Mercedes to Run Dramatic New Colour Scheme in F1?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Mercedes AMG New Livery.jpg

Mercedes could be about to reveal a dramatic new livery design for their 2019 Formula One challenger, having teased a shot of the new car earlier today on social media.

The Silver Arrows have maintained the rather straightforward predominantly corporate silver livery design since returning to Formula One for the start of the 2010 racing season, however prior to the new car launch later this month, the most dominant Grand Prix team in recent memory have hinted that 2019 could see a substantial visual change for the reigning World Champion squad.

Stating that "Silver is so last year" and attaching what appears to be a close up image of the front wing from the new W10 Formula One car, could this be an indication of change in design for Mercedes AMG team, or is it simply an indication that the Brackley team plan to run in a special test livery for the upcoming Barcelona pre-season test season?

Mercedes Livery Tweet.jpg

Mercedes are set to reveal the W10 of Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas on February 13th, where the British team will shakedown the new car at Silverstone prior to heading off to a hopefully warm Barcelona to begin pre-season testing ahead of the new season.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I for one hope it is a testing livery or maybe a one-off because personally, I really like the kind of stealthy silver look of the Mercs over the last couple of years. The changes in livery may have been only subtle but I do really appreciate them and the livery has come a really long way since 2010.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%