Mercedes Star, where art thou?

Can't sleep, so I've been taking a stroll on eBay - to no avail. I'm looking for a Mercedes Star with a diameter of 45mm to 50mm. Anything bigger won't fit onto my wheel.

Needs to fit on the circle in the middle, which is exactly 51mm in diameter. I went to a Mercedes dealership but I haven't had much luck there. Any ideas?

This one would be awesome but it's 56mm in diameter. :(

Oh man, I just had a funny idea: I could add indents for jewels and you could order some cheap shaped crystals or something and you could replicate the diamond encrusted logos Mclaren used at Monaco. It might actually make it cheaper as it would use less material :)

That'd be a bit too much, I guess. :)

Uploading would work to Dropbox or, if you want, you can add me on Skype and send the file directly. Thanks a ton. :)

Upvote 0
Fantastic. Post pictures!

Well, I'd love to but they just cancelled the order because it could infringe copyrights. Obviously it would, no hard feelings.

I'm curious if they'd make this without the name below.

senna1.jpg

If it's not too much work, could you make a 3d file of that? Almost same measurements, maybe 40mmx40mm. :)

Upvote 0
Like this?

I would make this from very high detail resin because it has some really small features. You could spray paint it back and the hand paint the red.

Yep, like this but I'm just thinking: wouldn't it be better not to have it on a plate? I have foil on my wheel, so it'd possibly interfere with the look. Plus they won't notice that it's a well known logo (I don't know if the S is a trademark but it might pretty well be) if the parts are not in the correct order. So that I need to align them myself after they have arrived, so to say. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back