• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Metalmoro MR18 Endurance @ Spielberg GP - Fri 10 July 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Nox, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +386
    Dont forget that I am racing tonight!!

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett

Ratings:
    +880
    @Nox - Sorry can't twisted right ankle on Tuesday, so taking it easy on driving for a few days.

3. Sharjeel

Sharjeel
    Being 2nd is to be the 1st of the ones who lose.

Ratings:
    +178
    can i still jump in, mate?

4. videvfr

videvfr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    not too late to sign up ?

5. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +502
    Massive apologies to @Joao Fernandes.:notworthy:
    Not sure if it was 'red mist' or damage from being knocked off track? Hit the breaks and the car snapped right, straight into you!:unsure: Again sorry for messing up you race, hope you recovered. I apologised over TS, but went off in a sulk before typing an apology.
    Sorry to all that took part and @Nox for organising.
    Totally 'unprofessional'....................so 'til next time!?!:O_o:

• Like Like x 1
  6. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,565
    Man, not gonna lie. I hate this car now. Especially if it does something completely unexpected 1,2hours into the race. Next GSCE event will be in an easier car for me :) Thanks for the event Andrew!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,330
    I learnt that I really dislike this track :D

Thanks for racing all. The start procedure was spot on, so thanks for that too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium

Ratings:
    +873
    First time I didn˙t listen my gutts how much fuel I have to put in my car and one lap before finish line my fuel tank was dry like Sahara desert. 143 litres wasn˙t enough, 150 as I wanted to fill would be just fine to finish that race. ... put any ugly word here, because I know, I must listen just myself ... but nobody understand me, so good anyway: jebemogoh ejga, ebenti prazn tank!!!
    ;)

It was fun guys, some nice battles and gentle fights, thank you all :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes

Ratings:
    +425
    @Mark Breslin no problem mate. I knew something wrong had happened because it was a sudden impact. No big damage to my car. :thumbsup:

A great race with excitement until the end. Great battles from start to finish.
    Thank you for a nice evening. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tal

Tal

Ratings:
    +427
    Indeed... I was mocking Matej for being too cautious about taking 150 litres of fuel... and in the end I DNFed because I ran out of fuel.
    The race was epic up until something happened with Mark and Matej, up until then Calum, Mark and I were having a great three-way battle. After that it was just a matter of trying to keep Calum behind, who was really fast. As I saw him getting close in the mirrors I opted to pit, and after that it was just banging in quali lap after quali lap until I was sure I covered him when he pitted (which I managed to do). I kept going after that, but very soon my mindset went from "I'm about to win this" to "I might not finish this" because I noticed my fuel won't last to the end (took 132 litres). Calum went past easily with me lift-and-coasting and short-shifting all over. Then I noticed in the timing LCD that Matej wasn't gaining any time on me even though I was REALLY slowing down. He ended up DNFing before I did. On the last lap, After turn two my fuel meter showed a very official "0". So I switched off the engine and let the decent do the acceleration. When I switched the engine back on at turns 4-5, I managed to get to the exit of turn 5 when the engine shut down completely. Needless to say anyone left driving went past me as I was cruising along the hill. I managed to reach the top of it, but just as it started dropping back down (all the way to the finish line too!) the car came to its final resting place (so it was stuck on the apex). I wanted to get out and push, but no such functionality :( So I sat there a little bit, while the last driver passed me. And then reluctantly called it quits.
    Even though I didn't finish the race, I just have this epic feeling left over from that race, just because it ended that way...

• Like Like x 4
  11. Chark

Chark

Ratings:
    +518
    I know very few people will agree with me, but the only word I have for this race is exactly what @Tal said: epic!

Yes, the cars were mostly awful and unpredictable. Yes, the track is hard (although I love it personally). Yes, many problems appeared en route. But hell yeah I had fun. :) I've never feel this satisfied after a long race.

These cars, depsite being very strange to drive (to say the least) and having pretty high top speeds, allow a lot of close racing, like not a lot of other ones could. If you had a similar pace as someone else, the draft would allow both of the drivers to pass each other again and again. That happened twice to me, with @EireGreen™ during the first stint, and with @Joao Fernandes during the second one. From pit exit to lap 60, that was wheel to wheel, fair, close racing (a second away from each other to the max). Awesome, mate! :thumbsup:

In the end, I need to say again that I love in these endurances events. There is a lot that can determine and shape your failure or success. Going for a stable setup over a fast one might prevent most of the mistakes. Pitting later (knowing that the tyres would last) allows some fast laps while everyone else has a refilled tank. Letting by much faster drivers on another strategy will help in the end, even if it seems against the basics of racing. I could go on and on, my point is that I love the fact that so many elements are getting involved in a (sim) race.

Congratulations to @Calum McLure for the win, to @Tal for an examplary race (apart from a few liters), to @Matej Lakota and @Mark Breslin for their crazy pace. Congrats to all the finishers, but also to everyone involved and that had to quit. I hope to see this kind of races again! :)

P.S.: thanks a lot to @Matej Lakota for his setup and to @Mark Breslin for the adjustments he advised. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,330
    So you enjoyed that long race, eh chaps? Oh, good news, we have a 60 lap (approx 90-100 minute) race next Friday at the Nurburgring! Go sign up!

13. Franco Becagli

Franco Becagli

Ratings:
    +53
    sorry, but wrong set up loaded, impossible to drive:mad:

14. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye?

Ratings:
    +2,910
    Thanks for the race guys, was really enjoyable, especially the first stint with the few battles I had with Tal, Mark & Matej. Surprised only 3-4 people finished!

These were nice cars to drive, I think the problems a lot of people had was set up related as I was having the same issues until I sorted my suspension.

Was nice to get my first win as well(in a RWD car at least), was really surprised by the pace I had, something just seemed to click after qualifying.

Thanks for organizing Andrew :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  15. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium

Ratings:
    +873
    Calum, in the last part of the race your pace was unbelevable. We fought hard for 2nd and then I said to myself, I will let you go for about two seconds without disturbing you, so we can both catch Tal, but suddenly, after some laps, your gap raised from one to five seconds. After our pitstops your speed was even higher, so really great drive :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye?

Ratings:
    +2,910
    Cheers Matej, appreciated :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.