Messing with my .plr file .. looking for in-depth info

Hey. Me again with yet another question.
I've started messing with my .plr file. Lots of cool options in there. Very nice.
I'm looking for some more in-depth info on what various settings do, and how to use them or NOT use them.
I've noticed all on my own that if I set environment map to 1, the game sets it back to 0. Sadly. The same is true for "Shadows in TV cockpit", whatever that is. (what IS it?)
Does the Pitcrew Detail option actually DO anything? Like actually enable a pitcrew? (are there any mods that put in a pit-crew? that'd be sweet)
One specific thing I'm wondering about is a few settings -- the smoke, rain, spark flow settings-- where the 'tip' thing says "Add to enable" with options of 1 and 2 for "own car" and "other cars" respectively. Does that mean that to get BOTH I would set it to 3 ? Besides which, is it really even a noticeable effect? How hard does it hit framerates?

Many of the options will revert to default after changing them as they are not available in the game. You can't enable pit crew, that like many of the options are left over from GTR2. Thats as much as I know.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%