Mercedes line-up,surprise surprise...

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Mercedes has unveiled their driver line up for the 2009 season. Eight drivers will be driving for the manufacturer from Stuttgart. Ralf Schumacher had already been confirmed as one of the drivers to get a new car, now Paul di Resta, Bruno Spengler and Gary Paffett will also be driving a new car. Jamie Green, Susie Stoddart, Mathias Lauda and Maro Engel will be driving last year’s car.

Even though many websites had already announced the participation of Bruno Senna in the DTM, the Brazilian has turned down the seat at the last minute. Senna and Mercedes were in talks until Thursday evening, but the Brazilian decided he wants to focus on his chances in Formula 1.

Disappointment for British driver Jamie Green. He was racing a new car until the end of last year, but now has to settle for a one year old car. His place in the new car will be filled by Gary Paffett, also so from Britain. “I love DTM and I’m happy to be driving a new car again”, Paffett said. “I know this brings expectations and I hope I can do again what I did in 2005.”

But Paffett will get heavy competition, among others from his team mate Paul di Resta, who makes no secret of what his goals for this year are. “Being vice champion is nice, but only one place is better and I will work hard to get that place in 2009.”

But Bruno Spengler will want to have a piece of the cake too. “Fifth place overall in 2008 wasn’t my objective, after getting to second places in the years before that. But it motivates me even more to be at the front from the beginning this year.”

( source www.touringcartimes.com )

• Kyle Evers

Wish I could get some DTM race here in the US. It's a great series, I'd love to see it live.

No surprise with Ralf though, lol.

• Wido Rossen

Well, actually it whas.
After his very disappointing season no one give him a second season in the DTM.

Wish I could get some DTM race here in the US. It's a great series, I'd love to see it live.

It's not live but last year ARD (German television) put all races online in full length with commentary. You'd have to understand German though :wink2:

I think it's gonna be a nice season. Last years dricers seemed quite good, although I'd put Spengler in a year old car instead of Green. From what I read on TCT Schuhmacher did well in the tests, so I think even he might be interesting this time.

Shame for Jamie Green, he was doing quite well and almost had a shot at the title last year. He's a really nice guy, met him in Nuremberg airport once.

Looking forward to this year. I'll be at Brands Hatch again this year. Hopefully it'll be a close season with some good racing.

:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years