rF2 Metalmoro MR1 Prototype@Toban RP Medium - 14Jan18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jamie

APIA RACING
1236224258_preview_MR1_3 (1).jpg
Welcome back to the New Year rFactor 2 fans and what a way to greet 2018. A pumped up little beast from the boys from Brasil. This is a kart with grunt and wings. Can it handle...you bet... sticks to the track like a chewy to a blanket. Perfectly made for bumper to bumper action.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM AU #1
Cars: Metalmoro MR1 Prototype (download)
Track: Toban RP Medium ( download )

Sunday 14/01/18
Practice:
20:00 AEDT(15 minutes) 09:00 GMT
Qualifying: 20:15 AEDT (15 minutes) 09:15 GMT
Warmup: 20:30 AEDT (5 minutes) 09:30 GMT
Race 1: 20:35 AEDT (25 minutes) 09:35 GMT
Warmup: 20:55 AEDT (5 minutes) 10:00 GMT
Race 2: 21:00 AEDT (25 minutes) 10:05 GMT

Entry List
  1. Tony (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Jamie
  3. Shawn Jacobs
  4. alexSchmurtz
  5. Steve Le Gallez
  6. Jeremy Talbot
  7. Matt
  8. Kevin Harris
  9. Stephen Gibb
  10. Damien van de Velde
  11. Sean
  12. Pappa_G_27
  13. FeltHat
  14. newtonpg
  15. Sun Levi
  16. beorn2
  17. Kenny Herremans
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot

Last edited by a moderator:
What seems to be the issue? Are you running vsync?

Just bought it the other day, so still trying to work out optimal settings for my graphics card! Running triples and a gtx1060 means i have to run things pretty low, but I still cant stop the stuttering even when the frame rate is ok. Trying a few more different settings to see if i can work it out. Any tips would be ace!

As for vsync, i cant find it in rf2. Is that the sync item in the vid settings? and if so which one do I set to?

Just bought it the other day, so still trying to work out optimal settings for my graphics card! Running triples and a gtx1060 means i have to run things pretty low, but I still cant stop the stuttering even when the frame rate is ok. Trying a few more different settings to see if i can work it out. Any tips would be ace!

As for vsync, i cant find it in rf2. Is that the sync item in the vid settings? and if so which one do I set to?
Yeah in video settings from the launcher under sync, set it to video. I'm on triples with a 1070 and get micro stutters all the time if I don't have vsync on.

Also shadows give fps a major hit, turning them off makes a massive difference.

Yeah in video settings from the launcher under sync, set it to video. I'm on triples with a 1070 and get micro stutters all the time if I don't have vsync on.

Also shadows give fps a major hit, turning them off makes a massive difference.

Thanks that definitely helped! Care sharing your vid/graphics settings? I am guessing i will have to go a notch down from yours. Also do you use in game AA, or set it in Nvidia inspector?

Thanks that definitely helped! Care sharing your vid/graphics settings? I am guessing i will have to go a notch down from yours. Also do you use in game AA, or set it in Nvidia inspector?
I'm playing around with VR a bit at the moment so I've lowered things a bit.

Off the top of my head basically everything on medium, and x8 in in game graphics settings, you can probably up track details and texture to high. Special effects medium.

I don't use pp in launcher settings and am running aa X2.

I haven't played around in NVIDIA settings, it was another fps killer when rf2 was dx9, not sure if that is still the case now it's dx11, but yeah I just leave them alone.

These setting are quite conservative but with 40 cars on track at night in the rain the last thing you want is slow downs and stuttering lol

If you're up for making tweaks in the player text file he's a couple more optimisation tips thanks to Enzo Fazzi

"Lowering detail of cars in the garage:
In the player.json file, search for "Garage Detail". Default is 0.5, I set it to 0.01.

Lowering detail of cars on track, while keeping the liveries clear:
In the player.json file, search for "Opponent Detail" and make sure it looks like the following:
"Opponent Detail":1,
"Opponent Texture Override":3
This lowers the detail of the actual car model, while keeping the livery at high quality.

Maximum number of headlights:
Search for "Max headlights" in the player.json file
Change to whatever you want, I personally have it at 50, which is plenty. Default is 256.

Rear view mirror render distance:
Search for "Rearview_Back_Clip" in the player.json file. The number is the render distance in meters.

Issues with stuttering/screen freezes:
Incase you have issues with stuttering or freezing, search for "Use Thread" in controller.json and set it to true. It had no impact on performance in my case."

Also in the launcher there's a driver name change in the top right from memory where you can update your player name.

Thanks for the help and advice Shawn and Matt. I found a forum post with those changes suggested by Enzo and had already implemented some of it.

Anyway managed to get it running without any stutters now using the sync and with the in game graphics settings all very low. GPU running at 55%, so i will start turning things back up and see how i go. Currently running with PP low and AA x4, so might try lowering those and lifting the in game settings, and see what looks and performs best.

Hopefully get a chance to run some practice laps tonight once i get all this this optimised.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back