Mexican Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Mexican Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Vote now for your 'Driver of the Day' from the Mexican Grand Prix.

Five wins for Verstappen, five titles for Hamilton, a dogged fight from Vettel and plenty more performances of note further down the field - who do you think deserves the award of RaceDepartment Mexican Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'?

Let us know your thoughts below, and in the poll above!

• Deleted member 113561

Daniel Ricciardo, for taking pole in his "modified" Red Bull (modified to lose)

I think you gotta go Max. I had my fears/doubts about his psychological state going into the race, but he was ice cold today and dominated.

Keep in mind this is coming from a Ricciardo fan: I think Dan is getting out just in time, as I really believe - though he'd never admit it - Max is starting to get in his head. Back when Max was having bad luck and/or youthful indiscretions every other race, it looked for all the world like Dan had him covered...but I think that was an illusion. Now that Max seems to be starting to assert himself, I think the writing is on the wall - if Dan were to stay at RB, he would be second fiddle to Max based purely on speed. That is why, again as a Ricciardo fan, I support and understand his move to Renault. It's risky, but RB is a known dead end for him at this point.

I think you gotta go Max. I had my fears/doubts about his psychological state going into the race, but he was ice cold today and dominated.

Keep in mind this is coming from a Ricciardo fan: I think Dan is getting out just in time, as I really believe - though he'd never admit it - Max is starting to get in his head. Back when Max was having bad luck and/or youthful indiscretions every other race, it looked for all the world like Dan had him covered...but I think that was an illusion. Now that Max seems to be starting to assert himself, I think the writing is on the wall - if Dan were to stay at RB, he would be second fiddle to Max based purely on speed. That is why, again as a Ricciardo fan, I support and understand his move to Renault. It's risky, but RB is a known dead end for him at this point.

Max didnt even race today. You cant compare Daniel cause he didnt even had a car to finish a race. Good start from Lewis and Daniel got stuck behind him thats all that hapened today.

Last edited:
Agree!! Like I said Max didnt even race today. We saw a good start from Lewis and that was it.
Indeed, Max was so fast, he didn't have to race..
Ricciardo was losing out at the start, and losing another 0.3s/lap.
And what about last year? When it seemed Verstappen had the bad car all the time?

I just think Renault can't deliver consistent quality of their engine parts.
Next year could be horrible for Ricciardo. Again that horrendous Renault engine, and Hülkenberg would want to show what he's really capable of: "beating a top rated driver". And I think the Hulk can.. probably the second best driver not in a top team, after Alonso

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years