Mercedes Team Members Held at Gunpoint in Brazil

Tipical comment of people that love to put the blame on others instead of changing themselves. Our situation is 100% our fault.
Really a situation is never 100% someones fault if you're trying to be purely analytical about. Life isn't that black and white. There are numerous factors that play into how a situation might be today or tomorrow. I get what you're trying to say though, but could have been articulated better.

Really a situation is never 100% someones fault if you're trying to be purely analytical about. Life isn't that black and white. There are numerous factors that play into how a situation might be today or tomorrow. I get what you're trying to say though, but could have been articulated better.
Whenever you have all the possibilities to change and you dont do it it starts being your fault. And we did have all time and chances to change and do the right thing for the past 30+ years but we didnt. We had people warning all this time about how bad it would go in the future and we didn't listen. And some are still not listening them, thinking it's all conspiracy theory.
Our fault and our fault only.
There was no reason to "articulate better" what I said was simple enough for anyone to understand. And I'm talking with intelligent people, hopefully.
Nuff said.

Life is all about opportunity, and this is rare in brazil. So is not right to blame only the brazilians. There is corruption in a gigantic level inside, but a lot comes from outside, we saw a bit of it in the Snowden scandal. It is a 3rd world contry ****ed by international sanctions.
By the way, is safer having a gun pointed to your face then driving the cars VW, CHEVY, FIAT, etc sells in Brazil. Around 20k (in US dollar) for cars that has no ABS, TC, stability control and overall pathetic scores in colision tests.

10xxqo.jpg

Remember folks: defending yourself is evil and criminals are the victim not you. Welcome to Huehue land and please come back in the future (if you leave it alive). :thumbsup:

Senna is dead. F1 needs to pull out of 3rd world trash countries. NO excuse for this.

brazil is a **** hole
Disgraceful attitudes .

Brazil pays the same fees to FIA as other countries. Do you think our social and economics* problems makes us inferior and not worthy to have a F1 race?

I agree, there're no excuses for this. As a brazilian I hate this as much as anyone else and feel shame. But we love the sport, we're proud of Interlagos and the fact that we stage F1 races for 35 years.

*due to politics corruption

The FIA specializes in catering to nations who pay them the most, whether that's blood money or profits from terroism. They would go to North Korea if the money was right.

As an American, I feel sorry for Brazilians because they are still ruled by a corrupt, power-drunk regime that ignores the will of the people. Fortunately, corrupt politicians here have not confiscated our guns due to the 2nd Amendment, so we can still shoot back, and often do (except in cities like Chicago and D.C., where guns are illegal to carry). Gun deaths in states that allow concealed carry laws have dropped massively since the 1990s. It's not to hard to figure out why.

These hypocritical, fully armed, and fully protected worshipers of state power will then strip you of all rights to defend yourself while they loot the national treasury and lie to you about why you are being killed, and then progress to killing you themselves if you resist too much.

In 2005, a majority of Brazil's population voted against banning the sale of guns and ammunition to civilians in a in a referendum. However, the Brazilian Department of Justice, have been forbidding almost every citizen from buying guns, based on the Executive Order. It is generally illegal to carry a gun outside a residence. Thus... Brazil now has massive gun confiscations, notwithstanding its refusal by Brazilian people (at the referendum of 2005). Some argue that this will increase gun homicides.

Breaking News: Turns out the voters of Brazil were right!

Total murders set new records in the three years from 2009 to 2011, surpassing the previous record set in 2003. 2003 still holds the record for murders per 100,000 in Brazil; that year alone the rate was 28.9. Police records post significantly lower numbers than the health ministry.

Wedge, the Brazilian people are some of the most beautiful, talented, grounded, and innovative in the world. Just as I hope the people of Brazil do not hold the Americans accountable for the disgusting acts of a pampered punk who should have been arrested as soon as he returned here (Ryan Lochte), I know most Americans love the people of Brazil, but not your government. We have struggled with this sort of "legal fascism" since the Kennedy/Reagan era, especially since the war criminals here have the ability to attack weaker nations w/o justification. You should feel *no* shame.

