Mexican Grand Prix Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

Vettel. All Max has done is have another kamikaze start (which legality was questionable, at best. Once again) and the rest was so-so - Ocon did great, Hulk once again, until Renault fail on him, once again. Kevin was also nice surprise, compared to the rest of his season at least. Stroll only ONE vote ? Oh Racedepartment...

I'm not much of a supporter for Max because of previous instances, but he was as clean as could be, taking advantage of a mediocre start from Vettel. Seems like you need to be a bit more unbiased in your opinion if you're going to critique any racing.

Vettel is a far away third. He did well to get back up into the points and finish where he did. Must say, when things go wrong for him, I don't like the negative attitude he puts out there, just my opinion.

Max for me was the second best in this race. He took the lead, and then stamped his authority in the race. No one was ever going to touch him here, even if Vettel and Hamiltion didn't have any issues. I'm 100% confident in that.

By far the most eclipsing showdown of the race, the most excitement I have felt all season, was Alonso vs. Hamilton for that 2/3rds of a lap. That was class, determination, and expertise from both drivers. If we have more of that next season, what a season it will be.

That's why Alonso is my pic for driver of the day.

Vettel. All Max has done is have another kamikaze start (which legality was questionable, at best. Once again) and the rest was so-so - Ocon did great, Hulk once again, until Renault fail on him, once again. Kevin was also nice surprise, compared to the rest of his season at least. Stroll only ONE vote ? Oh Racedepartment...
Explain why the move wasn't legal?
Because he went outside in T1 where Vettel hit his bargeboards, and inside in T2, where Vettel his rear wheel and after that Vettel hit Hamilton...

Of overtaking has become illegal let's make a parade

For once, I voted Magnussen....because he was doing way better than Vettel or everybody else with the machinery he had and looking at the awful qually.

I can't believe what I am reading here!:mad: Kamikaze start from Max? Have you really seen the start? Wasn't it Vettel who hit Verstappen and Hamilton with his front wing, damaging his own front wing and creating the tire puncture with Hamilton. It was Vettel who made this race less exciting this way, because only he and Hamilton could have given Verstappen a run for his money, which could have been a great fight.

I voted Danny RIC. He came from last to like 8th in 5 laps. On a circuit known to b e difficult to overtake on.

Would love to watch his entire race again.

I'm a big fan of Max but on this occasion I had to also vote for Kevin Magnussen . Considering Haas , by their own admission , said that it would be a disastrous race for them then eighth by Kevin was fantastic .

Ok, my mistake everyone. I admit it.
Didn't realize you'll all be this pissed off.
It wasn't exactly "kamikaze start", bad choice of the words.
Proper expression would be "kamikaze dive into turn one", his classic "I'll close my eyes and pray for the best" attitude. In turn two he got inside line and ..that was it. Only that Vettel was thinking on bigger picture they two didn't collide, then would he been penalized, then would his father again posted "shame on you FIA" and then you would come here and maybe admit that he could perhaps... done things bit differently.
For me, personally, it was enough that he's screwing both Lewis and Vettel's race and screw the championship fight. I wasn't waiting to see if Max could win Mexican gp, I was waiting to see fight for title. But silly me...

Yeah, I really hate the guy....
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...verstappen-penalty.142759/page-3#post-2608262
guess that's why I was actually defending him from YOUR attacks.

A simple apology would be enough. :giggle:

To be fair, I really couldn't decide what to choose for DotD...
There is an option of Verstappen, but knowing his speed (from Q) his victory after stuff happened in Lap 1 was very much obvious. He deserved DotD much more in USA - that was a spectacular drive.
There's an option for Vettel - after all the drama in the first few corners and his interesting turn-in (might be he overcalculated his speed since he already had damage (hence the rear step-up when he started accelerating), but not defending him this time - that was a strange racing incident) he still managed to recover up to 4th, overtaking some speedy drivers in the straights - job done okay, but oh well, title lost.
Another option could be Stroll - how he managed to get Williams up to 6th I have no idea...
I was also considering Ericsson since he also had quite a good race, but sadly, he didn't finish...
In the end, I give it to Alonso - with that quite sh*tty McLaren Honda (The DREAMS of POWER!) managed to earn a single point after he lost a nice battle against Hamilton for 9th in the final laps of the race... In a POWER track.

Regarding praise the Stroll and bashing Massa, something's actually happened there... didn't Massa gone twice in pits (first time very early) and Stroll only once ? :cautious:

Ok, my mistake everyone. I admit it.
Didn't realize you'll all be this pissed off.
It wasn't exactly "kamikaze start", bad choice of the words.
Proper expression would be "kamikaze dive into turn one", his classic "I'll close my eyes and pray for the best" attitude. In turn two he got inside line and ..that was it. Only that Vettel was thinking on bigger picture they two didn't collide, then would he been penalized, then would his father again posted "shame on you FIA" and then you would come here and maybe admit that he could perhaps... done things bit differently.
For me, personally, it was enough that he's screwing both Lewis and Vettel's race and screw the championship fight. I wasn't waiting to see if Max could win Mexican gp, I was waiting to see fight for title. But silly me...

Yeah, I really hate the guy....
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...verstappen-penalty.142759/page-3#post-2608262
guess that's why I was actually defending him from YOUR attacks.

A simple apology would be enough. :giggle:
Ok, you made me watch the start over and over and over again, but sorry.. I don't see this "kamikaze dive into turn one". Just watch this onboard footage of the start:
And about the championship fight. I think that was already over before the race started. Vettel (Ferrari) did not score enough points over the last few races. I was just sad that a race incident at the start (these things happen) destroyed the tension/excitement of the race.

Last edited:
Verstappen ofc!
But yeah Alsono fighting with Hamilton was nearly the only good action there was.
btw Hamilton not being able to overtake the slow cars was kinda funny, Is the Mercedes really so bad when it doesnt have clean bit of air.

the back difusser on the right side was broken off they showed it after the race .

Ok, you made me watch the start over and over and over again, but sorry.. I don't see this "kamikaze dive into turn one". Just watch this onboard footage of the start:
And about the championship fight. I think that was already over before the race started. Vettel (Ferrari) did not score enough points over the last few races. I was just sad that a race incident at the start (these things happen) destroyed the tension/excitement of the race.
Ok mate, thanks.
I admit that after looking it from all angles and in super slow mo... things looking a bit different now. A bit. :D
Vetell should be a lot more aware of championship, he should let Max go and I'm pretty sure he could catch him later in race. Lewis could be also a bit more aware of situation but he was in much better situation - championship wise.

The only excitement left for the last 2 races: will Haas be able to pass Renault, and will Toro Rosso be able to hold on to their 6th place with their rookie drivers? I root for the underdogs :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back