Mexican Grand Prix: Friday Practice Result

Finally Max gets a penalty. He escaped so often in previous races...
Now they are all over Vettel for his bad language...
OK was not the best words ever but guess what, the guys is driving a F1 car since 70 laps, fight for the podium and guess what... he lost his temper... so what ?

That's good to have a bit of excitement in F1. Other than that and the removal of Max from the cool room live on TV, the race was boring as usual. Almost fell asleep..

c81ba6b0a3e3a5d4176e8e3b7e4b641b.gif

How's this not moving under Braking?
He did not position his car directly in front of a competitor under braking. This is more squeezing a driver in the braking zone.

He did not position his car directly in front of a competitor under braking. This is more of squeezing a driver in the braking zone.

Its moving under braking something they want to avoid, its the same thing bud. No idea why you guys trying to justify this.:D

I don't mind the penalty of Max tbh, but i do have a problem with the inconsistency of the stewards in which they apply penalties for similar situations. And i have seen quite a bit of inconsistency last couple of races.

Just let hem race!

Its moving under braking something they want to avoid, its the same thing bud. No idea why you guys trying to justify this.:D

I don't mind the penalty of Max tbh, but i do have a problem with the inconsistency of the stewards in which they apply penalties for similar situations. And i have seen quite a bit of inconsistency last couple of races.

Just let hem race!
I mean fair enough if Vettel does get penalized for it its up to the stewards not us remember. This is just a place to have a friendly discussion and i do agree with you on the inconsistency of the stewards lately. I think they should have one set of stewards week in week out to make sure the outcome is exactly the same in all instants of penalties.

I don't mind Verstappen's penalty at all as well, this time it was deserved. But I think Vettel should be punished for the rule he wanted to be implemented..

And looking at Hamilton it's best to completely miss the first corner, drive through the grass and gain some advantage.. apparently it's not punishable in the first corner.. if I do the same in any race game I receive a penalty...

I wish there would still be gravel..

Oh, and Vettel saying Charlie Whiting should f*** off... What about that?!

It's ridiculous that Hamiltion don't get a Penalty there at first corner. It was his own mistake, no one forced him off the track. If he tried to get the corner, maybe some driver could have passed him.
Incredible that he got through with this. Why does a circuit have corners?

The Vettel/Ricciardo incident is confounded by the presence of Max's car. I think on a clear track, it's clear that Vettel "squeezed" at minimum - which frankly hasn't been punished consistently, if at all. I think Ferrari would argue that Max should've ceded the position to begin with, thus Vettel was repositioning his car once he figured out Max wasn't going to let him pass. In any case, I'm glad they are letting them race a bit

Great race from Lewis to keep the championship alive. I thought his first corner excursion would draw some attention, but since the two cars behind collided and he let them catch back up I guess race control didn't think he gained an advantage.

You know what the most funny thing is about this all, Mercedes won the race but Max is the talk of the day again. That little brat is stirring up the establishment. :p
It has not been released officially by the FIA But on the twitterverse it seems Vettel might have gotten a 10 second time penalty and 2 points on his license.

---OFFICIAL---

https://twitter.com/F1/status/792878668737490945

Last edited:
And what about Max colliding with Rosberg at turn 2 ? talking about consistency.... ?
He also almost crashed in him later in the race on a suicidal try to pass him. That one would have been a championship decider on top of that. Imagine he takes Rosberg out of the race....

I think Vettel pays his "kind words" to the race director as well.

Regarding Hamilton, I hear Alain Prost yesterday on french TV havign the hypothesis that there was no investigation on Hamilton's cut at turn 1 because of the safety car right away, cancelling effectively the advantage. He also said: the interesting thing would be to ask Charlie W. if there would be no safety car at that moment, would there be an investigation and a potential penalty ?

To summarize: the race was 100% boring. Only these few moments and the after race brought a bit of excitement...
WTF F1? Seriously ....

Indeed, let's not try to overtake anymore because you can potentially crash into a championship contender.
Lol
That's no what I said...
You have to do it clean (which by the way were the words of Max's engineer few laps before: "keep it clean behind Rosberg"
What Max did was not clean.

Max has cut whole corner. He was told to move by his own team. He didn't and stuck there, how do you say? Sitting duck? He was F sleeping duck, thats what he was. We know why. At least those who understand racing more. And yeah, it wasnt right, it was smart it was dirty it was selfish, but okay, we are used to that little ignorant and arrogant (bleep) after all "he said he would have pushed anyone if it wasnt Ricciardo" in Malaysia. What can one expect from that little spoiled child?

Later he says "it wasn't official" regarding the incident in Turn1 and i wonder, who the hell he think he is? I mean, he cannot be that smart & others stupid when they give away the position, or others have bigger common sense, his own team told him to move and he doesn't. Houston! We have a problem.

Protected? Confirmative.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back