Last edited:
Gun deaths in states that allow concealed carry laws have dropped massively since the 1990s. It's not to hard to figure out why.
Alaska, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Wyoming have the top 5 highest firearm death rates per-capita of states in the US (they all allow the carrying of guns in some form without much qualification)...Illinois, which requires a 16 hour test and evaluation before permitting concealed carry, sits 40th on that list.

Also, the quotation you posted cites that 2003 still holds the record for murders per 100,000 people in Brazil, a number far more relevant than the absolute total of a given year. I don't understand how you can state that "it's not too hard to figure out why" when the data you present doesn't support your viewpoint and in any case has far too many factors to draw conclusions from.

Honestly I dont care what excuse people use to disarm the population. I want to be able to defend myself, if someone dont want just dont buy a gun. But I want the criminals to think there is a chance of the person they are going after has a gun and it can end bad for them. Much better than criminals being 100% sure you cant do anything against them.
And by looking at US demographics and illegal imigration problems good luck becoming like Brazil if Soros gets his dream to happen lol

Alaska, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Wyoming have the top 5 highest firearm death rates per-capita of states in the US (they all allow the carrying of guns in some form without much qualification)...Illinois, which requires a 16 hour test and evaluation before permitting concealed carry, sits 40th on that list.

Also, the quotation you posted cites that 2003 still holds the record for murders per 100,000 people in Brazil, a number far more relevant than the absolute total of a given year. I don't understand how you can state that "it's not too hard to figure out why" when the data you present doesn't support your viewpoint and in any case has far too many factors to draw conclusions from.

I could debate gun politics with you for hours and hours, with both logic and history, or statistics (in addition to the ones you cherry pick and call "data"). At the end of that debate, you would lose. :coffee: (65% of all Americans agree!! lol). Your political agenda aside, my point was not to argue about guns.

My post was made to was to support the point made by Wedge & Will, both from from Brazil, that sickening posts saying things like -- "brazil is a **** hole" and "Brazil, what a S[**]t hole of a country, which contributes nothing towards planet Earth" -- are repulsively over-broad in their condemnation.

As Wedge said, *due to politics corruption -- there has been a massive denial of right of self-determination (a right all citizens should have) against the people of Brazil by the Brazilian Government, which is corrupt. This corruption and suppression, which my example was meant to illustrate, doesn't know ideology or politics. It only knows power, control, and intimidation.

And that "system" - wherever it is -- must be thought of as entirely separate from the character of the individual people, who are often the victims.

I had a 14 yeah old kid pull a gun out on me walking to the shop for some beers ,
so listening to all this does not really do much for me , its life there is danger everywhere , nothing new happening here :D
When Dixon had that situation in US they interviewed Kanaan and he was like "Well, I'm brazilian so I'm used to it, no big deal" LOL :D
Aint that true? There was a day my mother coming back home saw 8 buses on the way stopped because they were all robbed

All I can say is this can happen in any country, but it does seem to happen a little more around Sao Paulo and the Brazilian GP. I'm just glad we don't have a GP in Chicago in my country. Now you want to talk about a war zone:unsure::cautious::mad:

Shoutout to all upstanding citizens of Brazil. I hope your will and ability to make things right will prevail over the corruption in your country. It's hard to imagine what living in a state where law and order are failing is like, but it must be very difficult.

When Dixon had that situation in US they interviewed Kanaan and he was like "Well, I'm brazilian so I'm used to it, no big deal" LOL :D
Aint that true? There was a day my mother coming back home saw 8 buses on the way stopped because they were all robbed
Well I am from the UK and this stuff happens everywhere , I read these mechanics whatever got held at gun point , not really surprising or shocking , its life these things happen :)

Pretty sure if you spent a year here this stance would be very different. Yeah, keep thinking it is the same everywhere.
How you get that ? I live in ukraine next to crimea what the russians just ceased , its same here too well unless ruassina gunships outside dont scare you ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back