Resource icon

Tracks Merika (Oval) 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Remco Majoor submitted a new resource:

Merika (oval) - Fantasy relatively short oval

First drivable version of my first project. It's very basic and a lot will be added along the road.

Feedback about the racing surface and other things highly appreciated. I want to improve my work and track building skill.

Ma4kuVE.jpg
FiD7T5w.jpg

ISZTOIM.jpg
BJxLWat.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Very Early Alpha Review:
Corners could use a little bit more banking, I feel that they are not banked enough up to 12-15 degrees. Also the edges of where you start banking and when you start going back to the straight (start corner, midcorner and end corner) are a bit rough, corners themselfes are great, with only a few slight bumps which are not too serious, good first start.

I quite like it... oval fans will like it too. Ricardo is right about the little bumps in/out of the corners, just need some smoothening ;)
Banking indeed might be a bit more degree, maybe even 1 corner more banking than the other. Adding a yellow/white (pin) stripe on the left and near the wall might help following the perfect line.
Adding distance displays might help braking points.
Nice start indeed, this could be something :thumbsup:

Also some more lines on the infield to and from pitlane.
But that is just a minor thing to consider now. I guess it is best to firstly finish the track, then work on the layout and last but certainly not least the tribunes and surroundings! :p
If only I knew how to do modeling I'd help you out ;)

0.2 Review:
Bumps in the corners are perfectly smoothened out. Tracks feels very good. As you stated before on the forums you are planning to release more ovals, I recommend for the next oval a bit larger, just a bit, and much higher corners, maybe even keep a slight elevation on the straights.
For this track, I think it is time to work on the infield, pitlines etc, and the surroundings, Tribunes, a starter position and just for the show some lights along the track showing green or yellow as seen on ovals in merika. Then think about textures, maybe a track logo, brake marks, rubber trails etc.
Good job for a first track ;)

Remco Majoor updated Merika (Oval) with a new update entry:

Merika speedway

0.4 - Added non-working flag lights
- Updated pit and apron textures
- Added wall paint
- Added 1 working camera (in T4). Will work on this more for the enxt update

I am working on AI lines and such while also working on track side objects. I've got someone to help me on the objects (he did the lights).

Help on the AI and cameras would be great (PM me if you want to help).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing