Mercedes Team Members Held at Gunpoint in Brazil

I love how brazillians bash our country um every way they can. Impressive.

Want to buy a gun, do it. There are plenty of easy ways to get one legally here. O don't own one because it is not needed imo. It isn't losing a ****ing mobile phone that will turn me broke and I've never been robbed anyway. You need to know where you are and be prepared for it as anywhere in the world.

São Paulo is a ridicously huge city and there are people of various intents. Most GPs are away from crowded areas and have less issues with it being close to a "dangerous" area. The FIA or whatever F1 body should give accordingly warnings related to each area. The Interlagos area at night has some kind of risk and precautions should be taken.

And please don't blame corrupt government, taxes and blablabla. São Paulo had plenty of opportunities and attracted a lot of people and is a major economic landmark. With money comes robbers as well and F1 is oh well.

So we either start doing countryside GPs or it will keep on happening.

Also @Paul Jeffrey I wouldnt consider a 8 year spread of robberies a constant issue. Really tendentious comment there.

Last but not least selling Interlagos to the private initiative won't be held back by taxes and dollars. If the situation was as bad as brazillians make it look no international company would come here and let alone be successful right. The GP adds around 200 million dollars to the local economy and I'm sure trade price won't change much for anyone here.

Imagine how much that tech is worth for other teams, even car manufacturers, for a moment I thought gunpoint was a nightclub or something.

Last edited:
Regardless, there should be a response from Brazilian authorities regarding the prevention of those issues. It always happens at the same place in São Paulo which is the route between the track and the hotel, so they should act accordingly.

At least its not another Ryan Lochte story. Anything from Central America to the tip of South America is like being in the Wild Wild West. Sounds like these teams need more Security.

Those Mercedes laptops might hold some valuable information that others would pay a price for
Not to suggest that Honda or Renault would stoop that low, but similar shady dealings have happened in the past.
Otherwise, very extreme actions for relatively small plunder.

Senna is dead. F1 needs to pull out of 3rd world trash countries. NO excuse for this.

What an elaborate flow of thoughts! So to you country is synonymous with government and/or its people. Interesting. :)))

I wonder why first world countries have an interest in third world countries even existing in the first place. Which might be a pretty big dilemma for some of us.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back