flawed human being. Unsurprisingly, a hero to some, a villain to others. Either way, he doesn't deserve the existence, as it were, that he's experiencing right now. Though I doubt he's anywhere near a mental state that remotely resembles what we would consider awareness, his family, friends, and fans certainly are and I feel very bad for them - my heart and thoughts go out to them.

"Fighting back to fitness" is a wonderfully evocative and polite sentiment, but I strongly suspect the sad reality is a much more passive endeavor. My suspicion is he is on more or less "life support" while his family hopes for some kind of game changing medical breakthrough. They've got the money to do it and, as I doubt Michael is aware either way, I don't really see the harm. Who knows, a breakthrough may come someday and we may see Michael again, same as he ever was - now that will be a big RD headline!

If Michael was even remotely in any condition to be out in public, it would have happened by now.
That's the stark reality.
Let's leave it at that and hope for a miracle.
It's difficult to fathom...(given the time his name has been in the sporting news)...that he's only just now turning fifty.
I really feel bad for his kids.
It has been almost five years since the accident.
It can't be any fun for them.
The fact that Mick was with him when it happened makes it all the more tragic.
How the heck do you overcome that visually or emotionally?
I recently saw a picture of his daughter wearing a cowgirl hat during a gymkhana event.
She is the 'spitting' image of him...even more so than Mick.

Last edited:
e ancora il n°1.pensare che vinceva con la benetton e l'ha lasciata, per una ferrari che non andava,e l'ha fatta resuscitare.certe sfide solo i veri campioni le accettano e le portano a fine.

I used to despise him back when I watched the up and coming Kaiser (starting from the '94 controversies), but now after all that time I started to look back fondly on the F1 period where he was dominating as well, and my bad feelings subdued and got replaced for admiration for his unquestionable talent behind the wheel. Hope he recoverers one day, although I fear there isn't much hope that we will ever see the old Schumi again. Happy b'day champ.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back