Merging of tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people think merging of tracks is the biggest missing feature as well as it should be a serious candidate to a next major release in BTB future ? We always heard about that feature missing and I don't know how many times I've read post about that in the suggestion thread...That being said, I would like to know who agree with it ?

By opening this, I don't want to make any pressure, but just open a general discussion about it, so you can write your tips on how to build it easier using the current tool as well as some suggestions about tweaking it further.

On the other hand, there is some unanswered questions floating in the air. Is it going to be released someday ? What are the limitation problems that make it so hard to implement ? I've heard about that loft function issue but never had a concrete answer...I think there is nothing bad about talking on the subject, so we can help each other. Nothing offensive. :skywalker:

Well Jay, I feel your pain ... Since I have been playing with BTB since it first came out as a DEMO!

I know how the joining of tracks work ... I can do it Piddy's way and do ... I find it a poor solution that is only temporary at best ... It would be fine if you didn't wind up with texture flicker in game. and the only way to eliminate that is once your done with the track in BTB is to fix it in SimED or 3DMax ....

Sad thin is you never can bring it back into BTB.

I don't wis to get on Brendon's bad side ...

But I have probably been the most outspoken person about Terrain right from the beginning ...

I have also been one of the biggest track developers since BTB has been released and always praised it and defended it.

But ,,, I see lots of cool stuff being developed and added ... but ... I still have been waiting fot the main essentials ,,, To me, Track and Terrain are the most important tings that BYB does faster and simplier than any other 3d proggie out there .... but the rest is like was stated earlier ... 3rd party stuff...

Don't get me wrong .... I love BTB and that it is becoming a complete package.

But I am kind of disapointed that BTB for rFactor is not done yet and now there are new flavors coming in to the mix .... I just want to see one BTB version finished ...

That is the one I originally bought .... the one made for rFactor.

I have no problems with new developments ...

or different version for different race simes ....

Just that some of us have been waiting a long time.

I have been patient longer than most here with exception of maybe a couple.

Now if you all want to take this out of context and start flaming me too ... go ahead ... I'm thick skined.

i dont see track merging as a huge problem, it is possiblle to do with a very small effort once you've done like 20 cross sections...its piece of cake...

i would rather like to see some 1st signs of track/road ''blending''
sort of like you can blend and color terrain now...

but then again piddy's comment about track merging that it would slow down btb for about 1/5th gets me unsure, couse its probablly the same for blending....

yup...i checked ''yes'' for merging tracks....but after finding out that this would slow down btb so much-no thanks...(you're ugly *****)
its easy enough to do it with the current version...

Many of us have problems in life and I am truly sorry for your health problems. It does appear you have more to worry about than just merging tracks.

That said, it’s not really acceptable to keep posting over and over again like this. Please show some restraint and perhaps get some time away from BTB and these forums.

I communicate far more than most developers do, but it’s simply not possible to answer all questions to everyone’s personal satisfaction. Nor do I feel it necessary to explain and justify my development decisions. If you feel BTB doesn’t meet your needs, you are quite free to use other tools.

My current obligations are to fulfil the BTB features I have listed here http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/faq.aspx#q6 and a couple of ideas that I have mentioned in video clips. Beyond that, anything else added to BTB is a bonus.

I do intend to improve BTB well beyond that, but intentions are just dreams yet to be made into reality. I have many pages of dreams but I make no promises they will come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%