Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Patrick, this is a great enhancement of the original thanks.

But are you aware of a problem with the AI? It is not noticeable on short races or if tyres are reasonably fresh, but if you do a longer race that requires a pit stop, when the AI are on worn tyres, almost every one of them slides into the pit wall as they enter pit lane. Almost half the field are damaged and some retire.

I have fixed this along with a couple of other areas, so they now pit safely and drive just a little cleaner in other places (I've done a few full length races, with default AIW and with my fixed one, using Classics and Extremes, and it helps both these cars so should work with other categories too). I actually made it for an earlier version of the track, but it works fine with this one too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6bbufxobdbna7w/Spain_14.AIW

Cheers :)
Added in the description ;-)

"And, it is fairly clear that my response was aimed at sync issues."

It's clear to YOU because YOUR the one who wrote it.

It isn't clear to to me at all, I was talking with him about the 8th Gear Issue, you could have asked instead of assuming I'd know which one you'd be talking about.

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Mexico 1990 - Mexico for GSCEx

Hi every one.

Here is Mexico 1990.
I am 99% sure it comes from the 1988 track pack from Carrera.4 but I failed to contact him.
Hope he will not be hurted by my conversion. Credits for him on the loading screen anyway.

All the possible stuff added (textures, road surface, etc).

Hope you will like it.

PS : I did not reworked pit entry texture as I wanted due to some problem. Not really disturbing but texture is a bit compact here. Sorry.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Ok guys... Frapp already talked with me in private to clear this up, and although we took it differently... he meant no disrespect.
Just to explain to everyone else... some people have noticed that cars in front will disappear when they use the 8th gear during multiplayer sessions. I for one can honestly say that our league have been using this 2014 mod (Using Reiza Extreme's 8th gear files) and we haven't EVER seen cars disappear due to 8th gear, but occasionally due to lag on the server. (However other people have said they also saw this with the Extreme cars as well as this mod.
Where FraPP made me think he was blaming the issue on this mod was when he said that it's no wonder we'd have issues with a mod that wasn't intended for GSC but rather for rFactor. On that subject - let me make it clear that I did get permission from patrick34 to use his mod, but I ONLY used the visual part of his mod. The sounds, engine file, gearbox file and physics are all using the Reiza Extreme files. So basically the only part I had to regards of this mod, was modifying it's files to be able to piggyback on Reiza's extreme cars' files. Anyway - FraPP didn't even know that this mod isn't stand alone and he obviously didn't know about the 8th gear issue that is a GSC problem either. Which is probably why he came to the conclusion that the mod might be the problem. Anyway... let's please move on... as for using simsync to be able to share this mod and Not providing a direct download link for it is due to the fact that I used to update the mod quite regularly and didn't think people would like to download the full mod every time I changed something small. I also have limited data per month not to mention my pathetic upload speed with iburst... so I bought simsync as a way to help everyone. It also insures me that files aren't copied to the wrong folder by mistake by the users because getting this mod to work the way it does wasn't easy to say the least. I welcome anyone else to try and get a separate mod have 8th gear in GSC. :)
However - I have also been pleading with Reiza to please bring back the multiple qualifying sessions which was introduced in version 1.20 and then removed a few days later in version 1.21.
And I also asked them to allow us the option to apply fuel strategy (Engine modes like codemasters) Not to mention the lack of a dynamic weather system etc. So for now we are considering moving on to Project Cars. But they only have the weather system we'd like. And nothing else... especially when it comes to a true to life Formula 1 championship option. Not blaming them because I understand the FIA license thing.

Anyway... glad we could put this behind us. I will still think about uploading everything we've got so far to do with the 2015 season. We are just waiting to get clarity on how many teams and which skins etc will be used...

Regards

Who is moaning? I never said anything negative about this mod. I whole-heartedly appreciate any work that is shared for free. You can check any forum I post on (NoGrip, RFC, F1 Classic, F1 Clasick, Race4Sim, etc...) and you will NEVER find ANYTHING negative posted about other peoples work. I consistently post appreciations and kudos. I consistently defend modders, and in fact, I defended the original creator of this mod for rF over on F1 Classic. It seems that Patrick starts many mods with good content, but never really sees them through to completion. Find me something negative I said about this mod. I merely stated that, it shouldn't be any surprise that an unfinished mod, created for another game, might cause problems in this game.

Dene Smith wrote: "I can't test this mod as i can't get the latest version to test as the symsync program does not work for me so unless their is another way to get this mod...".

To which SeriousSpy responded: "Oh, and Dene, it's a problem with the engine, it's something Reiza has to fix, not the mod makers." In my mind it is very unclear what that is a response to - could be the 8th gear or it could be the Sim Sync issue.

I asked for clarification: "Forgive me please, but, I don't understand why Reiza Studios should have to fix anything that they didn't produce." and the response I got was even more unclear and actually a bit smarmy. "Because it's a problem with the game, and they're the developers of the game?
Unless you suggest that the mod makers somehow have access to the source code...
" That is what triggered my response. And, it is fairly clear that my response was aimed at sync issues.

I was mistaken about what the source of the complaints was. The fact of the matter is that... in a way I was defending you, as Mr spy seemed to be doing a whole lot of begging for more work. Something I don't do, because I respect the amount of work it takes to produce a mod. It was never my intent to disparage this mod or it's creator/s. Rather my intent was to say ease up on the begging.

So, again, show me where I said anything negative about the quality or content of this mod. Right, there was no moaning or complaining. What there was, was actually a defense of the mod creator/s

Thank you,

FraPP!!!

Obviously a misunderstanding and I'm glad you've cleared it up with Angelq117. I have it as a separate install maybe that's why simsync works fine for me.

Alright then, as stated by Mr Angelq117 I contacted him privately to apologize to him directly. He was more than gracious in his acceptance of my apology.

At this point I would also like to apologize to the group as a whole - I apologize for posting that which could very easily be mistaken for an attack on a great mod. To be 100% honest - yes, I did suggest binning it. There are no fewer than 34 posts about sync issues and approximately 9 about the 8th gear issue. So, I think it is fairly easy to see the basis for my post. I wrongly assumed sync issues rather than the 8th gear bug because of the disproportionate ratio of posts on the one hand as opposed to the other. I have not experienced the 8th gear bug, so, I incorrectly attributed it to the conversion process and the platform from which it was converted. As stated in my post the original rF mod never even achieved a version 1.0 level. The highest evolution of the original mod was v0.94. I suggested binning it because it didn't seem to make sense driving yourself crazy trying to make perfect that which was incomplete at it's best. My mistake.

At SeriousSpy - in a little over 1 month's time you pulled out the begging cup no less than 11 times. Any updates... any updates... before you give up at least do this... can you make this... etc... Do you have any idea how annoying that is? It is annoying to the producer of the mod and it is annoying to people who are looking for information as to how to get the mod sorted. It is the same thing as when people ask for release dates. It will be released when it is released. In post #51 Dene Smith acknowledges the 8th gear bug, he notes that it is written about in the "bug report list" and 33 posts later you choose to inform him of that which he already knows. In his post, the one to which you responded "Oh, and Dene, it's a problem with the engine, it's something Reiza has to fix, not the mod makers." he very clearly and unequivocally states that he is having problems with the sync process. I asked for clarification. Your response was unclear, uninformative, childish and smart-assed - "Because it's a problem with the game, and they're the developers of the game?
Unless you suggest that the mod makers somehow have access to the source code...".
As evidenced by your post (#96), you refuse to even entertain the possibility that you response to Dene Smith was unclear. The first 6 lines of my now famously divisive post are dedicated to the sync process. Dene Smith's complaint was with regard to the sync process. I'm guessing that you are either: very young at best, or if not, immature for your age at the worst. At any of the afore mentioned forums that I visit you would not last long at all. You might rethink your posting etiquette.

Ok, I gave this mod a go last night - Very Impressive! I had sync issues as well. I used a separate install, turned off my anti-spyware and ran the sync. The mod had definitely installed, but the cars did not show up. I keep a "lite" version of GSC for all my different installs - All cars except Fvee removed from the Vehicles folder and Locations folder removed altogether as I use a central locations folder for all installs. I did grab the F Extreme folder from one of my other installs and pasted into this install. I changed each veh file to reiza11(F Extreme) and there it was. Thank you for this great mod - I said what??????????? I then synced the DTM mod and track pack. Same thing nothing. Modified the veh files to point to the vacant Mini slot(reiza5) and... Yes the DTM mod Is the Schizness!

Thank you Angelq117 for all your effort - definitely worth it. And again I apologize for the misunderstanding.

FraPP!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%